Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Why weren't the recruits at CTC wearing masks in any picture?

So I couldn't help but notice that I think the recruits pictured at CTC were all unmasked.

Is there some policy there that I don't know about?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ash View Post
    So I couldn't help but notice that I think the recruits pictured at CTC were all unmasked.

Lower your voice, we don’t want to get caught. Of course the rule doesn’t apply to VIP visitors. Of course, I haven’t read all the rules yet either.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ash View Post

Wearing of a mask was mandatory at CTC. I would say that about 30% of the people there complied with that 'mandatory' rule. Most of the people that did comply looked to be in the 50 and older crowd.

Note, that just my observation from section 2, row J, seat 6 :-)

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    Wearing of a mask was mandatory at CTC. I would say that about 30% of the people there complied with that 'mandatory' rule. Most of the people that did comply looked to be in the 50 and older crowd.

Interesting. From section 9 I would have said it was more like 80-90% compliance. No way that less than half of the attendees were following the mask rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Interesting. From section 9 I would have said it was more like 80-90% compliance. No way that less than half of the attendees were following the mask rules.
    That's interesting. I wish the percentage was high around me. One of the reasons I worded that like I did was to be clear that it was just my observation (i.e. small sample size). I did notice that people were putting their mask on when they got up to go to concessions or go to the restroom.

That's interesting. I wish the percentage was high around me. One of the reasons I worded that like I did was to be clear that it was just my observation (i.e. small sample size). I did notice that people were putting their mask on when they got up to go to concessions or go to the restroom.
    Ha. I was basing my observation on what I saw in the concourse and restrooms (I wasn't paying that much attention when I was at my seats...other stuff to focus on and our row was half empty anyway), so maybe we're both right.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley

While I'm not overly optimistic, I hope that attitude changes for regular season games. I know 100% that if it doesn't, my stepmom will be walking out (and since she's my ride, I will be too.) I also know 100% that she isn't alone in her choice of staying or going, and that she will be joined by others walking out the door.
    It's a special season. I'll wear my mask for a few reasons. One is for health, and one is for the fact that I want to be there to witness the end of it. If Cameron is ever designated as a hot spot, I don't doubt that Duke will shut it down. Let's not let that happen.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    While I'm not overly optimistic, I hope that attitude changes for regular season games. I know 100% that if it doesn't, my stepmom will be walking out (and since she's my ride, I will be too.) I also know 100% that she isn't alone in her choice of staying or going, and that she will be joined by others walking out the door.
    It's a special season. I'll wear my mask for a few reasons. One is for health, and one is for the fact that I want to be there to witness the end of it. If Cameron is ever designated as a hot spot, I don't doubt that Duke will shut it down. Let's not let that happen.
    Must spread those sporkzz. I agree those people are being selfish and could bring an end to 2021-2022 Duke basketball prematurely.

If it helps put anyone's mind at ease, I would guess that even though it isn't perfect, Cameron will have some of the best masking compliance of any NCAA or NBA stadium*.

If Duke wants to enforce the policy (rather than relying on the honor system) they're going to bring in some extra gameday staff specifically for that purpose, it is too much for the usher at each section to handle on their own on top of their other duties (IMO).

*Edit: Stadiums that are not requiring masks (if there are any) get an N/A, not a 100% compliance

At football games, compliance in the stands is minimal once fans are seated. When fans got up to go to the concourse, compliance was, well, much better, maybe close to 90%? And the lines for the concession stands had signs "no mask, no service".

We've had our booster shots. Everyone in the stadium, except the low-lifes that will lie and cheat, is vaccinated or has a recent test. I'm not overly concerned, although I expect I will comply and wear my mask while seated.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

If it helps put anyone's mind at ease, I would guess that even though it isn't perfect, Cameron will have some of the best masking compliance of any NCAA or NBA stadium*.

If Duke wants to enforce the policy (rather than relying on the honor system) they're going to bring in some extra gameday staff specifically for that purpose, it is too much for the usher at each section to handle on their own on top of their other duties (IMO).

*Edit: Stadiums that are not requiring masks (if there are any) get an N/A, not a 100% compliance
    it's too much if there aren't signs all over the place and announcements at every timeout, but the department seems to not care to take any action to help make it a reality.

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    At football games, compliance in the stands is minimal once fans are seated. When fans got up to go to the concourse, compliance was, well, much better, maybe close to 90%? And the lines for the concession stands had signs "no mask, no service".

We've had our booster shots. Everyone in the stadium, except the low-lifes that will lie and cheat, is vaccinated or has a recent test. I'm not overly concerned, although I expect I will comply and wear my mask while seated.
    It is really hard for me to get too worked up about masking at an outdoor venue that is operating at about 5% capacity (despite the fact that I personally comply with the policy). Indoors is a bit of a different story (especially if they're going to seemingly wait until halftime to bother getting the air flowing), although as you note the vaccination/testing requirements should also help put people's mind at ease a little.

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    it's too much if there aren't signs all over the place and announcements at every timeout, but the department seems to not care to take any action to help make it a reality.
    A cynic would say that the recent Duke COVID policies (not only regarding athletics events) are about optics rather than actually trying to limit spread.

A cynic would say that the recent Duke COVID policies (not only regarding athletics events) are about optics rather than actually trying to limit spread.
    not sure it's even a cynical viewpoint...

Did anyone see any hand sanitizing stations in Cameron? I looked and could not find any, even in/at the restrooms. Seems to be a planning oversight.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    Did anyone see any hand sanitizing stations in Cameron? I looked and could not find any, even in/at the restrooms. Seems to be a planning oversight.
    It isn't a big deal, but I was mildly surprised that they didn't switch to touchless/automatic soap dispensers in the bathrooms.

Or one could say that requiring vaccination or a recent negative test is what actually limits any spread while a mask policy where everyone attending is either vaccinated or tested negative is about optics.

Quote Originally Posted by vlogical View Post
    Or one could say that requiring vaccination or a recent negative test is what actually limits any spread while a mask policy where everyone attending is either vaccinated or tested negative is about optics.
    Except that it negates the possibility of a vaccinated person having a breakthrough case.

"One could say" the masks are still important.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Except that it negates the possibility of a vaccinated person having a breakthrough case.

"One could say" the masks are still important.
    Assuming one believes breakthrough cases among the vaccinated are a big deal. Not saying they are or aren't, just that there are differences of opinion around this, even among people who generally take the pandemic seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by luvdahops View Post
    Assuming one believes breakthrough cases among the vaccinated are a big deal. Not saying they are or aren't, just that there are differences of opinion around this, even among people who generally take the pandemic seriously.
    Why would they not be a "big deal?" I have a neighbor, fully vaxxed teacher. Contracted COVID in September and didn't go to the hospital, but was laid up for ten days at home.

Who doesn't think it's a "big deal?"