Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    Not sure I understand the Carolina reference. When did we start talking about or discussing Carolina? Did I miss something?

I think it’s pretty apparent your brain synapses fire differently than mine and your general cognitive processing performance is also different than mine - so on that note …

Go Duke.
    Clearly...

Quote Originally Posted by Kfanarmy View Post
    Clearly...
    I watched the game and didn’t draw the same conclusion that you did that it was “one of the worst officiated games” you’ve seen in quite some time.

Final penalties on each squad:

Wake - 6 for 66 yards
    Army - 7 for 64 yards

If that’s the one of the worst officiated games you’ve seen in a while, it seems you’re very critical of collegiate officiating - or have too high of expectations for them!

This NC State game has been great so far! I missed most of the good games earlier, so nice to be able to finish the night out with a little excitement.

DOINK!

What a sequence, with a missed FG (wide right) wiped out by a running into a kicker penalty (after a bad missed call that cost State a ton of yards). On his second try, the kicker overcorrects, and it looks like he is going to be way wide left, but it bounces off the left crossbar and in! State needs to get a stop here.

So, that UVA-GT game kinda went the way I expected the UVA-Duke game to go, albeit ending in more exciting fashion than I was hoping. I'd like to think a 21 point lead with 4 minutes to go in Q4 would be safe, but I'd like a lot of things.

I have to amend my description of UVA's football team from:

"UVA has a great passing attack, decent special teams, and absolutely nothing else" to

"UVA has an elite passing attack and absolutely nothing else".

Hmm, Wake 70 Army 56. Duke would probably give up 100 to Army if we played them this season. Then again, Duke might give up 100 to Wake. Seeing how good our defense is.

GoDuke!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Pick 6 on a shovel pass puts Pitt up 21-7 on Clemson.
    I am curious what people think is the problem with Clemson. It can’t be talent- they have the most in the ACC. Is it coaching? Is it a loss of focus? Very strange to see such a decline in a year.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    I am curious what people think is the problem with Clemson. It can’t be talent- they have the most in the ACC. Is it coaching? Is it a loss of focus? Very strange to see such a decline in a year.
    My understanding is that Trevor Lawrence covered up a lot of deficiencies on offense. The offense has apparently been borderline for two years running.

At this rate, Wake may have difficulty recruiting punters and placekickers going forward.