View Poll Results: Who was the MOTM in Duke's ACCT win over Miami?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Wendell Moore Jr.

19 27.94%
  • Trevor Keels

0 0%
  • Paolo Banchero

34 50.00%
  • Mark Williams

2 2.94%
  • AJ Griffin

12 17.65%
  • Jeremy Roach

1 1.47%
  • Theo John

0 0%
  • Joey Baker

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

MOTM: Duke vs. Miami (ACCT 3/11/2022)

Who was the Man of the Match in 1-seed Duke's ACC Tournament semifinal win against 4-seed Miami?

GoDuke has not posted a PDF box score yet, so here are the live stats box score and the ESPN box score.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Paolo had a great all around game...for the whole game. When he plays at his best I worry less.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

I see I am in the minority so far. I voted for AJ because he made shots when we needed them most.

Wendell showed great leadership down the stretch but Banchero played strong for the entire game with 18 points, 11 rebounds, four assists and ZERO turnovers.
    Bob Green

P5 from this corner!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Wendell showed great leadership down the stretch but Banchero played strong for the entire game with 18 points, 11 rebounds, four assists and ZERO turnovers.
    Wendell to me. He plays great D, Banchero not so much.

Paolo, for saying he wanted Carolina tomorrow. I don’t give a damn about the stats. I WANT THAT ATTITUDE!!!!!

9F the Heels. Let’s go Duke!

I went with AJ. PB was right there too but he had some bad defensive lapses/fouls in the 2nd and missed some FT's down the stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Wendell to me. He plays great D, Banchero not so much.
    I’ve got no issue with a vote for Wendell. He played a great game. I love it when we have multiple legitimate options for MOTM.
    Bob Green

Paolo carried us in his arms when we were being pounded by Miami 3s. He set the tone.
    Paolo.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Honestly, I was thinking about this at the end of the game. Moore or Banchero. Then Banchero said, "UNC". Dude has proven to me that he's True Blue. MOTM.

9F
    I will never talk about That Game. GTHC.

When it's not a standardized test, I like a question with multiple choices.

AJ Griffin: 21 pts (FG 7/12, 3PT 4/6, FT 3/4), 7 reb, 0 TO
    Paolo Banchero: 18 pts (FG 8/10, 3PT 0/1, FT 2/4), 11 reb, 4 ast, 1 stl, 1 blk, 0 TO
    Wendell Moore Jr: 17 pts (FG 6/12, 3PT 1/4, FT 4/4), 6 reb, 2 ast, 1 stl, 3 blk, 4 TO

By the way, if you never voted MOTM against Syracuse, it's not too late. You can break the 40-40 tie between Moore and Roach.

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    When it's not a standardized test, I like a question with multiple choices.

AJ Griffin: 21 pts (FG 7/12, 3PT 4/6, FT 3/4), 7 reb, 0 TO
    Paolo Banchero: 18 pts (FG 8/10, 3PT 0/1, FT 2/4), 11 reb, 4 ast, 1 stl, 1 blk, 0 TO
    Wendell Moore Jr: 17 pts (FG 6/12, 3PT 1/4, FT 4/4), 6 reb, 2 ast, 1 stl, 3 blk, 4 TO

By the way, if you never voted MOTM against Syracuse, it's not too late. You can break the 40-40 tie between Moore and Roach.
    FWIW, I was really distracted yesterday trying to multitask and voted for Mark Williams by accident when I meant to vote for Moore. Does that break the tie?

Quote Originally Posted by MCFinARL View Post
    I see I am in the minority so far. I voted for AJ because he made shots when we needed them most.
    So did I he kept us even with Miami.

Wendell

I voted for Wendell. Paolo and AJ had great games, but I think Wendell was the difference-maker in the 2nd half, especially during winning time.

Paolo Banchero is the easy-peasy choice here. He was the man among boys for much of the game. Masterful.

it gets a bit tiresome seeing people disparage a freshman Banchero in chat and on the board, saying he's no Christian Laettner and other trash. If anybody thinks the freshman Laettner could have hung with the freshman Banchero, they really and truly need their head examined. Banchero would have schooled him all day long. Period.
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

Quote Originally Posted by killerleft View Post
    Paolo Banchero is the easy-peasy choice here. He was the man among boys for much of the game. Masterful.

it gets a bit tiresome seeing people disparage a freshman Banchero in chat and on the board, saying he's no Christian Laettner and other trash. If anybody thinks the freshman Laettner could have hung with the freshman Banchero, they really and truly need their head examined. Banchero would have schooled him all day long. Period.
    Well, to be fair, it's impossible to make comparisons fairly across generations--Laettner might be schooled by a lot of players today but compared to the players of his day he was amazing. And I can't tell you how sad/old it makes me feel to say this, but Laettner is from a previous generation for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by MCFinARL View Post
    Well, to be fair, it's impossible to make comparisons fairly across generations--Laettner might be schooled by a lot of players today but compared to the players of his day he was amazing. And I can't tell you how sad/old it makes me feel to say this, but Laettner is from a previous generation for sure.
    Gosh, I think Laettner would have thrived in today’s game. He was actually ahead of his time… a stretch center before there was such a thing. He also had intangibles that are rare and welcome in any era.

Quote Originally Posted by Edouble View Post
    He also had intangibles that are rare and welcome in any era.
    Well said. Hoping Paolo demonstrates those same intangibles over the next 3+ weeks.