Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Come on now, it’s not that bad. We’re just biding our time until the next update on Kyrie Irving or Aaron Rodgers.

Our not-so-serious comments are probably marginally better than not commenting at all. This is entertainment (I use that term loosely) after all, not an organic chemistry class.

Speaking of OCHEM, I got a gentleman’s B when I probably should have gotten a C. Either way, it wasn’t good enough for med school. Got to get that “A”, kids.
    I’ll break my commitment to bow out of this thread one time: out of deference to Duke fans who would like to see this discussion slowly fade down the board, please take the discussion of Aaron Rodgers, a lying-liar who lied and broke league mandated protocols, to a thread that isn’t specifically about Kyrie.

I disagree with Kyrie’s decision not to get vaccinated, but it really isn’t a big issue to me. There are huge portions of our country where people are deciding not to get vaccinated. This is the way of things, for better and for worse (although this example tilts decidedly worse).

But Kyrie had the integrity to deal with the public honestly and to abide by the rules he is required to abide by. Aaron Rodgers told the weaseliest kind of lie — the almost truth intended to mislead people while retaining the ability to say “I didn’t lie” if you get caught.

Now I’ll bow out again.
    Carolina delenda est

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Why is this thread even open still?
    Because talking about pro football players lying about their vaccination status in a thread about a guy that used to play for Duke basketball is fun?
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    I’ll break my commitment to bow out of this thread one time: out of deference to Duke fans who would like to see this discussion slowly fade down the board, please take the discussion of Aaron Rodgers, a lying-liar who lied and broke league mandated protocols, to a thread that isn’t specifically about Kyrie.

I disagree with Kyrie’s decision not to get vaccinated, but it really isn’t a big issue to me. There are huge portions of our country where people are deciding not to get vaccinated. This is the way of things, for better and for worse (although this example tilts decidedly worse).

But Kyrie had the integrity to deal with the public honestly and to abide by the rules he is required to abide by. Aaron Rodgers told the weaseliest kind of lie — the almost truth intended to mislead people while retaining the ability to say “I didn’t lie” if you get caught.

Now I’ll bow out again.
    With all due respect, you could’ve just bowed out without announcing it. But I guess your way was a bit more entertaining. Props for that and for slamming Rodgers.

As far as Irving news goes, there is a lot of trade speculation starting to trickle out. I wouldn’t be surprised if it happens. It does not benefit the Brooklyn Nets to go on much longer in this state of uncertainty.

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    He's been a lot more mental and kooky since the Shailene Woodley "engagement"
    I see no evidence of that. And why is engagement in quotes? Rodgers has always come across as opinionated, stubborn and what I do is none of your damn business type. Hell the guy literally has gone years at a time without speaking to his family.

Plus I’ve seen so many women being blamed for their partner’s behaviors based on nothing, especially when they are involved with sports figures. Jimmy’s ERA isn’t as good this year - didn’t he just get involved with that Courtney girl?

With Rodgers first it was Olivia Munn getting blamed for his football miscues, then Danica Patrick. Now Shailene Woodley is making him lie about being vaccinated? I know you didn’t say that explicitly - but you pretty much did.

It just seems grossly unfair to these women. But that’s just me.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    One of the greatest in the game weighs in.
    Longtime NBA legend and outspoken Hall of Famer Kareem Abdul-Jabbar joined in on the chorus of sports figures slamming Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers on Monday morning.
    "Yet, every time a pro athlete like Kyrie Irving (anti-vax), Henry Ruggs (speeding at 156 mph, crashing, and killing someone), Evander Kane (forging vaccination card), or Aaron Rodgers does or says something stupid, the public trust in athletes lowers and sponsors might consider avoiding players in favor of actors, pop stars, or social media influencers. Steph Curry and LeBron James don’t have to worry, but some up-and-comers might not get the same opportunities.”
    “Rodgers complained that the ‘cancel culture’ was coming for him, but his own words cancel him as a liar and a bad thinker,” Abdul-Jabbar wrote. “If he had a principled objection to the vaccine, he could have chosen not to play, like [Nets star] Kyrie Irving, who at least is honest. What really sacked his whining stance was his refusal to wear a mask during interviews to protect others from sickness and death.

"That was merely his hubris and arrogance against what he called the ‘woke mob.’ In this case, woke means compassion and responsibility toward others. He might also remember that the only reason he is able to play in front of crowds again is because all those suckers got vaccinated.”
    https://www.yahoo.com/sports/kareem-...000008970.html
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post

Kareem has become one of my favorite voices - within or beyond sports.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Pretty steady in the cockpit too, as long as you don't trash talk the Lakers.

Me too. Smart and thoughtful and commands respect without yelling and screaming.

Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    Me too. Smart and thoughtful and commands respect without yelling and screaming.
    He has God given intelligence and the wisdom of age.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post

That is the verbal equivalent of a skyhook. Graceful, smart and filled with unstoppable logic.

Self inflicted

Well written synopsis of why Irving is high risk for a team.https://hoopshype.com/lists/kyrie-ir...a-trade-value/

Kyrie to play non-NY road games

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1...383083527?s=20

The Nets are getting desperate with all the Covid absences.

Quote Originally Posted by kAzE View Post
    https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1...383083527?s=20

The Nets are getting desperate with all the Covid absences.
    I really don’t like this idea at all. I’ll always root for Kyrie because he’s a Dukie, but I hate this road game only stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    I really don’t like this idea at all. I’ll always root for Kyrie because he’s a Dukie, but I hate this road game only stuff.
    Bringing in an unvaccinated player to help deal with Covid issues is just hilariously ironic.

Quote Originally Posted by kAzE View Post
    Bringing in an unvaccinated player to help deal with Covid issues is just hilariously ironic.
    Wow, I’m assuming he’ll have to go through all the protocols like every other player for each road game. But still, I agree it’s incredibly ironic.

Holy smokes. What a shhht show.

Addressing the problem of COVID absences by adding an unvaxxed player. What could go wrong?
    Demented and sad, but social, right?

What a shhht show.
    Ooh! A new way to avoid the wanker machine! Cool!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Ooh! A new way to avoid the wanker machine! Cool!
    Shhh...

t

Hey MD, keep it on the down low.

Shhh 🤫