Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by roge054 View Post
    Is this in compliance with HIPPA?
    Haven't we covered this for, you know, the last two years? This has jack squat to do with HIPAA*.

*Correct spelling, BTW.

Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    The short answer is that it doesn't violate HIPAA
    The longer answer is "noooooooooooooo."

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    The short answer is that it doesn't violate HIPAA
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    The longer answer is "noooooooooooooo."
    The middle answer is if you are that concerned with HIPAA, and haven't been vaccinated, then stay home.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    Over/under as to when the Dukecheckin.com for uploading your card really gets up and running? They say Oct 12. I’m guessing somewhere around Oct 19, after CTC.
    This. Had the exact same thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    Seems like Duke accepts rapid antigen tests. Those take minutes...72 hours is PLENTY of time. Your requirement was probably PCR.
    good point.
    1200. DDMF.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    The middle answer is if you are that concerned with HIPAA, and haven't been vaccinated, then stay home.
    This. Stay home.

I have asked Duke the question I asked earlier on this board about season ticket holders and received this answer:
    You will upload it once, but you will need to check in for each event you attend prior to arrival. The system saves your vaccination status and once you enter your phone number for that event will text or email your clearance pass.

Quote Originally Posted by hallcity View Post
    I have asked Duke the question I asked earlier on this board about season ticket holders and received this answer:
    Excellent. Thanks Hall.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    "...required to wear a mask upon entry and at all times while inside Cameron Indoor Stadium, except when actively eating or drinking"

This is a pretty common exception, and feels to me like it completely negates the mask requirement. Just hold a coke in your hand the whole game and then go mask-free. Why do people think that covid can't be transmitted when you're holding a drink or sitting at a restaurant table?

Still, I'm glad to see that Cameron will be at the forefront of game day restrictions. These are among the most stringent I've seen for sporting events.
    I, for one, do not plan on buying anything from the concession stands, specifically because I do NOT want to take may mask off, from the time I get in the entrance lines outside until I get free of the crowds exiting Cameron.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    "...required to wear a mask upon entry and at all times while inside Cameron Indoor Stadium, except when actively eating or drinking"

This is a pretty common exception, and feels to me like it completely negates the mask requirement. Just hold a coke in your hand the whole game and then go mask-free. Why do people think that covid can't be transmitted when you're holding a drink or sitting at a restaurant table?

Still, I'm glad to see that Cameron will be at the forefront of game day restrictions. These are among the most stringent I've seen for sporting events.
    The hospital where I work - I believe all of the employee-related outbreaks occurred in breakrooms where people were eating around each other. They closed the breakrooms, sectioned off the cafeteria with plexiglass, and the outbreaks went away.

A dummied-down explanation of HIPAA:

If someone asks you your vaccination status - not a HIPAA violation.

If you go to Walgreens and get your booster shot, your neighbor works in said pharmacy and sees you getting your booster, and he tells another neighbor he saw you there getting your booster - THAT is a HIPAA violation.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post

If you go to Walgreens and get your booster shot, your neighbor works in said pharmacy and sees you getting your booster, and he tells another neighbor he saw you there getting your booster - THAT is a HIPAA violation.
    How do people not understand this by now?

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post

AFAIK, it's important that the person who saw you is actually an employee of the HCP. If a random person is shopping at walgreens and sees you, the best you could likely do is go after walgreens for not taking measures to ensure your confidentiality. Generally, there is no expectation of privacy in public places, which is (one reason) why they take you to a back room instead of just giving the shot in the middle of the store.

Or that's my understanding. https://www.cms.gov/Regulations-and-...Health%20Plans
    1200. DDMF.