Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    I'm not sure I see any reason to believe we've upgraded at QB (Cam was not good last year and the fact that he came back to the Panthers after the way he was cut tells me nobody else is really chasing him), but my main aggravation is the way we got there. Cut Cam, eat the dead cap hit, trade a 2nd for Darnold, then bring back Cam. Perfect.
    Yeah, I agree with that. It's nice that at least Cam will likely get to close up shop as a Panther rather than twiddling his thumbs waiting for the phone to ring.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Cam Newton is not the solution to Panthers quarterback issue. His best days are in the rear view mirror.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Cam Newton is not the solution to Panthers quarterback issue. His best days are in the rear view mirror.
    Right. If you're bringing in Cam to solve your QB problem, you'd do just as well to call up anyone who has had a cup of coffee in the NFL the last few years. What is that RB from Denver last year up to now?

I feel like it is a PR move as much as it is a football move, honestly (pretty much the entire media and a chunk of the fanbase is still mad that they kicked Cam to the curb, although I am not one of them).

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Cam will likely be the most talked about non-starter in recent memory.

Head coach Matt Rhule has said P.J. Walker would start on Sunday for the 4-5 Panthers against the NFC-leading Arizona Cardinals. The former XFL quarterback is 1-0 as an NFL starter but has completed just 49.3% of his passes, with one touchdown and five interceptions during his two seasons in the league.
    https://www.wralsportsfan.com/panthe...wton/19975426/
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Cam will likely be the most talked about non-starter in recent memory.

https://www.wralsportsfan.com/panthe...wton/19975426/
    There’s that State Farm guy who didn’t start for Green Bay last Sunday?

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    There’s that State Farm guy who didn’t start for Green Bay last Sunday?
    That news cycle is practically over anyway, and people love to talk about Cam. He'll be the story of the weekend IMO.

That news cycle is practically over anyway, and people love to talk about Cam. He'll be the story of the weekend IMO.
    The front page of espn.com says you are correct.

i got nuthin...wow...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

I'm fascinated by this move, as a non-fan.

I'm not sure I see any reason to believe we've upgraded at QB (Cam was not good last year and the fact that he came back to the Panthers after the way he was cut tells me nobody else is really chasing him), but my main aggravation is the way we got there. Cut Cam, eat the dead cap hit, trade a 2nd for Darnold, then bring back Cam. Perfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    I mean the solution he’s brought in to help fix is depth. We needed a veteran qb and Cam knew this team and is loved overall. Plus he’s good for revenue and helps “right” a wrong in how he was let go.

I don’t think he will come in and be an amazing starter or anything but I’ve never seen Cam play as consistently bad as what I’ve seen this year (his Patriot season included)
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

"One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

cam.jpg is this how we all feel?

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    cam.jpg is this how we all feel?
    And Cam with the rushing TD!

one play: Touchdown and Unsportsmanlike penalty...yep, he's back...

Very impressive 1st half, Cam's 2 TDs included. CMC is looking very back, and Walker is looking good. He'd be looking better if he wouldn't throw the ball to the other team, though.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Very impressive 1st half, Cam's 2 TDs included. CMC is looking very back, and Walker is looking good. He'd be looking better if he wouldn't throw the ball to the other team, though.
    from a coaching standpoint...it was very creative to use cam as the closer...PJ played well for the most part

one play: Touchdown and Unsportsmanlike penalty...yep, he's back...
    They really need to rein in these refs league wide.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

Messages Image(1468926595).jpg

so harsh...yet true...

Messages Image(1468926595).jpg

so harsh...yet true...
    This one is over my head. Help me out here

Quote Originally Posted by kshepinthehouse View Post
    This one is over my head. Help me out here
    Cam snaps Darnold to dust.

It's looking very likely that Cam will be starting this Sunday against the WFT, and Riverboat Ron.
    Hollywood worthy script.