Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nrrrrvous View Post
    I'm a little concerned, not worried yet, just concerned that it's not showing up on the ESPN+ site under Friday's Basketball for ACCNX. The Cheats version is there, but not C2C. I'll start to get nervous if it's not up by Friday.
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Noticed that too. I'll happily stare at my ceiling instead, pondering it's roofiness.
    Sign me up for the concern. Will not watch the unc version.

There is always Friday night college football. Go, Tigers! They'll even be playing under a dome.

A full stream of C2C usually ends up on YouTube within an hour

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    A full stream of C2C usually ends up on YouTube within an hour
    While the full steam pile from Chapel Hill wafts live.
    Last edited by CameronBornAndBred; 10-12-2021 at 09:01 PM.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    I'm happy the team is getting started, and hope the team and people in attendance have a good time, but it's not an event for me anymore. I think my interest has waned with the number of minutes of scrimmage they play.

Have a good time all who go! and enjoy those sweet sweet imbibements now coming to an indoor stadium near you!
    I'm on the opposite end, this being the first year I will have ever gone to CTC, and likely my only time at the event. For the noob, when do various things happen? I want to "meet" the women's team, and I'm interested in the scrimmage. The rest is of minimal significance to me.

Since most of the folks here have been to CTC, a PM reply would be just fine. (I quoted uh-no, but I wasn't putting a spotlight there. I welcome a PM from anyone.)

I just received notice that my CTC ticket and parking pass delivery has been delayed from Wednesday, and is now scheduled for Thursday. I hope it makes it before I have to depart Georgia early Friday morning. It wouldn’t be the first time if they don’t get here on time.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    I just received notice that my CTC ticket and parking pass delivery has been delayed from Wednesday, and is now scheduled for Thursday. I hope it makes it before I have to depart Georgia early Friday morning. It wouldn’t be the first time if they don’t get here on time.
    The ticket office is pretty good about handling issues with tickets. (With practice comes perfection...they've had lots of practice but are still working on the perfection.)
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    I'm on the opposite end, this being the first year I will have ever gone to CTC, and likely my only time at the event. For the noob, when do various things happen? I want to "meet" the women's team, and I'm interested in the scrimmage. The rest is of minimal significance to me.

Since most of the folks here have been to CTC, a PM reply would be just fine. (I quoted uh-no, but I wasn't putting a spotlight there. I welcome a PM from anyone.)
    you sit around, they show a bunch of pump up videos, each player comes out to some song and dance, they play for a few minutes, maybe coach or one of the players says a few words and that's it. All intermixed with a bunch of wise chips sorting challenges or whatever. Sometimes the women's team pleads for you to go to their games.

Sorry, that's the cynics view of the event I know others enjoy it more and I hope you do. Definitely something to go to...at least once...
    April 1

The ticket office is pretty good about handling issues with tickets. (With practice comes perfection...they've had lots of practice but are still working on the perfection.)
    My experience has been that they will handle the actual ticket, but as to the parking pass, a person is SOL, unless you can get there in time to pick up a parking pass at the ticket office. Unfortunately, you can't drive to Cameron on game day to get the parking pass. So you have to park somewhere remotely, walk to Cameron, walk back to your car to drive to your parking spot. Catch 22.

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    you sit around, they show a bunch of pump up videos, each player comes out to some song and dance, they play for a few minutes, maybe coach or one of the players says a few words and that's it. All intermixed with a bunch of wise chips sorting challenges or whatever. Sometimes the women's team pleads for you to go to their games.

Sorry, that's the cynics view of the event I know others enjoy it more and I hope you do. Definitely something to go to...at least once...
    For those that don't often or never go to games in Cameron, it's a fun way to experience the flavor of the atmosphere. Think of it as a pep rally with all the bells and whistles.

For those that don't often or never go to games in Cameron, it's a fun way to experience the flavor of the atmosphere. Think of it as a pep rally with all the bells and whistles.
    There were years where it has been awesome, and years where it was kind of meh. I'm expecting them to pull out all the stops for this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    There were years where it has been awesome, and years where it was kind of meh. I'm expecting them to pull out all the stops for this one.
    Yeah, between not having one last year and this being both the first time in front of fans again AND Coach K's last year, there is a real chance of it being exciting.

Of course, the injury to Griffin and... well... it being Coach K's last year could make them tone down what they show.

I will probably watch the replay and not live (so I can skip the stuff I don't care about ), but I am pretty excited to see them on the court.

I very rarely get to see men's games (maybe once a year, or less), and have kind of written off any prayer of getting in this year since our usual sources for the "off-peak" games seem to have dried up this season (go figure). I thought this was the closest I could get. Also, it's my daughter's freshman year and, although she is not so interested in men's sports, I wanted her to try Cameron at least once and we could guilt her into getting tickets for this. Sadly, although she was in line the night before tickets were released, she wasn't early enough to get a free spot in the student section and had to pay to sit above the rail. But at least we are in the door.

does anyone know if wheelchair section fans have to have a regular ticket? or are those "extra seats" ?
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    does anyone know if wheelchair section fans have to have a regular ticket? or are those "extra seats" ?
    those are ticketed seats.
    April 1

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post

This will be the first year I’ve missed since 2009. I’d agree that they’ve gotten progressively less exciting, but at the same time it’ll always be about the tradition to me.

In years past, various student orgs have involved the team in different (video) skits, and those typically play before the official “start time”. I used to find it interesting to see the players’ personalities. I feel like the insight I used to get has lessened over the years due to the ever growing platform of Duke MBB social media.

I can’t remember when the women’s team gets introduced but I feel like it’s before the men’s team. It is usually super short.

I’d guess K will make some remarks at the end of the scrimmage - at least he has in years past. I always enjoyed that aspect - hearing him address the fans for the first time each year.

The scrimmage is obviously the most exciting part but they definitely have shortened it - used to do 2, 20-minute games with separate team matchups.

The main thing that has been missing for quite some time is the intrigue of a dunk contest. Not sure why they stopped doing that- maybe got sick of Plumlees winning it.

The only other thing I will highlight is that there is usually a countdown leading up to the team’s introduction, and then there’s a big unveiling of the team. Then the individual player intros. C2C is worth it to me just to share in the excitement of seeing the team get introduced and feeling the energy in the arena. The loudest cheers I ever heard were when guys like Kyrie, Zion, senior Quinn, senior Nolan, etc get introduced. It’s really special. This year, it’d be worth it to be there just to hear the applause K will get when he gets intro’d.

So yeah, not that much to it but there are plenty of small things to enjoy - and I mean, it’s Duke basketball in mid-October so, I’ll usually take it in any form.

CTC tickets and parking pass arrived today at 5:00 PM. Kyrie had nothing to do with it.

CTC tickets and parking pass arrived today at 5:00 PM. Kyrie had nothing to do with it.
    Yeah, but in the Countdown to "Craziness" Kyrie's watch is running a tad fast.

Lo and behold the vax card upload site worked like a charm, too!

Well done ticket office warriors!
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Sign me up for the concern. Will not watch the unc version.

There is always Friday night college football. Go, Tigers! They'll even be playing under a dome.
    Yay, it showed up on ESPN+ for Friday night at 7:55PM!
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

In Cameron, it seems like there’s a lot more people eating and drinking stuff than normal. And a few folks have imaginary concessions.