Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pghdukie View Post
    Speaking of bad basketball, has anyone seen TV Teddy Valentine this season ?
    Saw him in the Nebraska vs. NC State 4OT game on Wednesday. The game also had a injured Nebraska player try to join a brawl on a scooter. That seems about right.
    Last edited by Kdogg; 12-03-2021 at 07:03 PM.

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Quote Originally Posted by Pghdukie View Post
    Speaking of bad basketball, has anyone seen TV Teddy Valentine this season ?
    There was a bit on TV Teddy on Uni Watch the other day (website about sport uniforms - quite enjoyable reading most days.). They mentioned that Teddy has on his ref’s uniform the Smitty emblem (general uniform for refs, apparently), but because he has his own personal contract with Nike, he also had the swoosh on his uniform. So Teddy really is TV Teddy, with his own NIL.

https://uni-watch.com/2021/12/02/auction-action-36/. Go to the ticker, under college basketball.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Gonezaga
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Gonezaga
    Hmmm- that win not looking as good

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Gonezaga
    Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    Hmmm- that win not looking as good
    Looked in on the Alabama-Gonzaga game during halftime of the two football games -- Gonzaga couldn't do anything, not even make a lay-up. Alabama went from up 76-72 three minutes left to winning 91-82.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Zags shoot only 13 for 25 FTs as Alabama finishes with 4 players having 4 fouls.

I think Duke broke Gonzaga.

Quote Originally Posted by SavDukeGrad View Post
    I think Duke broke Gonzaga.
    I think Baylor broke the Zags.

Duke’s best win is being diminished by the day - Gonzaga loses to measly SEC team Alabama …

Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    Duke’s best win is being diminished by the day - Gonzaga loses to measly SEC team Alabama …
    I always think Duke’s best win is in front of them.

I'm not sure how it happened, but with nonconference games coming to a close, the SEC looks surprisingly strong so far. KenPom ratings and AP poll numbers:

[9] Alabama (AP #16)
    [10] Tennessee (AP #13)
    [13] Kentucky (AP #9)
    [14] LSU (AP #28)
    [15] Auburn (AP #21)
    [16] Florida (AP #14)
    [26] Arkansas (AP #10)
    [42] Mississippi State
    [61] Texas A&M
    [66] Mississippi
    [77] Vanderbilt
    [104] South Carolina
    [141] Missouri
    [162] Georgia

[12] Texas (AP #7)
    [39] Oklahoma

Lower-tier Mississippi and bottom feeder Georgia have wins this week over a ranked Memphis team.

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    I'm not sure how it happened, but with nonconference games coming to a close, the SEC looks surprisingly strong so far. KenPom ratings and AP poll numbers:

[9] Alabama (AP #16)
    [10] Tennessee (AP #13)
    [13] Kentucky (AP #9)
    [14] LSU (AP #28)
    [15] Auburn (AP #21)
    [16] Florida (AP #14)
    [26] Arkansas (AP #10)
    [42] Mississippi State
    [61] Texas A&M
    [66] Mississippi
    [77] Vanderbilt
    [104] South Carolina
    [141] Missouri
    [162] Georgia

[12] Texas (AP #7)
    [39] Oklahoma

Lower-tier Mississippi and bottom feeder Georgia have wins this week over a ranked Memphis team.
    The SEC is dominating football and basketball. Might be tough to knock them off that spot.

I was rooting for Gonzaga to lose. I know it diminishes our win but if we’re in a position of competing against them for a #1 seed then it helps if they have as many losses as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    I was rooting for Gonzaga to lose. I know it diminishes our win but if we’re in a position of competing against them for a #1 seed then it helps if they have as many losses as possible.
    Well there is that. But I don’t expect them to get many more going forward

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    Well there is that. But I don’t expect them to get many more going forward
    Also I want to only meet them in a possible FF or National championship (much better) game. I hope they win out and are a 1 and so is Duke.

‘Bama ain’t bad. And I know some here dislike Nate Oats, but I think he’s a damn good coach.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    ‘Bama ain’t bad. And I know some here dislike Nate Oats, but I think he’s a damn good coach.
    I'm a big Nate Oats fan. He's fantastic. He had a bout of momentary stupidity, for which he apologized. I've done 3 stupid things already this morning.

Probably not seeing so many Drew Timme Player of the Year articles anymore - he looked practically nailed to the floor last night as the game often whizzed right past him. Few sat Holmgren down the stretch last night too. All the loose balls in the 2nd half seemed to be scooped up by Bama players. That was an eye-opener.

And who thought 1st place in the ACC standings would have Wake, BC and Miami? FSU and VT in the bottom? Hope UNC joins them later today.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    The flipside of that is the more they lose, the less impressive that win looks for us, and with a down ACC this year, we need all the good wins we can get, especially if we drop a few to said a week ACC. We may not be in the running for that number one seed without Gonzaga being strong and making the win look good. On the other hand, as I said in an earlier post *after* the Ohio State loss, I still think we have the potential to be the best team in the country. Not just number one seed, but legitimately the best team. So sorta contradicting myself, we might not have any bad ACC losses (don’t worry, I’ve got a strong good luck charm to counter that jinx). But generally speaking, I prefer the teams we beat to do well, as well as the (gasp!) teams that beat us. December 14 and beyond can’t come soon enough! Go Duke!

In other games today…Northwestern is currently leading MD by 8 early in 2nd half. I don’t want to jinx it, but GO CATS!