Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    Self-quoting to confirm that Michigan State clobbered Butler last night, so my account is now straight. Of course, that also puts me from the lead - which I held legitimately early on - back to fifth place. I've got some work to do, but at least I'm no longer cheating.
    Work done. Forgive the little trash talk, there, but I've been soooo bad at this contest when I've tried it before, that I get to feel good about myself for a moment before I inevitably tank.

Several enticing matchups today for us degenerates. I jumped on FSU (-8) to cover and West Virginia (-2.5) over Clemson. All today’s games are not yet available.
    Bob Green

Out. And just in time for Christmas. My shopping list just got a whole lot shorter. Thank you DBR!

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBlue View Post
    Out. And just in time for Christmas. My shopping list just got a whole lot shorter. Thank you DBR!
    It's our pleasure.

- Degenerates

I took Georgia and points (+8.5) over Virginia.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    I took Georgia and points (+8.5) over Virginia.
    I took it earlier (at +7.5), so I lost more than you did. Fortunately, I also took the under, so I almost broke even on the game.

Let’s see if I have better luck tonight betting against Virginia. I took Providence (-2) to cover and the over (121.5 points). It’s not often I bet the over in a Virginia game. Can the Friars speed them up?
    Bob Green

Let’s see if I have better luck tonight betting against Virginia. I took Providence (-2) to cover and the over (121.5 points). It’s not often I bet the over in a Virginia game. Can the Friars speed them up?
    One of us is going to win. I have UVa at +1.5. I did not bet the o/u this time out, though.

One of us is going to win. I have UVa at +1.5. I did not bet the o/u this time out, though.
    Congratulations.

This preseason contest is a good opportunity to fine tune ones game before the ACC season tips off. One adjustment I will be making is to stop betting against Virginia. The Hoos are sending me to the poor house.
    Bob Green

Congratulations.

This preseason contest is a good opportunity to fine tune ones game before the ACC season tips off. One adjustment I will be making is to stop betting against Virginia. The Hoos are sending me to the poor house.
    Thanks, but even a blind squirrel and all that. I'm not going to stop wagering, though. No Coach K slowdown with a 10-point lead for me. I'm sure I will regress to my true level soon.

And I agree about the Hoos. I've been on the right side twice, but their performance continues to amaze. Smoke and mirrors, but it's easy to get lost in that funhouse.

From first place, to first out. This is what I get for making exclusively max bets while on vacation (and essentially letting my kids vote on each).

We flew in and out of Vegas, but based on this experience, I am very glad we didn’t spend any time there!

Duke is +7.5 this morning against Gonzaga. I’m waiting and watching before placing my bet as I expect the points to go up.
    Bob Green

I got in at Duke+7, I actually expected the line to move down but instead it’s going the other direction.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    I got in at Duke+7, I actually expected the line to move down but instead it’s going the other direction.
    I took Duke +8. Probably should’ve waited to see if the spread went higher but I didn’t.
    Bob Green

Lines for the first full day of the ACC-Big Ten Challenge are up:

Indiana -2.5 Syracuse (146)
    Minnesota -2.5 Pitt (128)
    Purdue -11 Florida St (142.5)
    Northwestern +2 Wake Forest (144)
    Rutgers -1.5 Clemson (126.5)
    Ohio State +3 Duke (147)

I kinda like FSU to cover, 11 points is a lot, and I love Duke against a banged up Ohio St team. I think Indiana should handle Syracuse with relative ease too.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Ohio State +3 Duke (147)
    This was at OSU+1 yesterday. I wonder if people saw Gonzaga's letdown last night and assume the same is going to happen for us, so they're hammering OSU. For me, seeing Duke plus points feels like Christmas has come early.

This was at OSU+1 yesterday. I wonder if people saw Gonzaga's letdown last night and assume the same is going to happen for us, so they're hammering OSU. For me, seeing Duke plus points feels like Christmas has come early.
    The line is OSU +3, so Duke is favored in the betting. Sorry, but Christmas is still later.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Lines for the first full day of the ACC-Big Ten Challenge are up:

Indiana -2.5 Syracuse (146)
    Minnesota -2.5 Pitt (128)
    Purdue -11 Florida St (142.5)
    Northwestern +2 Wake Forest (144)
    Rutgers -1.5 Clemson (126.5)
    Ohio State +3 Duke (147)

I kinda like FSU to cover, 11 points is a lot, and I love Duke against a banged up Ohio St team. I think Indiana should handle Syracuse with relative ease too.
    I have Syracuse at home getting points, in a game where they need to show something after losing 2 out of 3 in Atlantis. I think the defense will be improved. I'm on Cuse in this one.

- Chillin

The line is OSU +3, so Duke is favored in the betting. Sorry, but Christmas is still later.
    Ah, I clearly don't understand gambling at all

Ah, I clearly don't understand gambling at all
    The "+3" means that Ohio State's score +3 points must beat the Duke score. Put another way, Duke is -3, meaning you only win if Duke still wins after you subtract 3 points from Duke's score.

And the line has moved since I posted it. It is now Duke -2 (Ohio St +2), so perhaps the Gonzaga hangover does have folks worried about how we will perform.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?