Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    I saw on the NFL Network that the Panthers and one other team may be interested in Deshaun Watson. I guess the honeymoon is over for Sam and the Panthers.
    Please for the love of god no.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    I saw on the NFL Network that the Panthers and one other team may be interested in Deshaun Watson. I guess the honeymoon is over for Sam and the Panthers.
    I think that the media is far more interested in that option than the Panthers are.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    I think that the media is far more interested in that option than the Panthers are.
    Hope so.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Regardless of how serious the Panthers may have been in going after Watson, the issue is now thankfully moot.

According to NFL Network insider Ian Rapoport, the Panthers will—for about the umpteenth time—drop their pursuit of Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson.
    https://www.yahoo.com/sports/panther...141827140.html
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Rhule a possible candidate at LSU?

With an 8-15 record, I say "Sure, why not".

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/joel-kl...182517092.html

The Panthers will struggle until they get real uniforms. Can't have sufficient self respect in those things they were, can they?

The Panthers did not look awful today. (But I bet Darnold is feeling awful for a day of two, hell of a hit he took.)

Having Shaq Thompson back was huge.

Not to mention Stephon Gilmore!

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Not to mention Stephon Gilmore!
    That INT was a fun "Welcome To The Roster" play.

The win was also big for playoff hopes, since it was a division victory.

looks like sam will be out for at least one game....he put it on the line for that play....

man, atlanta has their problems
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Sam Darnold is the Patriots' best quarterback since Tom Brady.

Sam Darnold is the Patriots' best quarterback since Tom Brady.
    This is not a good year for football.

unwatchable
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Throwing all of those INTs was painful. (It sure was for me, anyway.)

Panthers quarterback Sam Darnold is undergoing an MRI on his throwing shoulder Monday after experiencing soreness following Carolina’s 24-6 loss to the New England Patriots on Sunday.
    https://www.wralsportsfan.com/panthe...lder/19969377/

Folks, none of this is surprising. Darnold was by far and away the worst quarterback in the league last year. It wasn't close at all. Some of that was attributable to being on a horrible team, but not all of it.
    At any time he is capable of putting up QBRs in the 30s or 40s.
    Honestly I don't think he has NFL starter skills.

I am not a Panthers fan, so I have no dog in this hunt, but Sam Darnold is just not a very good quarterback. Even his own coach threw him directly under the bus after the game. Ouch.

Cam Newton to the Panthers. What even is life?

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Cam Newton to the Panthers. What even is life?
    I'll take Cam over an "injured" Darnold any day. This season won't get better, so might as well at least make it interesting.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...rn-sources-say

Can't really link to it since it's "Breaking" on the wral sports page, but...

"Panthers reunite with Cam Newton — The Carolina Panthers have agreed to terms with former quarterback Cam Newton to rejoin the team"

Can't really link to it since it's "Breaking" on the wral sports page, but...

"Panthers reunite with Cam Newton — The Carolina Panthers have agreed to terms with former quarterback Cam Newton to rejoin the team"
    Getting rid of him never made sense in the first place. Even at Cams worst he’s never been as bad as what we saw the last few weeks. Glad he gets another shot.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

I'll take Cam over an "injured" Darnold any day. This season won't get better, so might as well at least make it interesting.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...rn-sources-say
    I'm not sure I see any reason to believe we've upgraded at QB (Cam was not good last year and the fact that he came back to the Panthers after the way he was cut tells me nobody else is really chasing him), but my main aggravation is the way we got there. Cut Cam, eat the dead cap hit, trade a 2nd for Darnold, then bring back Cam. Perfect.