Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 34
  1. #1

    BB season tickets

    Being a ludite I ordered printed BB tickets. Has anyone received theirs?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Atlanta 'burbs
    Quote Originally Posted by lucybluebear View Post
    Being a ludite I ordered printed BB tickets. Has anyone received theirs?
    Nope. Itís not the last day before the first game yet.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    Nope. Itís not the last day before the first game yet.
    This is correct. Literally the day before.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by INSPECTORLEWIS View Post
    This is correct. Literally the day before.
    Same old last minute Duke. It's been going on for years. I guess you might call it a tradition!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Watching carolina Go To HELL!
    Quote Originally Posted by devilseven View Post
    Same old last minute Duke. It's been going on for years. I guess you might call it a tradition!
    I called the ticket office yesterday. They still hadn't received the parking passes in to send out with the season tickets, or by themselves if you are getting virtual tickets. They were expecting the parking passes in today or Thursday and hope to send out the tickets on Friday UPS next day.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

    Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    http://www.EGLEW.com


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Durham
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    I called the ticket office yesterday. They still hadn't received the parking passes in to send out with the season tickets, or by themselves if you are getting virtual tickets. They were expecting the parking passes in today or Thursday and hope to send out the tickets on Friday UPS next day.
    why put the money you give them on planning ahead when you can put it on next day shipping instead

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Watching carolina Go To HELL!
    Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    why put the money you give them on planning ahead when you can put it on next day shipping instead
    Well, I'd say the same thing I say about people who won't get vaccinated - you can't fix stupid.

    OK, I went to www.dukecheckin.com to upload our vaccination cards. You can do it for an individual or up to six family members (including you). My SO's vax card has her name on one side and the vaccination records on the reverse side. Their system would not take that, it kept asking for a "valid vaccination card". Her 3rd dose card has her name and the vax record on one side, and the system did take that. It literally says "3rd dose" on it, but of course does not show her first two shots, but it worked. I got confirmations for both of us.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

    Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    http://www.EGLEW.com


  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Well, I'd say the same thing I say about people who won't get vaccinated - you can't fix stupid.

    OK, I went to www.dukecheckin.com to upload our vaccination cards. You can do it for an individual or up to six family members (including you). My SO's vax card has her name on one side and the vaccination records on the reverse side. Their system would not take that, it kept asking for a "valid vaccination card". Her 3rd dose card has her name and the vax record on one side, and the system did take that. It literally says "3rd dose" on it, but of course does not show her first two shots, but it worked. I got confirmations for both of us.
    I checked in for the W-S State game. Is there a way to sing up for the whole season or do you have to check in for each game.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    I checked in for the W-S State game. Is there a way to sing up for the whole season or do you have to check in for each game.
    My understanding is that you only have to upload the vaccine document once, but need to check in for each game separately.

  10. #10
    Iíve got my e-tickets. Can I print them out and use them that way?

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Got an email yesterday saying the were sent out vis UPS and should be received today.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Got an email yesterday saying the were sent out vis UPS and should be received today.
    The message I received today from the Iron Dukes is confusing (big surprise, right?). First it states:

    This season, tickets will be digital, accessed through your mobile device, to provide the safest and most convenient experience for our fans.

    That means all tickets must be downloaded to a mobile device to gain entry to Duke Athletics events.


    But then it says:

    If you selected to receive hard copy tickets and have those tickets in your possession, those tickets will work for you to enter the stadium.

    How do we reconcile these apparently contradictory instructions?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Delivered! A very expensive package. Game with the holes are $220 apiece.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Delivered! A very expensive package. Game with the holes are $220 apiece.
    I got an email this morning, saying that they were still waiting on parking passes before sending out the tickets. Did you get a parking pass with the tickets that you just received? Thanks

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    I have received no tickets, no parking passes and no emails.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by devilseven View Post
    I got an email this morning, saying that they were still waiting on parking passes before sending out the tickets. Did you get a parking pass with the tickets that you just received? Thanks
    No, we don't bother with a parking pass.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Stray Gator View Post
    The message I received today from the Iron Dukes is confusing (big surprise, right?). First it states:

    This season, tickets will be digital, accessed through your mobile device, to provide the safest and most convenient experience for our fans.

    That means all tickets must be downloaded to a mobile device to gain entry to Duke Athletics events.


    But then it says:

    If you selected to receive hard copy tickets and have those tickets in your possession, those tickets will work for you to enter the stadium.

    How do we reconcile these apparently contradictory instructions?

    am I missing something? why are digital tickets deemed more safe? I show my ticket at the door, it's scanned....never touched, and I go to my seat.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Durham
    Quote Originally Posted by plimnko View Post
    am I missing something? why are digital tickets deemed more safe? I show my ticket at the door, it's scanned...never touched, and I go to my seat.
    not sure they mean safe in terms of covid, but certainly safer in terms of ticket fraud prevention. I have seen my share of fake tickets at the carolina game. I usually have to tell them that I'm supposed to escort them back to the ticket office to be removed from the building, but I'm ALSO not supposed to leave my post....so if I tell them that if I don't see them again, I'll "assume" they went as they were supposed to and left the game...wink wink nudge nudge.
    basketball is back, baby!

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by plimnko View Post
    am I missing something? why are digital tickets deemed more safe? I show my ticket at the door, it's scanned...never touched, and I go to my seat.
    I believe the "safety" notion is mainly a pretext being used by athletic departments to justify a change in the form of ticketing that saves them the substantial cost and trouble of printing and distributing paper tickets.

  20. #20
    thanks....those two replies make as much sense as anything.

Similar Threads

  1. Season Tickets
    By hallcity in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 10-14-2021, 08:57 AM
  2. Season Tickets
    By DukeDevilDeb in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-29-2010, 11:08 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •