Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
Lost in the $1500 bounty tourney. I don't recall the details nearly as precisely.

I had about 35k with blinds at 400-800. Was dealt K-Q, I forget the suits. I was in the cutoff and one person had called the 800 blind ahead of me. I raised to 2500 and got called by the big blind. The other early caller folded.

Flop came Kd - Ks - 6s. I had flopped trips. Big Blind opened for 3k. I popped it to 7k and he came back all-in. I figured he was probably on the flush draw, which meant he had a 1/3 chance of hitting it. There was a chance he had pocket sixes and had flopped a boat, in which case I was close to dead. He could have been bluffing or had some nice pocket pair and did not suspect me of having a K, though my raise pretty much screams KING!

I thought for a little bit and decided to take my chances that the flush didn't hit so I called. If I was right, I would have a commanding chip stack at my table and might be able to hunt a bit for bounty chips (worth $500 each) as I knocked out lesser stacks. This was a turbo tournament, designed to be played in one day with 20 minute levels, so I knew that we were no more than an hour from a lot of folks starting to feel short-stacked.

I called and, of course, a spade came on the turn. I still had 10 outs for a full house or quads (the last K, or a 6, Q, or whatever the turn card had been) but no such luck. Adios. I played it right, I am convinced of that, but sometimes you get unlucky. I had about a 70% chance of getting to 70k in chips... I'll take that.

Ahh well... had a ton of fun and did really well at the blackjack tables Monday night so the few days weren't a total loss.
I randomly assigned villain JsTs as a possible hand:

4AC4D575-1337-470F-B6FE-D00AA6D81405.jpg

So you were 75%. I think you did exactly what you should do in a turbo. If you get it in with 75% equity you’ve found a great spot. And in a turbo you can’t wait for much better that you flopped.

(But again, I am not good so take my thoughts with a big grain of salt).

Note that if I give him an Ace of Spades it does not change the odds significantly.