Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
    Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Didn’t realize the Fab 5 recruited Corey and he turned em down. Could have ben the Fab 6. That’s all I know from listening to the game.��
    Cory talks a lot. Not just about himself, but about other things unrelated to the game he is "announcing."

Well

Quote Originally Posted by jimmymax View Post
    Cory talks a lot. Not just about himself, but about other things unrelated to the game he is "announcing."
    Have you ever listened to a game where Dick Vitale was announcing?

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    Have you ever listened to a game where Dick Vitale was announcing?
    Vitale made me crazy for decades, but his passion for college basketball and love of the game is indisputable. I was happy to see a clip from him on the ESPN site this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Vitale made me crazy for decades, but his passion for college basketball and love of the game is indisputable. I was happy to see a clip from him on the ESPN site this week.
    Agree with both sentiments. What drove me crazy was that he did not announce games per se....he had the same schtick every single game...told most of the same stories, waited for the moments to drop in the very same Vitalisms...praised the same coaches (...Robert Montgomery Knight...et al) and only spoke of the game in progress in between all the other.

That said, no one loves the game more than he, and it helped grow the sport, especially on ESPN. And he was very familiar with Coach K even in the very early years at Duke. And a K supporter from day one it seems. So I do NOT like watching games on TV he is doing....but I greatly appreciate what he brought to Duke and to the game over the years.
    GREATEST SERIES END EPISODES EVER? !
    NOT MASH: either Burn Notice or The Americans.

The Andrews Sisters are taking over ESPN like it's The Mike Douglas Show, circa 1965.