Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920
    Quote Originally Posted by howardlander View Post
    Skydog sure called that one!
    As they say "Even a blind squirrel predicts what happens when a nut..."

Quote Originally Posted by Matches View Post
    The NBA does not have a vaccine requirement. Most of the players are vaccinated but not all. Kyrie won’t be the only unvaccinated player out there, and he will be subject to the same testing and protocols as everyone else.

The Nets’ decision not to play him before wasn’t a moral stand - they didn’t want a dude who could only play 40% of the games and with an attendant media circus disrupting the team. Now they are desperate for warm bodies, and presumably less willing to pay a guy millions to sit at home when they barely have enough people to field a team.
    Further than that, any of the players who have not had the three dose mRNA regimen are not fully vaccinated.

Quote Originally Posted by kAzE View Post
    Kevin Durant also entered protocols, and Nic Claxton is doubtful for tonight's game with a wrist injury. The Nets might be down to 7 players, only 2 of whom had seen any rotation minutes 2 weeks ago. What a disaster.
    Omnishambles

Back to the assertion in the thread title. I don't think Kyrie's behavior is any more associated with Duke. First of all, the consensus seems to be that Kyrie is from outer space. Second, the entire sports world, and particularly the NBA is suffering the onset of yet another COVID variant -- and any association with Duke is pretty insubstantial in these times.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Matches View Post
    The Nets’ decision not to play him before wasn’t a moral stand.
    While there may well be some moral aspects to being vaccinated I think the principal reasons the Nets desperately want Irving to be vaccinated are: a) to protect the health of an asset who they signed to a fully guaranteed contact worth nearly $137 million, b) to help protect his Nets teammates and all other Nets employees from an unvaccinated fool, c) to help the team win more games by having their best players healthy and on the court, and d) to make more money for the organization through increased ticket and merchandise sales.

There are probably many other reasons as well; these were just the first ones that came to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    While there may well be some moral aspects to being vaccinated I think the principal reasons the Nets desperately want Irving to be vaccinated are: a) to protect the health of an asset who they signed to a fully guaranteed contact worth nearly $137 million, b) to help protect his Nets teammates and all other Nets employees from an unvaccinated fool, c) to help the team win more games by having their best players healthy and on the court, and d) to make more money for the organization through increased ticket and merchandise sales.

There are probably many other reasons as well; these were just the first ones that came to mind.
    I'm sure that's all true. None of it has to do with the prior decision to play him or not, though. Kyrie would have been playing all year if he were legally allowed to play basketball games in Barclays Center and MSG.

Quote Originally Posted by JetpackJesus View Post
    I'm sure that's all true. None of it has to do with the prior decision to play him or not, though.
    Hey Jesus, don’t go getting all technical on me now, okay? Especially on a Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Back to the assertion in the thread title. I don't think Kyrie's behavior is any more associated with Duke. First of all, the consensus seems to be that Kyrie is from outer space. Second, the entire sports world, and particularly the NBA is suffering the onset of yet another COVID variant -- and any association with Duke is pretty insubstantial in these times.
    Yesterday someone asked me if Kyrie played for Duke and I just said, Yeah, but only for 11 games.

He’s definitely someone else’s problem at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Hey Jesus, don’t go getting all technical on me now, okay? Especially on a Sunday.
    It was still Saturday for me! Now we rest.

And watch football.