Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Countdown to Craziness 2021

So after a longer than usual stretch without Duke bball, the wait is almost over! Countdown to Craziness kicks off the 2021-22 season this Friday night. I am so ready for it.

Now, obviously most of C2C is fluff, but there is at least a bit of a scrimmage at the end of the event. Here's what I'm most looking forward to seeing:
    1. Paolo Banchero. He's the headline recruit from a solid class that includes three 5-star recruits. I'm anxious to see him in action in a Duke uniform.
    2. Mark Williams. We all remember how well he finished the season last year. Big men typically take time to find their form in college; does he show even more this year? Ready to see what a real offseason at Duke has done for him.
    3. The two returning guards. Much has been made of our guard struggles last year, and rightly so. We simply didn't have the guard play we'd hoped for. I think a lot of that was due to the pandemic, which robbed us of a few months of prep time in the summer and early fall. But Moore and Roach returned, and reports are that Moore has been a revelation this year. I'm anxious to see what Moore's game looks like as he will be asked to take on a leadership role as well as a more prominent role in the offense. Similarly, I'm looking forward to seeing what a real offseason program will have done for Roach.
    4. Trevor Keels. Reports have been that Keels has looked terrific in practice, and had already taken over with the first team even before Griffin's knee injury. I'm excited to see the hype in action with with Keels.

Beyond that, I'll be happy to see the team in action. Senior year Joey Baker and the additions of John, Blakes, and Jones. Come on Duke basketball!

I'm happy the team is getting started, and hope the team and people in attendance have a good time, but it's not an event for me anymore. I think my interest has waned with the number of minutes of scrimmage they play.

Have a good time all who go! and enjoy those sweet sweet imbibements now coming to an indoor stadium near you!
    April 1

I have a ton of interest in seeing Paolo and Keels in action, but I am weirdly excited to see the returning rotation players, including Joey, Wendell, Mark, and Jeremy. With AJ's injury, getting good minutes out of Joey Baker (I know, I know, that's like hoping for a miracle) would go a long way towards quelling some of the concerns this team has going into the season. Shooting is a big one, as is depth. Joey can answer both of those concerns. Or not.

Also, did Mark and Jeremy reach a new level over the summer? And has Wendell put it together?

I'm getting pumped for C2C. The event itself is kind of cheesy - sitting through the two hours of potato chip sorting for those fortunate enough to be in attendance is kind of dull, and the player intros have gotten routine. But the excitement for the season to be starting is there. Last season they did they best that they could with the video short and the animated characters, but with covid looming and empty stadiums ahead it was hard to get as excited about basketball. A lot of less-dedicated fans probably checked out as the season progressed (not me, I continued to watch every game!). But now we've got a great team and the fans should be back and it's K's last year so it's time to go "all in" as a fan.

Are they doing a dunk contest this year? With AJ out I'd say the field is wide open.

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    I'm happy the team is getting started, and hope the team and people in attendance have a good time, but it's not an event for me anymore. I think my interest has waned with the number of minutes of scrimmage they play.

Have a good time all who go! and enjoy those sweet sweet imbibements now coming to an indoor stadium near you!
    Are they selling beer in Cameron? This could make bathroom breaks much more strategic in nature.

Not sure if this is the right thread, but Moore and Baker were named captains.

https://www.newsobserver.com/sports/...254931842.html

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Are they selling beer in Cameron? This could make bathroom breaks much more strategic in nature.
    yes.
    April 1

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post

I've only been to one CTC in the past 10 years. It was fun, but I miss seeing a scrimmage. I remember with great fondness of going as a kid to Cameron after a football game, and watching the team's Blue-White scrimmage after an "old timers" game, which was a hoot. It lacked all the fan-fare and spotlights and loud music, but it was a great way to kick off the year. The fans got a much better look at who the team was going to be since they played a full scrimmage.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    ... we've got a great team and the fans should be back and it's K's last year so it's time to go "all in" as a fan...
    I concur UCake. When K walks on his court Friday night, he's going to hear from me.
    Let's Go Duke!

Will C2C be televised this year?

looks like ACC NX

How can we sign up for this ??

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Quote Originally Posted by du_bb1 View Post
    looks like ACC NX

How can we sign up for this ??
    I believe you must have access to the ACC Network via a TV provider.

Has anyone, who selected paper tickets, received theirs?

I have tickets to Friday Night's festivities (waiting list). When they sent me the email about having tix they also sent me a link to purchase a parking pass. Is that even necessary? I don't mind walking a few blocks, BTW.

Quote Originally Posted by DU82 View Post
    I believe you must have access to the ACC Network via a TV provider.
    Yes, but ACC Network Extra is a separate channel from the standard ACC Network. Some providers only carry the latter.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Yes, but ACC Network Extra is a separate channel from the standard ACC Network. Some providers only carry the latter.
    ACCNX is available on ESPN. (Through the website, anyway.) Don't know what the restrictions are aside from having a provider.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    ACCNX is available on ESPN. (Through the website, anyway.) Don't know what the restrictions are aside from having a provider.
    Again, not all providers carry ACCNX. If you use the ESPN app or access WatchESPN through a browser and login with your TV provider credentials, then those credentials have to match an account that has access to ACCNX. ESPN is just the interface to the content, you still need to be authorized to view that content.

Again, not all providers carry ACCNX. If you use the ESPN app or access WatchESPN through a browser and login with your TV provider credentials, then those credentials have to match an account that has access to ACCNX. ESPN is just the interface to the content, you still need to be authorized to view that content.
    To (hopefully) simplify this confusion: If you have the ACC Network through your TV provider then you have ACC Network Extra. If you do not have the ACC Network through your TV provider, then you do not have the ACC Network Extra.

ACCNX is to the ACCN what ESPN3 is to ESPN.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    To (hopefully) simplify this confusion: If you have the ACC Network through your TV provider then you have ACC Network Extra. If you do not have the ACC Network through your TV provider, then you do not have the ACC Network Extra.

ACCNX is to the ACCN what ESPN3 is to ESPN.
    I'm a little concerned, not worried yet, just concerned that it's not showing up on the ESPN+ site under Friday's Basketball for ACCNX. The Cheats version is there, but not C2C. I'll start to get nervous if it's not up by Friday.
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

Quote Originally Posted by Nrrrrvous View Post
    I'm a little concerned, not worried yet, just concerned that it's not showing up on the ESPN+ site under Friday's Basketball for ACCNX. The Cheats version is there, but not C2C. I'll start to get nervous if it's not up by Friday.
    Noticed that too. I'll happily stare at my ceiling instead, pondering it's roofiness.