Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nrrrrvous View Post
    Those particular zombies were nicknamed T-800's in reference to the Terminators. (Being extremely hard to kill)
    Sure sure. But it definitely originated in Terminator Land.

Also, "Terminator Terminology" is too great not to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Sure sure. But it definitely originated in Terminator Land.

Also, "Terminator Terminology" is too great not to use.
    Give it 10 years, Zombieland will be the top link on the google search page for T-800 and nobody will believe you that it wasn't coined in Zombieland and later copied by Terminator.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Give it 10 years, Zombieland will be the top link on the google search page for T-800 and nobody will believe you that it wasn't coined in Zombieland and later copied by Terminator.
    In 10 years, Google won't have search "pages".
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    In 10 years, Google won't have search "pages".
    That's one of the effects of the vaccine microchips. I hear that they are self-replicating, self-repairing, self-upgrading and everything will be connected.

We won't need messy surgical implants when those tiny tiny chips have done their job.

I die inside - just a little - every time someone revives a once-"killed" thread.

Sigh. Stale data.

Quote Originally Posted by grad_devil View Post
    I die inside - just a little - every time someone revives a once-"killed" thread.

Sigh. Stale data.
    Sorry... I did that to the Team Captains thread a couple days ago: https://forums.dukebasketballreport...69#post1415569
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Sorry... I did that to the Team Captains thread a couple days ago: https://forums.dukebasketballreport...69#post1415569
    And somebody brought back the Champion's Classic from 2010!

Ha! I'm kidding, of course. I wasn't planning on running these reports every night or anything. Probably. That would be ridiculous. Mostly.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I think for a thread to be considered "dead", the last post has to be at least 6 months old. That whole thread is just having it's one month birthday today.

And somebody brought back the Champion's Classic from 2010!

Ha! I'm kidding, of course. I wasn't planning on running these reports every night or anything. Probably. That would be ridiculous. Mostly.
    Poor Nugget...robbed of glory!
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Sigh. Stale data.
    It's great sport clicking back to the beginning of thread time and reading what used to be the topics of conversation ---- and then chiming in a decade later!

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    It's great sport clicking back to the beginning of thread time and reading what used to be the topics of conversation ---- and then chiming in a decade later!
    That, and pulling the wings off of butterflies?

Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post
    That, and pulling the wings off of butterflies?
    How many generations of butterflies lived and died their best butterfly life between the penultimate post in a thread that had been dormant for ten years and the thread-reviving post of some cretin who just wanted to make the data in this thread obsolete?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    How many generations of butterflies lived and died their best butterfly life between the penultimate post in a thread that had been dormant for ten years and the thread-reviving post of some cretin who just wanted to make the data in this thread obsolete?

Perhaps the bearing of that first butterfly’s wings in Africa ultimately led to the revival of the thread. It’s, like, a theory and all.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Perhaps the bearing of that first butterfly’s wings in Africa ultimately led to the revival of the thread. It’s, like, a theory and all.
    One of you is talking about the butterfly effect, the other about affecting butterflies. I'm bad at grammar, so witch is witch, I don't no.

I'm DEFINITELY not writing code to count butterflies. I'm sure it would be way too...buggy.

<ducks>

I'm DEFINITELY not writing code to count butterflies. I'm sure it would be way too...buggy.

<ducks>
    Go home. Right now!

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    It's more a hypothesis than a theory, but it could become a movie. That's a butterfly effect we have already seen.

you can go ahead and add my "southpoint shootings" and "asheville suggestions" to my list...

thanks...

maybe this one too...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    you can go ahead and add my "southpoint shootings" and "asheville suggestions" to my list...

thanks...

maybe this one too...
    Perhaps, perhaps.

I'm looking forward to someone being the thread killer in the FB Coach Speculation thread.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    I'm looking forward to someone being the thread killer in the FB Coach Speculation thread.
    Can we speculate who that will be? The thread killer, not the coach.