Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ol Guff View Post
    J(Bob Verga too, but only we geriatrics remember him.)
    The V didn't bother with defense too often, but he could truly fill it up. Fearless, and never saw a shot he didn't like. He also liked blondes and his Corvette, nearly wrecked it speeding up Chapel Drive around the circle for the Oder of the Chair ceremony (post BBall) his senior year...

Awful Announcing: Your 2022 NCAA Tournament Second Round Sunday announcing schedule

Afternoon-to-evening tripleheader on CBS (Houston-Illinois, OSU-Villanova, MSU-Duke). Greenville nightcap on TruTV (Miami-Auburn).

Night doubleheaders on TNT (ISU-Wisconsin, Texas-Purdue) and TBS (Notre Dame-Texas Tech, TCU-Arizona).

Not exactly announcer kvetching, but is anyone else getting some annoying audio issues (cutting out/stuttering) or is that just me and my setup?

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Not exactly announcer kvetching, but is anyone else getting some annoying audio issues (cutting out/stuttering) or is that just me and my setup?
    Streaming and casting to my TV is a hot mess this year. Couldn't view at all day one. Day two I couldn't cast. Now I can cast, but it's wildly dodgy and cuts out constantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Streaming and casting to my TV is a hot mess this year. Couldn't view at all day one. Day two I couldn't cast. Now I can cast, but it's wildly dodgy and cuts out constantly.
    On the off chance one of your issues is the Paramount+ app for streaming the CBS games, I have never been able to get that app to stream properly without major buffering on any device, going back to when they launched it. Streaming in a browser is the way to go in my experience (and then casting to our TV if you have that capability). You can even do it from your phone, but you may have to go to settings and request the desktop version of the site to stop it from trying to redirect you to the app.

Or maybe your problem is totally unrelated, but wanted to share just in case.

Presumably other people don't have this problem or nobody would use the app.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    On the off chance one of your issues is the Paramount+ app for streaming the CBS games, I have never been able to get that app to stream properly without major buffering on any device, going back to when they launched it. Streaming in a browser is the way to go in my experience (and then casting to our TV if you have that capability). You can even do it from your phone, but you may have to go to settings and request the desktop version of the site to stop it from trying to redirect you to the app.

Or maybe your problem is totally unrelated, but wanted to share just in case.

Presumably other people don't have this problem or nobody would use the app.
    No, I was an early adopter of Paramount Plus for a handful of shows. But the interface was so infuriating that I dropped it.

This is all through the March Madness app - which is equally infuriating, because it literally only has to do it's job for a total of four days.

No, I was an early adopter of Paramount Plus for a handful of shows. But the interface was so infuriating that I dropped it.

This is all through the March Madness app - which is equally infuriating, because it literally only has to do it's job for a total of four days.
    I got the March madness app on my fire stick. It’s not great at all. I got the same app on my iPad for last Thursday and friday and it worked just fine. I’m thinking for me it’s the fire stick
    Duke '96
    Cary, NC

Sweet 16 Announcer Schedule (source)

sweet16announcers.jpg

THURSDAY/SATURDAY

West Regional in San Francisco: Jim Nantz, Bill Raftery, Grant Hill, Tracy Wolfson (CBS)
    South Regional in San Antonio: Brian Anderson, Jim Jackson, Allie LaForce (TBS)

FRIDAY/SUNDAY

East Regional in Philadelphia: Ian Eagle, Jim Spanarkel, Jamie Erdahl (CBS)
    Midwest Regional in Chicago: Kevin Harlan, Dan Bonner, Reggie Miller, Dana Jacobson (TBS)

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post

sweet16announcers.jpg

THURSDAY/SATURDAY

West Regional in San Francisco: Jim Nantz, Bill Raftery, Grant Hill, Tracy Wolfson (CBS)

FRIDAY/SUNDAY

Midwest Regional in Chicago: Kevin Harlan, Dan Bonner, Reggie Miller, Dana Jacobson (TBS)
    Those are some pretty decent groupings, but I wish they could have found a spot to plug Avery Johnson. His homespun southernisms were starting to grow on me
    Duke '96
    Cary, NC

spent 11 days in FLA with a sports fanatic friend, he showed me how his streaming works vs. the cable he disconnected, and in short I was not impressed. I'm sure many get it to work well, but his setup was a hot mess.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    spent 11 days in FLA with a sports fanatic friend, he showed me how his streaming works vs. the cable he disconnected, and in short I was not impressed. I'm sure many get it to work well, but his setup was a hot mess.
    Did you survive your time here among the mask less without a hospital trip?

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Did you survive your time here among the mask less without a hospital trip?
    as I've mentioned elsewhere, I've been sick as a dog for several days, strongly suspected The Covid, but the test says no. Much much better today. American Airlines: bad enough it took me 15 (!) hours to get a customer rep on the phone after my good weather cancellation, and FOUR days before I could leave...but they basically have given up on enforcing mask wearing, even when you board. Saw an endless stream of guys heading from CLT to DAB for bike week, precious few masks to be seen, AA just doesn't care. So I'm not spending much time wondering how I got sick. (ate all restaurant meals in FL outside, weather was great, human contact minimal).

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post

sweet16announcers.jpg

THURSDAY/SATURDAY

FRIDAY/SUNDAY

Relegating women to the on-court role while the men do the play-by-play and color always seemed sexist to me. The women play-by-play announcers this past weekend were excellent. Sorry to see them dropped from the coverage.
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Relegating women to the on-court role while the men do the play-by-play and color always seemed sexist to me. The women play-by-play announcers this past weekend were excellent. Sorry to see them dropped from the coverage.
    I think the west, east and midwest teams for this coming weekend are the gold standard and aren't going anywhere. I can live without Jim Jackson and would be very happy to have Deb Antonelli subbed in for him - I liked her. I find Avery Johnson's voice grating so though he seems like a good guy and has some decent insights, I can live without him. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I think Spanarkel has historically only been a first weekend guy so I'm glad he is getting to stick around. And it will be fun having him call St. Peter's again as a Jersey City guy.

i've said it in chat, and i'll say it here...99.3 broadcast with david shumate and john roth is the way to go....it SOOOOOO much more "duke friendly"....yes, they are homers, yes they are in blue shades, but the excitement in that broadcast yesterday with 3 mins to go is why i am so amped up in chat...

there are some sync hurdles to attend to....personally, i like listening to the radio broadcast which normally is about 15 seconds ahead of the game on Spectrum TV....I LIKE hearing what happened on the play before i see it, then watching it develop...a lot more insight in to how it happened...while bilas is blathering on about his hair, or unc, Shumate and roth are dishing out duke stats and sideline activity....others don't like that...i get it...so, i delay my responses (mostly) until it happens on screen (which lately seems to still be ahead of most others).

when the radio broadcast is behind the TV action, i pause the TV until i can synch it up to be even. I'm urging everyone to give it a shot...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

When does CBS dispense with the TNT/TBS goofballs during halftime?

Quote Originally Posted by TKG View Post
    When does CBS dispense with the TNT/TBS goofballs during halftime?
    I think they disappear next round, but I'm not sure.

Watching Charles analyze college ball is like watching a turkey fly. They can do it, but it isn't pretty.

I think they disappear next round, but I'm not sure.

Watching Charles analyze college ball is like watching a turkey fly. They can do it, but it isn't pretty.
    WTQR right. That was funny.

GoDuke!

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    The on-floor coach "interviews" during the game are odious. And I agree that the women announcers in general have been pretty good.

I don't have anything against Huggins (nor am I a fan) but he got severely tangled in his verbal underwear yesterday...really couldn't discern logic in what he was trying to say.