Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

FB: Carolina 38, Duke 7

Duke travels to Chapel Hill to open ACC play. Discuss the game here. Our Blue Devils look to win their fourth straight game.
    Last edited by Bob Green; 10-02-2021 at 03:17 PM.
    Bob Green

Holes currently at -18. Not sure how I feel about that. On the one hand we're hot and they're not, on the other hand we lost to Charlotte.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Terrible timing on having to go to Chapel Hill for our first ACC game. They just got booted out of the top 25 and got beaten pretty badly doing so. I hate facing teams that are coming off a loss, and even more so as an away game.

I don't expect to be feeling very good around 4PM on Saturday.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Terrible timing on having to go to Chapel Hill for our first ACC game. They just got booted out of the top 25 and got beaten pretty badly doing so. I hate facing teams that are coming off a loss, and even more so as an away game.

Yea, it would be a HUGE upset if Duke were to win in CH. I just hope it is not a total blow-out.

Quote Originally Posted by brlftz View Post
    Holes currently at -18. Not sure how I feel about that. On the one hand we're hot and they're not, on the other hand we lost to Charlotte.
    Can we please stop complaining about point spreads? It hasn't served us very well this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Can we please stop complaining about point spreads? It hasn't served us very well this season.
    a drunk fuqua student was ranting to me at halftime on saturday that there was no valid reason to think we could still cover the spread.

In your face, drunk fuqua guy.
    April 1

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    a drunk fuqua student was ranting to me at halftime on saturday that there was no valid reason to think we could still cover the spread.

In your face, drunk fuqua guy.
    "Often wrong but never in doubt"....He's on a fast track to the CEO position.

Quote Originally Posted by duke79 View Post
    "Often wrong but never in doubt"...
    My rabbi used this line when talking about/roasting me at my wedding 30 years ago. Sadly, my wife has made it a consistent part of her arsenal ever since.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by duke79 View Post
    "Often wrong but never in doubt"...He's on a fast track to the CEO position.
    Of some silicon valley startup that uses algorithms to flood your IP address with underwear ads.

I would not be surprised if they put 60+ on the scoreboard.

Quote Originally Posted by TKG View Post
    I would not be surprised if they put 60+ on the scoreboard.
    Agreed. MTHN (My Tar Heel Neighbor) is appalled by the UNC defense. Our best hope is to, well, keep up.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post

It could also cause the heels to go the opposite way, start questioning themselves, start blaming each other, etc. On the other hand we should be coming in with some confidence. In Gunnar and Mateo, I believe. I expect a high scoring game and I like our offense this year. GTH Carolina!

If Kansas can score 33 then UNC can score 55 plus.

For those of you who don't read the front page.

https://www.dukebasketballreport.com...l-acc-football

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    For those of you who don't read the front page.

https://www.dukebasketballreport.com...l-acc-football
    Thanks, Jim. A lot to digest in the article. Coach Cutcliffe emphasis on O-line performance is my big takeaway. Sustain drives and keep Howell and company off the field is a solid approach. Executing it will be a challenge.
    Bob Green

I have confidence this team can score points. I have none that this team can prevent the other team from doing so, without that other team making bad errors. I kind of expect a repeat of UNC-UVA, with Duke playing the UVA role.

Gunner and co will need to be near perfect, and the D will need to be far far better. I don't think we blitzed once against Kansas, perhaps owing to their QB being a mobile QB, but we'll need to against Howell, since we have basically gotten no pressure on opposing QBs without blitzing this year. And Howell with time in the pocket is going to be a disaster with this secondary, even with extra defenders to help.
    <devildeac> anyone playing drinking games by now?
    7:49:36<Wander> drink every qb run?
    7:49:38<loran16> umm, drink every time asack rushes?
    7:49:38<wolfybeard> @devildeac: drink when Asack runs a keeper
    7:49:39 PM<CB&B> any time zack runs, drink

Carolina Delenda Est

You know how to hurt a guy...

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBlue View Post
    Of some silicon valley startup that uses algorithms to flood your IP address with underwear ads.
    Sigh. My years at Fuqua striving to instill some business ethics into these folks clearly was not an unqualified success. Though, I point out the relatively small sample size here.

Reminds me of the English teacher who, while being carried out of her house to the emergency room, was enthusiastically affirmed by a paramedic, "You was my English teacher!"

We carry on, and Crush The Heels on Saturday!
    “I love it. Coach, when we came here, we had a three-hour meeting about the core values. If you really represent the core values, it means diving on the floor, sacrificing your body for your teammates, no matter how much you’re up by or how much you’re down by, always playing hard.” -- Zion

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Where was the complaint? It’s just an interesting data point to me, and I guess whatever you’re referencing passed me by since I don’t recall this issue.

WELL!

All I can say is GTHC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GoDuke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by brlftz View Post
    Where was the complaint? It’s just an interesting data point to me, and I guess whatever you’re referencing passed me by since I don’t recall this issue.
    I didn’t see a complaint either. As was mentioned by an earlier post, I think the UVA result is the likely outcome this weekend. A line around Duke +20 seems about right. Sadly I do not actually think UNC is that much better, but our weakness feeds into their strength and in recent years UNC has seemed much more focused when we meet. A 40-point loss would not surprise me and is more likely than a close game IMHO…