Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    LOL, finally got the confusing email. Just idiotic that they waited so long to print the parking passes.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

To confirm, for our vaccine confirmation to enter the game, we are supposed to click on the link that was emailed to us and then show it to get in? I just tried to click on the URL and it no longer takes me to the confirmation, I get an error message. Hope this is fixed before Saturday! Am thinking about printing it out (if I can ever get back in) just in case this happens again.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray Gator View Post
    The message I received today from the Iron Dukes is confusing (big surprise, right?). First it states:

This season, tickets will be digital, accessed through your mobile device, to provide the safest and most convenient experience for our fans.

That means all tickets must be downloaded to a mobile device to gain entry to Duke Athletics events.

But then it says:

If you selected to receive hard copy tickets and have those tickets in your possession, those tickets will work for you to enter the stadium.

How do we reconcile these apparently contradictory instructions?
    CONFUSION RESOLVED -- Those who elected to receive physical paper tickets MUST USE THE PHYSICAL PAPER TICKETS TO BE ADMITTED TO GAMES.

I received the package with my season tickets and parking passes today. But there was a bonus inside: They mistakenly included another person's set of tickets as well. So I called the Iron Dukes and the Ticket Office to let them know that another season ticket holder would be missing their tickets. The staff member in the Ticket Office thanked me for reporting the error and told me to just destroy those tickets. In response, I commented jokingly that the tickets were worthless anyway, since we had been instructed by prior e-mails and notices that all admission to Cameron this season would require an electronic ticket. WRONG!

She informed me that those of us who elected to receive physical paper tickets would need to show those tickets for admission to games. The electronic tickets we received in our accounts and loaded on our devices are only for purposes of transferring or returning our tickets, and will not enable us to gain entry to games. I told her that the prior messaging from the Ticket Office did not make that clear, and in fact stated that "all tickets must be downloaded to a mobile device to gain entry to Duke Athletics events." When she said that language was only intended to apply to those who ordered mobile tickets, I pointed out that the wording on the Duke Athletics website simply says "all tickets," without qualification. Her explanation was that the original e-mail message that provided the link to that webpage referred specifically to "more information on mobile ticketing," and thus should have been understood as not being applicable to those who placed orders for delivery of physical tickets.

As I left it with her, I hope that I'm the only one who was confused by those messages, and that everyone else who received delivery of paper tickets is aware that they'll need to bring those tickets with them and show them to get into Cameron. If it turns out that I'm the only one who was dense enough to be confused, that will be a good thing.

CONFUSION RESOLVED -- Those who elected to receive physical paper tickets MUST USE THE PHYSICAL PAPER TICKETS TO BE ADMITTED TO GAMES.

I received the package with my season tickets and parking passes today. But there was a bonus inside: They mistakenly included another person's set of tickets as well. So I called the Iron Dukes and the Ticket Office to let them know that another season ticket holder would be missing their tickets. The staff member in the Ticket Office thanked me for reporting the error and told me to just destroy those tickets. In response, I commented jokingly that the tickets were worthless anyway, since we had been instructed by prior e-mails and notices that all admission to Cameron this season would require an electronic ticket. WRONG!

She informed me that those of us who elected to receive physical paper tickets would need to show those tickets for admission to games. The electronic tickets we received in our accounts and loaded on our devices are only for purposes of transferring or returning our tickets, and will not enable us to gain entry to games. I told her that the prior messaging from the Ticket Office did not make that clear, and in fact stated that "all tickets must be downloaded to a mobile device to gain entry to Duke Athletics events." When she said that language was only intended to apply to those who ordered mobile tickets, I pointed out that the wording on the Duke Athletics website simply says "all tickets," without qualification. Her explanation was that the original e-mail message that provided the link to that webpage referred specifically to "more information on mobile ticketing," and thus should have been understood as not being applicable to those who placed orders for delivery of physical tickets.

