Alana Beard: WNBA Team Owner?

Here's another "Duke alum goes big" news story.

Former Duke WBB player Alana Beard is leading an ownership group that is looking to build a WNBA franchise in Oakland, CA. Beard was a freshman the same year as me at Duke and was every bit the All-American. The former WNBA Champion is looking to make her mark in the front office now that her playing career is over. What a great move for her and the WNBA!

https://twitter.com/AASEGOakland/sta...08237970018306

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    Here's another "Duke alum goes big" news story.

Former Duke WBB player Alana Beard is leading an ownership group that is looking to build a WNBA franchise in Oakland, CA. Beard was a freshman the same year as me at Duke and was every bit the All-American. The former WNBA Champion is looking to make her mark in the front office now that her playing career is over. What a great move for her and the WNBA!

https://twitter.com/AASEGOakland/sta...08237970018306
    Awesome, thanks for sharing! I overlapped with her at Duke, too. Favorite women’s player, hands down. Hope it pans out for her.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Awesome, thanks for sharing! I overlapped with her at Duke, too. Favorite women’s player, hands down. Hope it pans out for her.
    Me as well. Alana was my favorite Duke Women's player. Jersey in the rafters, right?

GoDuke!

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    Me as well. Alana was my favorite Duke Women's player. Jersey in the rafters, right?

GoDuke!
    The players, men and women, would sometimes play pick up in the student gyms during summer sessions. I’ve had the pleasure of mostly standing around trying not to do something stupid and injurious in a pick-up game with Alana. Real nice, approachable person.

Didn’t see a WNBA thread so might sneak it in here. Alana’s old nemesis, Diana Taurasi, is still hooping strong st 40. What an amazing career she’s had and a temperament MJ would appreciate.

https://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id...0-age-40-older

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post

GoDuke!
    My all-time fav, too!

Didn’t see a WNBA thread so might sneak it in here. Alana’s old nemesis, Diana Taurasi, is still hooping strong st 40. What an amazing career she’s had and a temperament MJ would appreciate.

cocky like MJ, but also not as much of an narcissistic a-hole off the court.
    1200. DDMF.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley

Oh yeah, she's a lovely human being. Perhaps you could say instead of "hooping strong", you can opt in for she's still kicking it.

Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Oh yeah, she's a lovely human being. Perhaps you could say instead of "hooping strong", you can opt in for she's still kicking it.

I suspect you could find evidence of a “cheap shot” on YouTube for most professional players. It doesn’t make them bad human beings.

I suspect you could find evidence of a “cheap shot” on YouTube for most professional players. It doesn’t make them bad human beings.
    Wasn't that a trademark of NBA star, Karl Malone, who was not so good of a person.