Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Eager to give the space its own charm, the couple decided to gut the penthouse, hiring interior designer Michael Aiduss of Michael Aiduss Interiors + Architecture. Mr. Redick declined to disclose the cost of the renovation.

“Essentially every fixture has been replaced with their own selection,” Ms. Koxvold said.

Mr. Aiduss said his design was inspired by European interiors. One of the bathrooms has a vanity sink that was carved and gilded in Florence, Italy, he said. In the kitchen, the custom-designed cabinetry is a deep Aegean blue fitted with brass trim.

JJ Redick during his stint with the Dallas Mavericks.
    PHOTO: GLENN JAMES/NBAE/GETTY IMAGES
    “The kitchen is sort of the centerpiece and the showstopper of the apartment,” Mr. Redick said. “It’s also where we spend most of our time, given that it’s adjacent to the family room and the television.”

The penthouse comes with about 2,500 square feet of private outdoor living space, with a wraparound terrace on each level, Mr. Redick said. The terrace on the main floor has a grilling station and an enclosed area surrounded by hedges.

“We spent a ton of time and resources on planning a beautiful outdoor space,” Mr. Redick said. “It’s what makes our apartment so unique.”

Needless to say but JJ Redick and his wife have excellent taste.

The Redicks, who have two children, rented at 51 Jay during the renovation, then moved into the penthouse in 2019, Mr. Redick said. They still plan on living in Brooklyn, he said, but they want to move closer to their children’s school in Brooklyn Heights.

Quote Originally Posted by heyman25 View Post
    Needless to say but JJ Redick and his wife have excellent taste.
    Hard not to notice a lot of dark blue in the color schemes.

Quote Originally Posted by Edouble View Post
    This is a low blow, but a reasonable request nonetheless.

Podcast is one thing, the bright lights and huge audience is another. Whom he is paired with is also a huge factor in his success.

Our own Shane Battier gave it a go and seemed to have some difficulty getting his personality across. Even Grant hasn't been an A+, although part of that is that I think Bill Raftery is a bit passive aggressive towards him.

My point is that nothing is guaranteed. I hope JJ does well. He is one of my favorite Duke players of all time and I happened to meet him by chance about 10 years ago. He was incredibly gracious and kind.
    JJ has been podcasting for a while so a bit different than Shane and Grant. I suspect he is not doing it for the money but for an opportunity to grow. We will see.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    JJ has been podcasting for a while so a bit different than Shane and Grant. I suspect he is not doing it for the money but for an opportunity to grow. We will see.
    The money assuages the growing pains - and also pays for watches.

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Mmmmm... Money sausage.

Wait, what?

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Good call on the watches, but I either read or heard him talk about how he kind of dropped that habit because despite his millions he found the conspicuous consumption to be impractical and a bit gauche. I think he pared his collection way down to maybe 3 that he loves and got rid of the rest. I think our man had 20+ at some point including all kinds of special custom made carrying cases and such. He definitely is someone way into aesthetics, though...

https://www.architecturaldigest.com/...ouse-apartment

Quote Originally Posted by heyman25 View Post
    Kool $8.5 Million. Need WSJ subscription to open. Wife is a Pilates Instructor and a Real Estate agent. I recall JJ is a collector of Men's Watches.
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/inside-...eat_strip_pos1
    It’s an interesting PR decision when rich people decide to lay out their acquisitions. JJ’s unusual level of focus allows him to lay out the details of consumer items I’ve never heard of (secret panel for fancy wine glasses?). Maybe they’re just trying to max the sales price or are advertising his wife’s real estate career. I guess celebs do such things just to get their names out there, but I don’t see how it helps a career within sports announcing. Neutral at best, imho. Maybe they’re just proud of their apartment and want to show off their creative collaboration with their decorator. I’d kinda rather watch him shoot jump shots.

JJ appears on Tuesdays on NBA Today on ESPN (3:00-4:00). Sometimes he is in the studio. He comments on NBA teams. He thinks the Lakers need a quality outside shooter like himself .

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    Here is the public listing with lots of pics. Some of it is nice, some of it is what my mother would have called ungapatchka. Great outdoor space. I wonder where he is moving - this place is a short hop across the bridge to ESPN's studios.

https://www.compass.com/listing/51-j...4973250067873/
    If someone paid $8.5M cash, they'd still owe over $7k/month in taxes/common charges. Nice place.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    If someone paid $8.5M cash, they'd still owe over $7k/month in taxes/common charges. Nice place.
    Yep. That's what kept me from buying it.

Quote Originally Posted by jacone21 View Post
    Yep. That's what kept me from buying it.
    I, on the other hand, just didn’t want to undertake another remodel.

Quote Originally Posted by WV_Iron_Duke View Post
    JJ appears on Tuesdays on NBA Today on ESPN (3:00-4:00). Sometimes he is in the studio. He comments on NBA teams. He thinks the Lakers need a quality outside shooter like himself .
    How’s he doing? I have not had a chance to catch his show.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post

This exchanged happened today w/ Stephen A Smith saying players don't fear LBJ:

JJ Reddick just told @stephenasmith, "I dont know if you actually believe what you are saying!" Then SAS tried to say, when you watch the game.. JJ said, No, I played the game, Im telling you that you are wrong"

So, yeah, I'd say JJ is killing it!

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    looks like he gave Stephen A Smith a 'come to Jesus'

SAS said no one in the NBA feared LeBron James. JJ said something along the lines of 'I don't think you believe that'

When SAS continued to argue his point, JJ basically told him he didn't know what he was talking about.

You gotta love JJ.

Quote Originally Posted by hsheffield View Post
    looks like he gave Stephen A Smith a 'come to Jesus'

SAS said no one in the NBA feared LeBron James. JJ said something along the lines of 'I don't think you believe that'

When SAS continued to argue his point, JJ basically told him he didn't know what he was talking about.

You gotta love JJ.
    By the end SAS had no idea what his own argument even was. Blowhard.
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Here's the exchange (or rather, the Stephen A. Smith rant with occasional JJ Redick interruptions):

Despite all that airtime, Stephen A. Smith never fully shaped his idea to form a point. I guess he was just rephrasing the old argument that LeBron James lacks the killer competitive instinct of Michael Jordan? To have that instinct is to be feared by others? I'm not sure. JJ Redick did all right, considering he had to argue with someone who had no real argument, which in my experience is never easy.

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    Here's the exchange (or rather, the Stephen A. Smith rant with occasional JJ Redick interruptions):

Despite all that airtime, Stephen A. Smith never fully shaped his idea to form a point. I guess he was just rephrasing the old argument that LeBron James lacks the killer competitive instinct of Michael Jordan? To have that instinct is to be feared by others? I'm not sure. JJ Redick did all right, considering he had to argue with someone who had no real argument, which in my experience is never easy.
    Does he EVER make a point during his shouted rants?

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    Here is the public listing with lots of pics. Some of it is nice, some of it is what my mother would have called ungapatchka. Great outdoor space. I wonder where he is moving - this place is a short hop across the bridge to ESPN's studios.

https://www.compass.com/listing/51-j...4973250067873/
    Taxes 3k/mo, common charges 4k/mo - so costs 85k/yr to own. Yikes!
    edit: nm, I didn’t see the posts that beat me to it.
    Last edited by Skydog; 11-24-2021 at 03:16 PM.

I guess it’s clear that JJ doesn’t fear Stephen A Smith.

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post

JJ will do fine but he’ll probably get frustrated with the “hot take” conflict-driven programming that dominates sports coverage these days. I think ESPN underestimates their audience’s desire for informed and level debate but Stephen A is still around so what do I know.