Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    For those of you who don't read the front page.

https://www.dukebasketballreport.com...avid-cutcliffe

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    For those of you who don't read the front page.

https://www.dukebasketballreport.com...avid-cutcliffe
    Thanks, Jim.

I am happy to read the players are hungry and working hard at practice and in the film room. Hopefully, the hard work will pay dividends starting Saturday afternoon in Scott Stadium.
    Bob Green

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Thanks, Jim.

I am happy to read the players are hungry and working hard at practice and in the film room. Hopefully, the hard work will pay dividends starting Saturday afternoon in Scott Stadium.
    I hope so too, Bob. Right now, at least Duke can still have a positive record after Saturday, and that's something to fight for, and makes still fighting for a bowl not as huge of an uphill climb. I'm 100% positive that the players are more optimistic than I am, and that's what counts. They are the ones with the ability to make it happen.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Article on the Virginia receiving corps:

https://www.streakingthelawn.com/202...receiving-core

Virginia is the only team in the country with four receivers who each have over 400 yards receiving this season.
    Bob Green

Article on the Virginia receiving corps:

https://www.streakingthelawn.com/202...receiving-core
    Well at least we don't have to worry about keying in on one guy?

Thanks, Jim.

I want to be clear that I am not saying the Cut is lying or anything like that... but what do we expect to hear from him? Can you imagine if he came out and said the players seemed to really lack focus and were slacking off? Have you ever heard of a coach telling the media that his team wasn't working hard in practice? For a coach like Cut, who is somewhat on the hot seat, admitting that he has lost the team would be a death blow to his career.

Again, I am not saying Cut's statement to the media is fake or that he is hiding anything, but (for obvious reasons) I take anything a coach says as at least partly agenda-driven and biased.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I want to be clear that I am not saying the Cut is lying or anything like that... but what do we expect to hear from him? Can you imagine if he came out and said the players seemed to really lack focus and were slacking off? Have you ever heard of a coach telling the media that his team wasn't working hard in practice? For a coach like Cut, who is somewhat on the hot seat, admitting that he has lost the team would be a death blow to his career.

Again, I am not saying Cut's statement to the media is fake or that he is hiding anything, but (for obvious reasons) I take anything a coach says as at least partly agenda-driven and biased.
    Jason, Jim’s article I commented on was covering two players meeting with the media on Tuesday. Lummie Young and Jack Wohlabaugh confirmed the players were hungry and working hard in practice. My post was not about a statement from Coach Cutcliffe.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Duke hasn't put up more than 21 points against UVA since 2015. One might note that Bronco took over UVA in 2016. It is not a coincidence, he has had our offense's number for his entire tenure, and while they gave up some explosives to Louisville it doesn't appear to me that they are that bad on D overall.
    Their defense is awful... They are, indeed, that bad on D overall... We'll need to put points on the board against them, because they're going to score, with a mobile QB and a solid receiving corps. Of course, if we can contain and pressure Armstrong (a big if, given that our D is similarly unimpressive as a whole, though our Dline has improved quite a bit so perhaps we can dream?), he tends to make some really, really bad decisions with the ball. He's kinda a boom or bust QB, nothing in-between...

Quote Originally Posted by Papa John View Post
    Their defense is awful... They are, indeed, that bad on D overall... We'll need to put points on the board against them, because they're going to score, with a mobile QB and a solid receiving corps. Of course, if we can contain and pressure Armstrong (a big if, given that our D is similarly unimpressive as a whole, though our Dline has improved quite a bit so perhaps we can dream?), he tends to make some really, really bad decisions with the ball. He's kinda a boom or bust QB, nothing in-between...
    the same thing was said last week, and the game didn't play out exactly how it was expected to...the first 2 drives aside.
    1200. DDMF.

Yes, Mendenhall understands Cuts offense really well. I still have memories of the five interception game when Daniel Jones was our QB.

Cross-posting this here for anyone who has abandoned the GT thread where I originally posted it.. Just to give a sense of what we're up against.

Here are the rankings from Football Outsiders, (https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ncaa/fplus/2021) for our opponents this season, and Western Michigan.

Team Defense Offense Overall
    Pittsburgh 27 22 19
    North Carolina 67 10 31
    Wake Forest 61 24 36
    Miami 34 46 42
    Virginia Tech 36 55 43
    Virginia 92 18 54
    Louisville 86 27 57
    Georgia Tech 59 64 66
    Western Michigan 90 51 79
    Northwestern 46 102 85
    Duke 80 85 86
    Charlotte 126 67 108
    Kansas 123 105 124

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Yes, Mendenhall understands Cuts offense really well. I still have memories of the five interception game when Daniel Jones was our QB.
    Cut has never beaten Mendenhall or Narduzzi, right? Are there any other (active) ACC coaches with undefeated records against Coach?

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Cut has never beaten Mendenhall or Narduzzi, right? Are there any other (active) ACC coaches with undefeated records against Coach?
    Mack Brown

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    the same thing was said last week, and the game didn't play out exactly how it was expected to...the first 2 drives aside.
    Not sure how to take this statement. But the optimist would say even though we were coming off our worst loss we played with a lot of effort. No signs that the players have given up on the season. But they need a victory to encourage them to keep up the effort. Still believe this team is improving each game. As far as the UNCch game, we simply played them on the wrong weekend. The cheats only show up half the time. At least our players give effort every week. And if you don’t enjoy watching Mateo, hey you ain’t right!

dabo swinney
    1200. DDMF.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Mack Brown
    Oops, I missed that because the first thing I saw just listed Mack as 2018-present (the last time we beat UNC was 2018), but he was hired after the 2018 season (he was one of the ones I thought of).

White, white, blue uniform for Saturday with an iron D on the helmet.

https://twitter.com/DukeFOOTBALL/sta...73859084103681
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Duke +10.5 is really tempting to throw some money at. Vegas is really disrespecting Duke with that line in my opinion.

Or Duke truly does stink this season …

I respect UVa and their offense but if they beat Duke by 10+ tomorrow I’ll be really surprised. I’m not saying Duke will win, however.

^ I see it going the other way, sure hope you're right. I think VA's defense will be good enough to slow down our predictable offense more than we slow them down.

I got 1,000x1 odds on Duke for NCAA Champ. in Reno.