Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    Can Duke football honestly go to a lesser conference? The “men” may get hurt out there soon. They’re getting man handled in the ACC. I don’t care if Duke will make less revenue in lesser conferences.

Duke essentially is getting paid to get their testicles shoved up their anuses weekly currently in the ACC. I mean this is a joke.

Recruiting point - you can make money on name image likeness here using bengay to heal your wounds weekly after getting pummeled by ACC teams. Come on play football for us at Duke! We’d love to have you!
    Well Duke could join the Big East and be done with football. They could reduce the total number of sports and save cash. It would be an interesting calculation to see if worth doing.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    Well Duke could join the Big East and be done with football. They could reduce the total number of sports and save cash. It would be an interesting calculation to see if worth doing.
    it's not.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa John View Post
    It sure didn't look like they were listening to him very much on the field today... Unless he coached them to make the plethora of ill-timed mistakes throughout the game, which I would tend to doubt...
    At what point do the players take the blame or the other team get the credit. I never played football but I suspect these players know not to make mistakes or drop balls or commit fumbles - yet they do.

Maybe worth noting that if we made the move now the interim would have two weeks to figure out what they're doing and prepare for the next game (with the bye next weekend).

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Maybe worth noting that if we made the move now the interim would have two weeks to figure out what they're doing and prepare for the next game (with the bye next weekend).
    Don't wait...say bye now!
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

At what point do the players take the blame or the other team get the credit. I never played football but I suspect these players know not to make mistakes or drop balls or commit fumbles - yet they do.
    We've been seeing the same problems since before most of these players arrived on campus...at what point do you start to think maybe the problem is coaching?

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Don't wait...say bye now!
    Must spread sporks, yada yada.

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    it's not.
    Why? What makes you think Duke has a sustainable future in football in the ACC? What are they 2-16 in their last 18? They just lost 48-0 to a mediocre league team…

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    it's not.
    I don’t think it would be done but I would be curious to know the financial answer. Right now the only way to improve football is to spend even more money. Maybe Duke will catch lighting in a bottle like they did with K. My gut says unlikely.

Internal? Who are you proposing?

Whatever assistant Nina deems best. It literally doesn't matter.

People have this conversation every time about Vanderbilt football, Kansas football, even UConn football. It's never the right financial decision to end an FBS football team
    Pratt '09, Grad '10

Quote Originally Posted by ecs15 View Post
    People have this conversation every time about Vanderbilt football, Kansas football, even UConn football. It's never the right financial decision to end an FBS football team
    Unless you cut other sports- which most programs are not willing to do.

Right. Every single school would rather trot out a bunch of young men to get bruised and battered on the football field every week than cut sports
    Pratt '09, Grad '10

Richmond and Villanova are private universities that have good D1 basketball programs and FBS football programs that are respectable. Why can’t Duke follow suit? Why does Duke have to keep getting their brains beaten in weekly and stay in the ACC? It’s a joke. Their kids are gonna get hurt soon. They don’t look like men vs other ACC teams. It’s not safe!

Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    Why? What makes you think Duke has a sustainable future in football in the ACC? What are they 2-16 in their last 18? They just lost 48-0 to a mediocre league team…
    In the words of Gordon Gekko to Bud Fox, “It’s all about bucks, kid. The rest is conversation.”

Ben Albert.
    Bob Green

Whatever assistant Nina deems best. It literally doesn't matter.
    I suspect she believes Cut is the best head football coach currently at Duke. So yes- lets see what she does

Right. Every single school would rather trot out a bunch of young men to get bruised and battered on the football field every week than cut sports
    They must really care about the kids …

Like the guy in Oh Brother Where Art Thou said …

It’s all about the money boys!

What a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by TKG View Post
    In the words of Gordon Gekko to Bud Fox, “It’s all about bucks, kid. The rest is conversation.”
    Welcome to life in America. Great country …

What a joke.