Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Pretty sure our games last year were mostly in empty (ish) arenas. The UNC game was one of their (UNC’s) only games played with some fans.

A few schools allowed friends and family to go, but I think the general policies were fanless games.
    I went back to check because I wasn't sure. Of the 9 away ACC games, only one had an attendance of 0 (like every Duke home game). The other 8 had some people in the stadium but like you said many likely were friends and family only. Three of the 8 had 25-101 people, 3 were 250-1100, and two were 3000+ (UN* and Lville). Still, having been a competitor, I think having a vocal cohort of 100 people while seemingly insignificant, can have some impact particularly when they're close to the court and easily heard. But yeah I recall the state of North Carolina did not allow fans until near the very end of the season.

Tracking the Polls 2021-22

Couldn't find an existing thread for this season (other than the preseason one)...

What does the top 5 look like next week? Are wins over Villanova and UNC enough to keep Purdue ahead of Duke, given that Gonzaga lost to Duke, UCLA badly to Gonzaga, and Kansas to Dayton?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevil2K View Post
    Couldn't find an existing thread for this season (other than the preseason one)...

What does the top 5 look like next week? Are wins over Villanova and UNC enough to keep Purdue ahead of Duke, given that Gonzaga lost to Duke, UCLA badly to Gonzaga, and Kansas to Dayton?
    we're 1 or 2. I think this is a big enough win over what was viewed as an untouchable gonzaga team to jump purdue.

But we now have thought more about the poll than the voters...so ?
    April 1

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    we're 1 or 2. I think this is a big enough win over what was viewed as an untouchable gonzaga team to jump purdue.

But we now have thought more about the poll than the voters...so ?
    Oh wait, does that guy from Detroit still get a vote? The one who leaves Duke off his ballot until we win a true road game? 😀

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevil2K View Post
    Are wins over Villanova and UNC enough to keep Purdue ahead of Duke…?
    I don’t think beating one good team is enough.

My guess is that the AP poll keeps Purdue above us, just because they subscribe to the theory that you can’t drop if you don’t lose. But the Coaches poll will have us at #1.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    I don’t think beating one good team is enough.
    Perfect.