Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Annual Announcer Kvetch Thread, 2021-22

https://www.yahoo.com/news/dan-dakic...173504140.html

Perhaps this has already been posted. Proof that there is a higher power... perhaps it's the Mouse, but I'll throw a prayer towards anything that got this lug nut off ESPN.

9F
    I will never talk about That Game. GTHC.

I have nothing to base this on other than Dakich’s “personality” but I’m gonna take a wild guess that he refuses to get vaxed and ESPN requires it so he’s gone. Whatever the reason, buh and bye spells buh-bye.

Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    I have nothing to base this on other than Dakich’s “personality” but I’m gonna take a wild guess that he refuses to get vaxed and ESPN requires it so he’s gone. Whatever the reason, buh and bye spells buh-bye.
    Kinda like Kyrie in two weeks?
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

He's shuffled off to the Clay Travis school of sports broadcasting. Good riddance.

Now if only we could be so lucky with Seth Greenberg.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleBlue View Post
    Now if only we could be so lucky with Seth Greenberg.
    I'm not a big fan of Greenberg, Cory Alexander, and a few others. But Dakich takes it to another level because he just seems like a truly miserable human being. Good riddance.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    I'm not a big fan of Greenberg, Cory Alexander, and a few others. But Dakich takes it to another level because he just seems like a truly miserable human being. Good riddance.
    Could not agree more…I literally would turn the volume down if he was doing a game I watched, and I have never done that for any other announcer.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxAMillion View Post
    Could not agree more…I literally would turn the volume down if he was doing a game I watched, and I have never done that for any other announcer.
    You listen to Bill Walton?

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    You listen to Bill Walton?
    I'd say "only when I'm as high as he is"....but that's effectively impossible.
    April 1

There's Duke anti-bias in announcers, sure (yes, Packer comes to mind). And there are annoying announcers (looking at you, Alexander). But Dakich was (so happy to use past tense here) just clearly at another level of not just bias against Duke, not just being a terrible commentator, but being an overall neanderthal in his takes and comments. I'm not defending Bilas and Elmore, but they are relatively intelligent individuals. Dakich is dumber than a box of hammers but with the same finesse, and he never added to the moment other than expressing distain or outrage (or pulling for the player that reminded him of himself). Listening to him was like being in the lowest level of hell during a game, with Satan's minions sticking pitchforks in your ears. There are other poor commentators, but no one on ESPN or any other network approached him. If he was anywhere near competent, one of those other major networks would have hired him. Instead, he's on the Outkick Nework, whatever that is. He's the GOAT of bad announcers, bar none in my book.

9F
    I will never talk about That Game. GTHC.

Jimmy Dykes gets under my skin too with his scorn for Duke. He loves to talk about the little schools and how hard they work and deserve more recognition and I've never heard him say one good word about Duke.

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    I'd say "only when I'm as high as he is"...but that's effectively impossible.
    You’re talking about Walton being “high” in regard to his 7-foot height, right?

Woo-hoo!

Who cares what the reason is; this is cause for celebration!

Good riddance. A know-it-all who talked incessantly. My mute button will get a rest.

He can peddle his wares to the dozens of people who watch Outkick Network. Have fun with that, Dan.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

I didn't realize who Outkick is and what is roots are. Given that, and the information contained in the article I'm linking, I feel even more strongly in my hunch described in my earlier post on this thread as to what is driving Dakich's move: Covid testing and Covid messaging. He's gonna fit right in with this collection of cranks and quacks.

Here it is:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/inside...vid-trutherism

Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    I didn't realize who Outkick is and what is roots are. Given that, and the information contained in the article I'm linking, I feel even more strongly in my hunch described in my earlier post on this thread as to what is driving Dakich's move: Covid testing and Covid messaging. He's gonna fit right in with this collection of cranks and quacks.

Here it is:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/inside...vid-trutherism
    Best reason yet to require a Covid booster Every Year.

A multi-purpose vaccine that prevents both Covid and Dakich! - Woo Hoo!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    He can peddle his wares to the dozens of people who watch Outkick Network. Have fun with that, Dan.
    I am somehow reminded of this...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSeLbtNzFFo

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    Good riddance. A know-it-all who talked incessantly. My mute button will get a rest.
    Why does everything come back to Bilas? I mean really…….