Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 443
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Norfolk, VA

    FB: Virginia 48, Duke 0

    Discuss the game here. Duke opens as an 11 points underdog to Virginia with the over/under at 69. Will our Blue Devils pull off an upset?
    Last edited by Bob Green; 10-16-2021 at 04:54 PM.
    Bob Green

  2. #2
    In the DCMetro region the game is again on MASN.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    RSN can go to a Hell

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    RSN can go to a Hell
    On one of my FB posts from Saturday, someone asked what channel had the game. My reply was "Obscurity Sports Network".
    Even the tv next to ours at tailgate which had DirecTV had the game listed in it's lineup, but none of the channels would play it. We wound up streaming it on ours through a VPN on our neighbors' phone and cast it to the TV. (It only worked for a quarter of the game.)
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    On one of my FB posts from Saturday, someone asked what channel had the game. My reply was "Obscurity Sports Network".
    Even the tv next to ours at tailgate which had DirecTV had the game listed in it's lineup, but none of the channels would play it. We wound up streaming it on ours through a VPN on our neighbors' phone and cast it to the TV. (It only worked for a quarter of the game.)
    Direct TV sometimes streams ESPN3 content on some of it's aux channels, but it would be blacked out in this area just like the online stream. I don't think Direct TV has Bally Sports.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Direct TV sometimes streams ESPN3 content on some of it's aux channels, but it would be blacked out in this area just like the online stream. I don't think Direct TV has Bally Sports.
    Channel 646. (Which as stated, was useless on gameday.)
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Channel 646.
    Aha. Maybe they were having the same issue I was having with the stream (feed didn't work until near the end of the first half, just static).

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Direct TV sometimes streams ESPN3 content on some of it's aux channels, but it would be blacked out in this area just like the online stream. I don't think Direct TV has Bally Sports.
    DirecTV does in fact have multiple Bally Sports channels. I watched the last game on 646, Sports South. But don't expect me to explain the various blackout rules which may apply to your domicile.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    For those of you who don't read the front page.

    https://www.dukebasketballreport.com...unnar-holmberg

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    For those of you who don't read the front page.

    https://www.dukebasketballreport.com...unnar-holmberg
    Jim can you expound on the following statement:

    ...a secondary that is banged up.
    Is there any updated status on Leonard Johnson and Josh Blackwell? Leonard didnít return to the game after hurting his leg and when Blackwell played in the 2nd half he looked gimpy from my vantage point in Section 19.
    Bob Green

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Van Nuys, CA
    Cutcliffe sounds like a broken record. The coaches need to step up their coaching by running better plays and better defensive schemes.The way the secondary finished against Georgia Tech and UNC Charlotte was how Duke lost . UVA sounds like their QB is the best they have faced this season.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by heyman25 View Post
    Cutcliffe sounds like a broken record. The coaches need to step up their coaching by running better plays and better defensive schemes.The way the secondary finished against Georgia Tech and UNC Charlotte was how Duke lost . UVA sounds like their QB is the best they have faced this season.
    Dittos on Cut. And the dude from UVa has a CANNON
    GREATEST SERIES END EPISODES EVER? !
    NOT MASH: either Burn Notice or The Americans.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Jim can you expound on the following statement:



    Is there any updated status on Leonard Johnson and Josh Blackwell? Leonard didnít return to the game after hurting his leg and when Blackwell played in the 2nd half he looked gimpy from my vantage point in Section 19.
    Duke doesn't do injury updates. Loose lips sink ships and all that.

    But we were told that Leonard Johnson has a lower-body injury.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Duke doesn't do injury updates. Loose lips sink ships and all that.

    But we were told that Leonard Johnson has a lower-body injury.
    All 5,000 of us in the stadium saw that he suffered a leg injury. I was hoping you had some scuttlebutt to share.
    Bob Green

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    N. Charleston, SC
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    All 5,000 of us in the stadium saw that he suffered a leg injury. I was hoping you had some scuttlebutt to share.
    Had all the appearance of a Hammy

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    Quote Originally Posted by PDDuke85 View Post
    Had all the appearance of a Hammy
    we can only disclose that it is a lower body injury, and we can't even disclose which body it's on.

  17. #17
    Duke will be able to score in this one. UVAís defense is horrendous. The question is, can Duke stop UVaís offensive attack. Their QB Brennan Armstrong really likes to sling it and is pretty mobile, too. I expect a high scoring game and think Duke could cover the spread since UVa has won their last two road ACC games on missed FGs at the buzzer by the opposition but Iím not sure if Duke can win on the road against a great offense.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Winston Salem, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    Duke will be able to score in this one. UVAís defense is horrendous. The question is, can Duke stop UVaís offensive attack. Their QB Brennan Armstrong really likes to sling it and is pretty mobile, too. I expect a high scoring game and think Duke could cover the spread since UVa has won their last two road ACC games on missed FGs at the buzzer by the opposition but Iím not sure if Duke can win on the road against a great offense.
    I would say that the Duke defense couldn't stop a turtle(not the Twerps). But I will say that it's not all on the players. Continued missed assignments in the secondary tell me the coaches are not getting through to the players. Or, the players are not smart enough to get it and I don't think that's the case. If the player is smart enough to attend Duke University, then they're smart enough to understand what they are supposed to do. I agree Duke should be able to score enough points to win. Well, if they don't use the bubble screen and the backup QB isn't called on to pile drive up the middle too many times.

    GoDuke!

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    Duke will be able to score in this one. UVAís defense is horrendous. The question is, can Duke stop UVaís offensive attack. Their QB Brennan Armstrong really likes to sling it and is pretty mobile, too. I expect a high scoring game and think Duke could cover the spread since UVa has won their last two road ACC games on missed FGs at the buzzer by the opposition but Iím not sure if Duke can win on the road against a great offense.
    This captures my thoughts exactly. It sounds like Duke's secondary is banged up, which you'd think might mean a tough day since UVA has a good passing attack. But Duke is going to be able to score here. Louisville's RB had never had a 100 yard game in his career but managed to post not one but two 50+ yard runs against UVA last week. And UVA's offense is actually a little inefficient. Last week the Cavaliers had 280 yards of offense in the first half against Louisville and zero TOs, yet only got 13 points out of it.

    The point being, I don't know who's going to win (though I'm obviously rooting for UVA), but it should be an entertaining game with lots of scoring. If I were a betting man (and I'm not when it comes to college sports), I'd be sorely tempted by that Over.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Duke hasn't put up more than 21 points against UVA since 2015. One might note that Bronco took over UVA in 2016. It is not a coincidence, he has had our offense's number for his entire tenure, and while they gave up some explosives to Louisville it doesn't appear to me that they are that bad on D overall.

Similar Threads

  1. Duke Football 2021
    By chrishoke in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 1063
    Last Post: 11-18-2021, 03:45 PM
  2. Duke Softball 2021
    By BlueDevil16 in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 419
    Last Post: 11-11-2021, 02:35 PM
  3. Duke Softball 2021-2022
    By BlueDevil16 in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-30-2021, 06:40 PM
  4. 2021 NCAA West Regional Thread (Gonzaga, Iowa, Kansas, Virginia)
    By pfrduke in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 197
    Last Post: 03-30-2021, 10:47 PM
  5. Replies: 117
    Last Post: 01-31-2015, 09:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •