Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27
  1. #1

    Champions Classic tickets (MSG)??

    Just wondering if anyone has any intel on tickets for 11/9. On sites like Stubhub, SeatGeek and Vivid Seats there are a handful of upper level seats available, all above $300. The Ticketmaster site has nothing at all about the event - there are tickets on sale for Knicks and Rangers games at the Garden but nothing for 11/9. The ESPN event page says "Tickets will go on sale this fall at a date to be determined" - given that it's less than six weeks until the game I feel like I'm missing something. Did the tickets sold for the event in 2020 carry over to 2021? I'm mystified as to why it seems like most of the arena has sold out without tickets ever going on sale at Ticketmaster. Anyone have any idea on how to get tickets or whether tickets are even available?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Manhattan
    Quote Originally Posted by tlmorgan View Post
    Just wondering if anyone has any intel on tickets for 11/9. On sites like Stubhub, SeatGeek and Vivid Seats there are a handful of upper level seats available, all above $300. The Ticketmaster site has nothing at all about the event - there are tickets on sale for Knicks and Rangers games at the Garden but nothing for 11/9. The ESPN event page says "Tickets will go on sale this fall at a date to be determined" - given that it's less than six weeks until the game I feel like I'm missing something. Did the tickets sold for the event in 2020 carry over to 2021? I'm mystified as to why it seems like most of the arena has sold out without tickets ever going on sale at Ticketmaster. Anyone have any idea on how to get tickets or whether tickets are even available?
    I’m in the same boat—I signed up for the presale but haven’t heard or seen anything. Historically, upper-level tickets for this event go for way less than the prices on the secondary market right now.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Duke sent an email a few weeks ago that individual tickets for the neutral site games against Kentucky in NYC and the Gonzaga game would not be available for sale by Duke. Iron Dukes can submit a request for tickets through the Iron Dukes Ticket Exchange but that doesn't guarantee any tickets. There's also no tickets available for sale for the Thanksgiving and Christmas break games in Cameron.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Quote Originally Posted by DeweyDevil View Post
    Duke sent an email a few weeks ago that individual tickets for the neutral site games against Kentucky in NYC and the Gonzaga game would not be available for sale by Duke. Iron Dukes can submit a request for tickets through the Iron Dukes Ticket Exchange but that doesn't guarantee any tickets. There's also no tickets available for sale for the Thanksgiving and Christmas break games in Cameron.
    I'm pretty sure that Duke IS selling these tickets through their ticket office. I interpreted the email as "unlike previous years, those that ordered before are not guaranteed to be able to get them, since those with higher priority will likely buy them this time."

    All tickets for home games are through the "ticket request" portal at the Iron Dukes. Likewise, by priority unlike before, where they were likely to be available to lower levels.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Email today from MSG:

    PRE-SALE BEGINS TUESDAY AT NOON ET

    X, thank you for signing up for the State Farm Champions Classic pre-sale. You will have access to purchase remaining tickets before the public sale on Wednesday.

    Each email address has been assigned a specific code that will provide access to purchase up to four (4) tickets. We are limiting the cart size to four to ensure that more fans have access to tickets.

    We expect demand to be very high and recommend that you purchase as quickly as possible after Noon ET. Simply having access to the pre-sale does not guarantee that you'll be able to purchase tickets before the event has sold out.

    The pre-sale will begin at Noon ET on Tuesday, October 5 and run through 11 a.m. ET on Wednesday, October 6, permitting ticket availability. Any tickets that remain will go on sale to the general public at Noon ET on Wednesday, October 6. There will be small number of tickets held for Wednesday.

    Tickets start at $96, plus applicable taxes and fees. All tickets include admission to both games.



    Quote Originally Posted by tlmorgan View Post
    Just wondering if anyone has any intel on tickets for 11/9. On sites like Stubhub, SeatGeek and Vivid Seats there are a handful of upper level seats available, all above $300. The Ticketmaster site has nothing at all about the event - there are tickets on sale for Knicks and Rangers games at the Garden but nothing for 11/9. The ESPN event page says "Tickets will go on sale this fall at a date to be determined" - given that it's less than six weeks until the game I feel like I'm missing something. Did the tickets sold for the event in 2020 carry over to 2021? I'm mystified as to why it seems like most of the arena has sold out without tickets ever going on sale at Ticketmaster. Anyone have any idea on how to get tickets or whether tickets are even available?

