Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Episode Darnold - A NEW HOPE - Carolina Panthers

2-0...gonna go ahead and make some comments..

Defense - looks like the D that other teams used to fear

Offense - McCaffrey makes any offense look better.

Darnold - still collating....

i got to listen to the game sunday while touring BADLANDS in S. Dakota on XM radio....kinda cool...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Was very impressed with Darnold in the first half against the Saints. Through two games our offense in the 3Q has left a lot to be desired, though. If we can get things consistent on the offensive side of the ball, we have a chance for a great run over the next few years given the youth of our defensive core.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    I was tempted to start this thread and title it "The Panthers Don't Suck--Yet".

I'm allowing for some slight optimism to creep in, but I fully expect that to get dashed. With that being said, I've been really impressed with the defense, and mostly impressed with Darnold overall. He's definitely found a better fit than with the Jets. It looks like CMC is getting his legs, back too.
    Thursday night should be a good one, and more telling.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

^ can they do anything to change their color scheme? I'd like to have better feelings toward the Panthers, but with those colors...

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    ^ can they do anything to change their color scheme? I'd like to have better feelings toward the Panthers, but with those colors...
    Amen to that! I've always hated the logo, too. Arena League Football logos are better. The Panthers are still my team, though. Did they miss a chance at Logo history when they shunned the team name Carolina Moon(s)? I think so!
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

Quote Originally Posted by killerleft View Post
    Amen to that! I've always hated the logo, too. Arena League Football logos are better. The Panthers are still my team, though. Did they miss a chance at Logo history when they shunned the team name Carolina Moon(s)? I think so!
    what's wrong with the logo?
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    I'm on your side. I've always liked it.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    It's not the worst. I wasn't in love with the choice of Panthers in the first place. Not a fan of Carolina. Charlotte Flight?

I will say the present logo is better than the original.
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

Quote Originally Posted by killerleft View Post
    It's not the worst. I wasn't in love with the choice of Panthers in the first place. Not a fan of Carolina. Charlotte Flight?

I will say the present logo is better than the original.
    I call them the Charlotte Panthers. And the Raleigh Hurricanes. Can’t root for carolina anything!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Well, even as a Seahawks fan, that CGI panther in the stadium was friggin cool.

Anyone notice the devil at the Northwestern game? Not going to say any more...

Quote Originally Posted by jimmymax View Post
    Anyone notice the devil at the Northwestern game? Not going to say any more...
    Uh, do go on...

This is pretty amazing. I admittedly was not thrilled with the thought of Darnold coming to Charlotte, but three games in it's hard not to be impressed.

If there were a comeback player of the year for somebody who wasn't injured that previous season, Sam Darnold would have a big head start. He has gone from the worst total QBR (41.4) over the past three seasons with the Jets to No. 6 so far this season. He has completed 68.2% of his passes, way up from his league-worst 59.8% in New York. He has thrown three touchdowns to only one interception and has three rushing touchdowns, two fewer than he had from 2018 to 2020.
    Of course we've only had three games to judge by, but they were three winners.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...uarterback-far

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    i gotta say...i thought it was pretty badass...i don't get why some folks didn't get it...

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    It was pretty cool. Aaaannnnnddd then there is Sir Purr. A kitty-kat. Meow!

CMC out of game with a hamstring injury.

He
    Is
    Cursed

Nice kick, Joey.

mccaffrey is looking fragile...

Starting to let it sink in that this team may be good.

This was an excellent win away. Worried about the injuries, but CMC's came early and the cats never slowed down.

Lightning fast big black cats, Panthers kicking a…