Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 188
  1. #81
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    I'm not sure I see any reason to believe we've upgraded at QB (Cam was not good last year and the fact that he came back to the Panthers after the way he was cut tells me nobody else is really chasing him), but my main aggravation is the way we got there. Cut Cam, eat the dead cap hit, trade a 2nd for Darnold, then bring back Cam. Perfect.
    Yeah, I agree with that. It's nice that at least Cam will likely get to close up shop as a Panther rather than twiddling his thumbs waiting for the phone to ring.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

  2. #82
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Cam Newton is not the solution to Panthers quarterback issue. His best days are in the rear view mirror.
    Bob Green

  3. #83
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Cam Newton is not the solution to Panthers quarterback issue. His best days are in the rear view mirror.
    Right. If you're bringing in Cam to solve your QB problem, you'd do just as well to call up anyone who has had a cup of coffee in the NFL the last few years. What is that RB from Denver last year up to now?

    I feel like it is a PR move as much as it is a football move, honestly (pretty much the entire media and a chunk of the fanbase is still mad that they kicked Cam to the curb, although I am not one of them).

  4. #84
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Cam will likely be the most talked about non-starter in recent memory.

    Head coach Matt Rhule has said P.J. Walker would start on Sunday for the 4-5 Panthers against the NFC-leading Arizona Cardinals. The former XFL quarterback is 1-0 as an NFL starter but has completed just 49.3% of his passes, with one touchdown and five interceptions during his two seasons in the league.
    https://www.wralsportsfan.com/panthe...wton/19975426/
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

  5. #85
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    North of Durham
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Cam will likely be the most talked about non-starter in recent memory.



    https://www.wralsportsfan.com/panthe...wton/19975426/
    Thereís that State Farm guy who didnít start for Green Bay last Sunday?

  6. #86
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    Thereís that State Farm guy who didnít start for Green Bay last Sunday?
    That news cycle is practically over anyway, and people love to talk about Cam. He'll be the story of the weekend IMO.

  7. #87
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    That news cycle is practically over anyway, and people love to talk about Cam. He'll be the story of the weekend IMO.
    The front page of espn.com says you are correct.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

  8. #88
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    raleigh
    i got nuthin...wow...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

  9. #89
    I'm fascinated by this move, as a non-fan.

  10. #90
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Albemarle, North Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    I'm not sure I see any reason to believe we've upgraded at QB (Cam was not good last year and the fact that he came back to the Panthers after the way he was cut tells me nobody else is really chasing him), but my main aggravation is the way we got there. Cut Cam, eat the dead cap hit, trade a 2nd for Darnold, then bring back Cam. Perfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Cam Newton is not the solution to Panthers quarterback issue. His best days are in the rear view mirror.
    I mean the solution heís brought in to help fix is depth. We needed a veteran qb and Cam knew this team and is loved overall. Plus heís good for revenue and helps ďrightĒ a wrong in how he was let go.

    I donít think he will come in and be an amazing starter or anything but Iíve never seen Cam play as consistently bad as what Iíve seen this year (his Patriot season included)
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

  11. #91
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    raleigh
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

  12. #92
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    raleigh
    cam.jpg is this how we all feel?
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

  13. #93
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    cam.jpg is this how we all feel?
    And Cam with the rushing TD!
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

  14. #94
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    raleigh
    one play: Touchdown and Unsportsmanlike penalty...yep, he's back...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

  15. #95
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Very impressive 1st half, Cam's 2 TDs included. CMC is looking very back, and Walker is looking good. He'd be looking better if he wouldn't throw the ball to the other team, though.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

  16. #96
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Very impressive 1st half, Cam's 2 TDs included. CMC is looking very back, and Walker is looking good. He'd be looking better if he wouldn't throw the ball to the other team, though.
    from a coaching standpoint...it was very creative to use cam as the closer...PJ played well for the most part
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

  17. #97
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Albemarle, North Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    one play: Touchdown and Unsportsmanlike penalty...yep, he's back...
    They really need to rein in these refs league wide.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

  18. #98
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    raleigh
    Messages Image(1468926595).jpg



    so harsh...yet true...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

  19. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    Messages Image(1468926595).jpg



    so harsh...yet true...
    This one is over my head. Help me out here

  20. #100
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by kshepinthehouse View Post
    This one is over my head. Help me out here
    Cam snaps Darnold to dust.

    It's looking very likely that Cam will be starting this Sunday against the WFT, and Riverboat Ron.
    Hollywood worthy script.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Similar Threads

  1. Carolina Panthers
    By smvalkyries in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-10-2016, 02:24 PM
  2. Carolina Panthers 2013
    By moonpie23 in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 01-19-2014, 07:40 PM
  3. Carolina Panthers
    By CameronBornAndBred in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-23-2008, 09:50 PM
  4. Episode IV: A New Hope
    By OZZIE4DUKE in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-21-2008, 11:49 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •