Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Another AJC article:

https://www.ajc.com/sports/georgia-t...HBSNYEZEQILKQ/

The test is consistency.
    Bob Green

Flash flood warnings in Raleigh at the moment and the forecast calls for the rain (moderating) to continue until late this afternoon. Both teams might become one-dimensional as a result. Not sure if that helps/hurts us.

Quote Originally Posted by TKG View Post
    Flash flood warnings in Raleigh at the moment and the forecast calls for the rain (moderating) to continue until late this afternoon. Both teams might become one-dimensional as a result. Not sure if that helps/hurts us.
    My fear is, a wet, sloppy track might prove deleterious to our bubble screen attack.
    Ga Tech 31
    Duke 13

Hope I’m wrong

Quote Originally Posted by TKG View Post
    Was just coming here to post that if wet sloppy conditions favor the run game that could work on our favor. Although our field drains really well, so the wet ball is going to be a bigger issue than a sloppy field, which...could be cause for some concern.

It looks like I'm also not going to be able to make it out today (unrelated to the weather) but hopefully we can look good and pick up a win!

Headed in - Parking question

Headed in to the slop-fest today with my son for my first game in 25+ years. I was hoping to hear of recommended public parking. Is Chemistry lot the best given weather and likely small crowd? Recommended rainy-day activities other than general walking around West/Main campus?? TIA

foredcast is for mainly just showers after 1pm...the bubble screen is a well oiled machine, I see no problems with some damp.

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Quote Originally Posted by UT Dukie View Post
    Headed in to the slop-fest today with my son for my first game in 25+ years. I was hoping to hear of recommended public parking. Is Chemistry lot the best given weather and likely small crowd? Recommended rainy-day activities other than general walking around West/Main campus?? TIA
    There’s also the jogging trail lot on NC 751 in between Duke University Road and Science Drive, but that’s the first to fill up. The parking website also says there’s public parking in the Research Drive garage, but that’s the farthest away.. https://parking.duke.edu/visitor/athletic/football

At 8:55am, it’s 66 degrees and raining 12cmiles away near RDU. Not as hard as the rain came down during the night, though.

ETA, misread the website, first read the deck as the one on Science Drive. Need caffeine!

Headed to Wally Wade to cheer on our Devils and tailgate. Go Duke. Sting the Jackets.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    foredcast is for mainly just showers after 1pm...the bubble screen is a well oiled machine, I see no problems with some damp.
    But oil and water don’t mix. Maybe we should put that highly efficient strategy on hold this weekend.

It's looking like the rain ought to be just about cleared up by game time, maybe just a little mist/drizzle.

In case anyone didn't already know this, here is a link to the Duke radio streams (will work for basketball and other games as well). Just click the "Listen Live" link.

https://www.wralsportsfan.com/rs/page/11071232/

And because misery loves company, here is the DBR chat.

https://forums.dukebasketballreport...hp?do=cchatbox

Light rain. Might be the smallest non-Hurricane crowd I've ever seen in Wade. Hopefully, people haven't come in from their tailgates.

Let's go Duke!

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Light rain. Might be the smallest non-Hurricane crowd I've ever seen in Wade. Hopefully, people haven't come in from their tailgates.
    can confirm in at least one case...

Anyone else trying to stream and getting static?

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    And because misery loves company, here is the DBR chat.

https://forums.dukebasketballreport...hp?do=cchatbox
    It's lonely in chat for the start of the game.

So I left.

Duke game on YES network.

Larry
    DevilHorse

Quote Originally Posted by DevilHorse View Post
    Duke game on YES network.

Larry
    DevilHorse
    But the defense is on the NO network

Blech.