ESPN's PTI Wishes Grant Hill a Happy 49th Birthday!

Ok, we probably don't need a thread for every player birthday, but there was a nice discussion about his career and his new role with USA Basketball that I thought folks might like to check it out. If you tune in to the current re-air on ESPN News, I don't think it has happened yet so you should see it, it also re-airs at 10:00 pm and 11:30 pm. It happens around the end, around 24:11 at least streaming through the ESPN app on Google TV. They bring up how great he was before his injuries, something I think is often forgotten by the general public.

Anyways, merge this anywhere that seems appropriate if needed, but I thought people who don't normally watch PTI to have a chance to tune in for this bit. It isn't especially long or anything, but I thought it was a nice little piece on him.

Edit: Also, I hate this thread title because it sounds like I'm some shill writing a tagline for the ESPN website but I couldn't figure out how else to word it without it sounding like Hill was on the show and I didn't want people to be disappointed!

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Ok, we probably don't need a thread for every player birthday, but there was a nice discussion about his career and his new role with USA Basketball that I thought folks might like to check it out. If you tune in to the current re-air on ESPN News, I don't think it has happened yet so you should see it, it also re-airs at 10:00 pm and 11:30 pm. It happens around the end, around 24:11 at least streaming through the ESPN app on Google TV. They bring up how great he was before his injuries, something I think is often forgotten by the general public.

Anyways, merge this anywhere that seems appropriate if needed, but I thought people who don't normally watch PTI to have a chance to tune in for this bit. It isn't especially long or anything, but I thought it was a nice little piece on him.

Edit: Also, I hate this thread title because it sounds like I'm some shill writing a tagline for the ESPN website but I couldn't figure out how else to word it without it sounding like Hill was on the show and I didn't want people to be disappointed!
    Here's the whole episode from an NFL Preseason account (so, not just some fan account). There are many other ESPN show clips in the archives, so I'm guessing these are authorized. Watch from 14:30 to 15:55.

Of course, if YouTube pulls it eventually, then I guess it wasn't authorized.

Nice find! Purely for convenience, here is a link to the correct timestamp for people who don't like trying to seek to the right spot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_zuGymEA-A&t=876s

Saw it when it originally aired! And the best part was thinking about my Kentucky friends who got to see Laettner's shot go in AGAIN!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    And the best part was thinking about my Kentucky friends who got to see Laettner's shot go in AGAIN!
    Oh good, it went in again. I keep thinking that one of these days it won't. That would require Rick Pitino finding a time machine, and somehow deciding that failing to defend Grant Hill at the baseline was the biggest mistake he ever made that happened to unravel in a matter of seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    Oh good, it went in again. I keep thinking that one of these days it won't. That would require Rick Pitino finding a time machine, and somehow deciding that failing to defend Grant Hill at the baseline was the biggest mistake he ever made that happened to unravel in a matter of seconds.
    "We're not going to defend the guy inbounding the ball and I'm so worried you will foul, I don't want you to defend the guy who catches the ball either."

Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?