Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    I don’t think this really moves the needle much for the Panthers. But as a Bucs fan, I’m far more happy than fearful with this acquisition by a divisional foe.
    Sounds like the reaction from Seahawks fans. Better you than us.

Welp. Panthers fans, you’re getting a QB with a great arm and is charismatic in front of a camera.

However, his work ethic is questionable, his film study is minimal, he is a one read “grip it & rip it” thrower of the football.

In the right system and in the short term, Baker can catch lightning and go on a roll.

But eventually, he will wear out his welcome in a locker room and with his coaches.

The good news is you didn’t invest much at all in him, so not much to lose.

See y’all Week 1!

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevilBrowns View Post
    Welp. Panthers fans, you’re getting a QB with a great arm and is charismatic in front of a camera.

However, his work ethic is questionable, his film study is minimal, he is a one read “grip it & rip it” thrower of the football.

In the right system and in the short term, Baker can catch lightning and go on a roll.

But eventually, he will wear out his welcome in a locker room and with his coaches.

See y’all Week 1!
    Coulda been worse, but thankfully y'all took Watson instead.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevilBrowns View Post

See y’all Week 1!
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Coulda been worse, but thankfully y'all took Watson instead.
    wow...cameronB&B beat me to it....who sat in a high level management meeting and all agreed that "yeah, Watson is the guy for us....all that drama over a couple of complaints from some massage women will blow over in no time. Hell, we just gave him enough money to BUY THEM ALL OFF"....???

what's that old saying? "out of the frying pan, into the molten nuclear ocean of drama"?
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    wow...cameronB&B beat me to it...who sat in a high level management meeting and all agreed that "yeah, Watson is the guy for us...all that drama over a couple of complaints from some massage women will blow over in no time. Hell, we just gave him enough money to BUY THEM ALL OFF"...???

what's that old saying? "out of the frying pan, into the molten nuclear ocean of drama"?
    I'm not much of a "boycotter" but the Browns (oh, and the SEC and Big 10 incidentally) are testing my limits.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    I'm not much of a "boycotter" but the Browns (oh, and the SEC and Big 10 incidentally) are testing my limits.
    On the other hand, boycotting the Browns isn't really much of a sacrifice.
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Oh for the days of Brian Sipe.

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Ha, no but I've always had an affinity for the Browns (kind of one of my secondary teams). My mom and stepdad are both from Ohio, I have a ton of family up there (going to be seeing maybe 50 of them at the reunion Saturday), and I went to college there (not OSU) for a couple years. Plus, I happen to pull for one of the other worst football teams in the history of the sport so there's a connection there as well.