Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    Good field goal defense. Like some teams have good free throw defenses in basketball.

In seriousness, their defense is bad. But their QB Brennan Armstrong has a cannon and can keep them in games. He’s a stud.
    Yeah, UVA is kind of a weird team this year. The team has an excellent passing offense (probably not genuinely “elite” but close), pretty decent special teams and absolutely nothing else. I think the D went 6 straight quarters without forcing a punt (and even then, it was only because Wake was up 20 and started running the ball every play to eat clock) and the running game is somewhere between ineffectual and bad.

But the passing offense is stupidly good, so it’s sort of working out. Fun fact: Armstrong (UVA’s QB) is currently 12th on UVAs all time single season passing yardage list this season. After 6 games.

Worth noting, the Miami FG was wildly lucky, but tonight’s was a 49-yd kick. I know nothing about Lousiville’s kicking but that’s probably under 50/50.

Final observation: Louisville got the ball back after a touchback with :22 on the clock. UVA allowing Louisville to drive 50 yards in 19 seconds only for Louisville to miss the long FG to win it was really on brand for both teams this year.

Quote Originally Posted by TKG View Post
    And we still managed to lose to them by 4 touchdowns…
    It's hard to figure. With one exception, the Holes cannot stop anybody this year, their defense is truly awful (takes one to know one). With one exception, the Duke offense has moved the ball against everybody this year. The one exception in each case is the same game. How could the Duke O have laid such a putrid egg against that D?

Quote Originally Posted by 75Crazie View Post
    It's hard to figure. With one exception, the Holes cannot stop anybody this year, their defense is truly awful (takes one to know one). With one exception, the Duke offense has moved the ball against everybody this year. The one exception in each case is the same game. How could the Duke O have laid such a putrid egg against that D?
    I've thought for years that Cut always coaches scared against UNC...always...even in 2013, when we were much better, we played not to lose against them. The one exception is the year Daniel Jones erupted and outplayed whatever the cheater's QB was that ended up going to the Bears in the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by ElliottHoo View Post
    Yeah, UVA is kind of a weird team this year. The team has an excellent passing offense (probably not genuinely “elite” but close), pretty decent special teams and absolutely nothing else. I think the D went 6 straight quarters without forcing a punt (and even then, it was only because Wake was up 20 and started running the ball every play to eat clock) and the running game is somewhere between ineffectual and bad.

But the passing offense is stupidly good, so it’s sort of working out. Fun fact: Armstrong (UVA’s QB) is currently 12th on UVAs all time single season passing yardage list this season. After 6 games.

Worth noting, the Miami FG was wildly lucky, but tonight’s was a 49-yd kick. I know nothing about Lousiville’s kicking but that’s probably under 50/50.

Final observation: Louisville got the ball back after a touchback with :22 on the clock. UVA allowing Louisville to drive 50 yards in 19 seconds only for Louisville to miss the long FG to win it was really on brand for both teams this year.
    Yeah, their offense is fun to watch. Kemp, Jr. (#4) is a great slot receiver. Then the tight end they have #0 is 6-7, 270. He caught a TD today I believe. He could be a weapon for them.

I did not realize the potential game winning FG was that long. At the college level, like you said, that’s not probably a kick for the majority of kickers to make. I think it actually had the distance but the kicker hooked it badly left.

heels looked good
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

This is a quote for the ages:

"My expectation is to win every game,” Tar Heels coach Mack Brown said. “So three times we've met it and three times we haven't.”
    That's some deep s#!t right there.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nca...n7h?li=BBnb7Kz

What Do You Want on Your Tombstone? (Chapel Hill edition)

Mack Brown: WON SOME, LOST SOME
    Roy Williams: I ALSO KNEW
    Bubba Cunningham: TRANSCRIPTS BURIED HERE
    Sean May: “Sausage and… we are talking about frozen pizza, right?”

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    heels looked good
    Indeed they did. UNC football is always this way. They have no heart. Punch then in the face and they quit. I wouldn't be surprised if they beat State, but expect them to continue to drop some turds.

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    Indeed they did. UNC football is always this way. They have no heart. Punch then in the face and they quit. I wouldn't be surprised if they beat State, but expect them to continue to drop some turds.
    Will never forget stopping at the Bojangles on 15-501 with my dad after a night game and some UNC linemen happened to be eating there. They were complaining about having won a 6th game because it meant another month or whatever of practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Will never forget stopping at the Bojangles on 15-501 with my dad after a night game and some UNC linemen happened to be eating there. They were complaining about having won a 6th game because it meant another month or whatever of practice.
    I'm sure they were concerned with that extra practice interfering with their important classwork.

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    I'm sure they were concerned with that extra practice interfering with their important classwork.
    LOL!

You guys are really funny sometimes.

Just in case anyone missed the Tarheels letting down Mack Brown. Don't get too upset when the Heels go up 10-0, this story has a happy ending.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89mc_Dm7aQI