As I left it with her, I hope that I'm the only one who was confused by those messages, and that everyone else who received delivery of paper tickets is aware that they'll need to bring those tickets with them and show them to get into Cameron. If it turns out that I'm the only one who was dense enough to be confused, that will be a good thing.
    You know what the wrong response to a customer being confused by your communication is? Doubling down that you shouldn't have been confused by the messaging and that it is, really, your fault.

Were that the response I got, I would have sent a nice letter up the chain. That's simply not an acceptable response to a customer in any capacity. The correct response is "Yes, I can see how that might be confusing. We'll see what we can do about clarifying the language."

That said, I am also not surprised that was the response.
    April 1

She informed me that those of us who elected to receive physical paper tickets would need to show those tickets for admission to games. The electronic tickets we received in our accounts and loaded on our devices are only for purposes of transferring or returning our tickets, and will not enable us to gain entry to games.
    So if we want to, err, give our tickets to someone to go in our place we can send them the electronic tickets for them to use, or do they need to have our paper tickets to gain entry? What if there is no time to get our tickets to our guest?
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    So if we want to, err, give our tickets to someone to go in our place we can send them the electronic tickets for them to use, or do they need to have our paper tickets to gain entry? What if there is no time to get our tickets to our guest?
    In past years, you could call the ticket office and explain the issue, and they would hold tickets at the will-call window for the person you specified to pick them up. I don’t know if that’s still an option.

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Our paper tickets can still be transferred electronically. (I've already transferred my tickets for the opener to our son, who lives in Durham; it was a simple and quick process.) Once they've been electronically transferred, the paper tickets for that game are then rendered ineffective. At least that's my present understanding . . .

Our paper tickets can still be transferred electronically. (I've already transferred my tickets for the opener to our son, who lives in Durham; it was a simple and quick process.) Once they've been electronically transferred, the paper tickets for that game are then rendered ineffective. At least that's my present understanding . . .
    My suspicion is they have no interest in making it convenient to continue to use paper tickets.
    April 1

I will miss the paper tickets. I’ve posted this on the forum before, but I think it’s worth repeating:

I can’t remember the year, probably in the early 2000’s. All of the tickets for opposing teams were printed in the visiting team’s school colors - except one. The unc tickets were bright pink.

I'm bummed that the paper tickets didn't come in the book with player/coaches pictures on them! Those used to be fun!
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    I'm bummed that the paper tickets didn't come in the book with player/coaches pictures on them! Those used to be fun!
    Indeed. Considering how much they cost, and the fact that it's Coach K's farewell season, it seems they could have produced something more attractive and memorable to provide season ticket holders. The ones they sent out are just marginally better than five-for-a-dollar raffle tickets in quality.

I greatly prefer the idea of using electronic/mobile tickets for ... basically everything

That said, this wasn't the year for Duke Basketball to introduce this transition.

I requested paper tickets solely to have that "Coach K farewell" collection of mementos. The last several years of "ticket books" had some pretty neat ticket designs... the fact that Coach K's final season abandoned the ticket book style and reverted to dot-matrix lottery tickets makes me wish I just went digital...

but oh well... in the grand scheme... it's just a ticket.

I recently purchased tickets second hand from someone but I was a little nervous about it cause I don't want to get scammed of course. I looked up the person up online and I saw they did have a criminal record BUT it's not involving anything to do with fraud or anything along these lines. I took a shot and will let you know how it goes.

I was curious what the point of the digital tickets are to begin with if they don't let you gain access to the game? The tickets I received were physical tickets.
    Last edited by -jk; 11-05-2021 at 07:13 PM. Reason: clarity

Quote Originally Posted by basketballamadeus View Post
    I recently purchased tickets second hand from someone but I was a little nervous about it cause I don't want to get scammed of course. I looked up the person up online and I saw they did have a criminal record BUT it's not involving anything to do with fraud or anything along these lines. I took a shot and will let you know how it goes.

I was curious what the point of the digital tickets are to begin with if they don't let you gain access to the game? The tickets I received were physical tickets.
    For most people, tickets are digital only this year and they do let you gain access to the game. For the relatively few people who requested paper tickets, the paper tickets are primary.