Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Will Someone Open The Gates of Hell early..

9 f

Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    I didn’t see a complaint either. As was mentioned by an earlier post, I think the UVA result is the likely outcome this weekend. A line around Duke +20 seems about right. Sadly I do not actually think UNC is that much better, but our weakness feeds into their strength and in recent years UNC has seemed much more focused when we meet. A 40-point loss would not surprise me and is more likely than a close game IMHO…
    UNC more focused? Certainly true last year. But Duke has won three of the last five games and should have won two years ago.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Before there was Bishop Sycamore HS, there was unc.

Duke 44
    nefarious cretins 35

Quote Originally Posted by PDDuke85 View Post

Duke 44
    nefarious cretins 35
    My name is Peloton and I endorse this prediction.

Ewe in Sea will certainly be focused after underperforming (putting it lightly) against the Yellowjackets. We need to match their intensity early or it'll get ugly quickly. Hopefully Coach has a great pre-game speech planned that'll get the guys fired up...can't come out flat in this one.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Reality reigns true from Cutcliffe.

Duke (3-1) is one a three-game winning streak but has lost its last two games against UNC, and since 1990, the Blue Devils have only won the Victory Bell six times. But coach David Cutcliffe did not have to bring up the importance of the prize to his players. "They're well aware," he said. "We have older guys in our program who have rung it, and it's a big difference. Yeah, it's important."

What's not important to Cutcliffe is the noise surrounding the Tar Heels' slow start to the season. "I'm looking at the film. I'm looking at an extremely gifted, talented North Carolina team that's really well coach and plays hard. They're a handful regardless," he said.
    https://www.wralsportsfan.com/victor...week/19899034/
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

I almost forgot...

GTHC GTH!!

Always remember boys and girls...that can never be said often enough. Whatever the setting (social or business) - it's always appropriate, and encouraged in fact.

Quote Originally Posted by PDDuke85 View Post

Duke 44
    nefarious cretins 35
    This sounds great, but hedging my bets by telling the dog we’re going for a long walk around 1:30 on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    This sounds great, but hedging my bets by telling the dog we’re going for a long walk around 1:30 on Saturday.
    Keeping Expectations Low Since 1967.

Positive Energy

The outcome of this game is pretty hard to predict. If both teams show up playing their best game it will be close. If only one stumbles defensively, it will be a blow out. If both do anything can happen. They appear statistically pretty even, though UNCs road to date has been tougher. I believe the Blue Devils can prevail in this one. Going against the odds: Duke by 7.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Kfanarmy View Post
    The outcome of this game is pretty hard to predict.
    I disagree with this; I think it's pretty easy. Howeverrrrrrrrr, for the sake of fun

I'm guessing that there isn't a singe Carolina fan expecting anything other than a total blowout. Which doesn't put us too far from our state of mind heading into Charlotte.

I'll cling to that thought, that there will hopefully be some baby blue fans in Kenan sweating on Saturday, even though they are sitting on the shady side. (No idea if there's a shady side to Kenan, but Chapel Hill on the whole is pretty iffy.)
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    I disagree with this; I think it's pretty easy. Howeverrrrrrrrr, for the sake of fun

I'm guessing that there isn't a singe Carolina fan expecting anything other than a total blowout. Which doesn't put us too far from our state of mind heading into Charlotte.

I'll cling to that thought, that there will hopefully be some baby blue fans in Kenan sweating on Saturday, even though they are sitting on the shady side. (No idea if there's a shady side to Kenan, but Chapel Hill on the whole is pretty iffy.)
    I wonder if Inside Carolina is complaining that the spread is only 18 points.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    You were about 4 years ahead of me on this. After the 4-0 start in 1971 was obscured by the end of season slump (sound familiar?), I adopted your philosophy.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    My 1st Duke-Cheat football game was 1969 and as you recall the shoestring play game and win. Sort of been downhill since that day.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post

and wouldn't an upset with that kind of spread be even sweeter? Gotta have some good luck and magic one in a BLUE moon.

First and foremost, GTHCGTH!

I can't say I feel good about this one. That lot down the road was overrated by the national media, but they are still one of the better teams in the Coastal. They also have perhaps the best deep ball thrower in the country. Duke's pass rush has been very poor - just 5 sacks in 4 games. If I'm Mack Brown, I throw it deep often and dare Duke to make me pay with sacks and INTs.

Quote Originally Posted by Atldukie79 View Post
    You were about 4 years ahead of me on this. After the 4-0 start in 1971 was obscured by the end of season slump (sound familiar?), I adopted your philosophy.
    That team had no depth. Due to injuries multiple several players had to go both ways, but some outstanding talent in Steve Jones, Ed Newman, Ernie Jackson, et al. In contrast this team seems to be developing some depth. Mateo may be our best running back since Jones. Gunnar is better than Satysur (?) in ‘71.

Sam Howell has had some issues when facing pressure. When he's able to set his feet and stay in the pocket and make reads, he's very, very good.

Duke does not get great pressure on the QB. They don't stop the run well.

Duke is gonna have to outscore UNC in a shootout and hope to generate more turnovers than they commit.

Dang, let Mack figure this out on his own!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Maturin View Post
    First and foremost, GTHCGTH!

I can't say I feel good about this one. That lot down the road was overrated by the national media, but they are still one of the better teams in the Coastal. They also have perhaps the best deep ball thrower in the country. Duke's pass rush has been very poor - just 5 sacks in 4 games. If I'm Mack Brown, I throw it deep often and dare Duke to make me pay with sacks and INTs.
    Shhhh! Loose Lips Sink Ships!
    “I love it. Coach, when we came here, we had a three-hour meeting about the core values. If you really represent the core values, it means diving on the floor, sacrificing your body for your teammates, no matter how much you’re up by or how much you’re down by, always playing hard.” -- Zion

Win or lose, Carolina sucks donkey doughnuts and is a festering pustule on the butt of Satan himself. 9F.

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Win or lose, Carolina sucks donkey doughnuts and is a festering pustule on the butt of Satan himself. 9F.
    I do wish you wouldn’t restrain yourself when talking about the cheaters down the road.