  6. #6
    I got the email too, finally! Will be poised and ready at noon



    Quote Originally Posted by INSPECTORLEWIS View Post
    Email today from MSG:

    PRE-SALE BEGINS TUESDAY AT NOON ET

    X, thank you for signing up for the State Farm Champions Classic pre-sale. You will have access to purchase remaining tickets before the public sale on Wednesday.

    Each email address has been assigned a specific code that will provide access to purchase up to four (4) tickets. We are limiting the cart size to four to ensure that more fans have access to tickets.

    We expect demand to be very high and recommend that you purchase as quickly as possible after Noon ET. Simply having access to the pre-sale does not guarantee that you'll be able to purchase tickets before the event has sold out.

    The pre-sale will begin at Noon ET on Tuesday, October 5 and run through 11 a.m. ET on Wednesday, October 6, permitting ticket availability. Any tickets that remain will go on sale to the general public at Noon ET on Wednesday, October 6. There will be small number of tickets held for Wednesday.

    Tickets start at $96, plus applicable taxes and fees. All tickets include admission to both games.
    Last edited by -jk; 10-04-2021 at 09:04 PM. Reason: Fix quote tag

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by DU82 View Post
    I'm pretty sure that Duke IS selling these tickets through their ticket office. I interpreted the email as "unlike previous years, those that ordered before are not guaranteed to be able to get them, since those with higher priority will likely buy them this time."
    You are correct. Talked to Duke Ticket Office today. The gentleman said they would be confirming MSG tickets beginning next week 10/11.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Manhattan
    Presale is live—just secured four. Lower-deck availability is pretty scant save for behind the baselines, but plenty were available in the upper levels at pretty decent prices. Snagged four in the second row of the upper level for $106/per which is pretty standard for Champions Classic tickets at MSG.

  9. #9
    Are you able to share the link for tickets? I tried to do the pre-sale registration but missed the deadline.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Manhattan
    Quote Originally Posted by 907bluedevils View Post
    Are you able to share the link for tickets? I tried to do the pre-sale registration but missed the deadline.
    The presale registration also gives you a one-time presale code that you have to give before you can select seats—I’d share but mine is already used up. This is the link to the presale, though.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by INSPECTORLEWIS View Post
    Email today from MSG:

    PRE-SALE BEGINS TUESDAY AT NOON ET

    X, thank you for signing up for the State Farm Champions Classic pre-sale. You will have access to purchase remaining tickets before the public sale on Wednesday.

    Each email address has been assigned a specific code that will provide access to purchase up to four (4) tickets. We are limiting the cart size to four to ensure that more fans have access to tickets.

    We expect demand to be very high and recommend that you purchase as quickly as possible after Noon ET. Simply having access to the pre-sale does not guarantee that you'll be able to purchase tickets before the event has sold out.

    The pre-sale will begin at Noon ET on Tuesday, October 5 and run through 11 a.m. ET on Wednesday, October 6, permitting ticket availability. Any tickets that remain will go on sale to the general public at Noon ET on Wednesday, October 6. There will be small number of tickets held for Wednesday.

    Tickets start at $96, plus applicable taxes and fees. All tickets include admission to both games.
    This doesn’t sound like it was an Iron Dukes/duke ticket office email, but one that came directly from MSG?

    Anyone seen anything similar or have intel re: the Gonzaga game? I signed up via iron dukes but still waiting on intel…

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by SilkyJ View Post
    This doesn’t sound like it was an Iron Dukes/duke ticket office email, but one that came directly from MSG?

    Anyone seen anything similar or have intel re: the Gonzaga game? I signed up via iron dukes but still waiting on intel…

    I called the Iron Dukes office about 2 weeks ago and there was not much useful intel. The representative I spoke with did not know how many tickets would be given to Duke nor when they would received the ticket allotment from the T-Mobile Arena. The only new information I have seen on the event website is that game time has been set for 7:30PM.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Manhattan
    Quote Originally Posted by Coballs View Post
    The only new information I have seen on the event website is that game time has been set for 7:30PM.
    That may be the start of the first game—Kansas and Michigan State. I believe we’re the second of the two games in the double-header, which means ours would start closer to 9:30.

    EDIT: I think Coballs was talking about the Gonzaga game in Vegas. I was talking about the Champions Classic game in MSG.
    Last edited by Native; 10-05-2021 at 02:59 PM.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Native View Post
    That may be the start of the first game—Kansas and Michigan State. I believe we’re the second of the two games in the double-header, which means ours would start closer to 9:30.
    Well, it will be listed for 9:30. Realistically if the first game is at 7:30 we can probably expect to start more around 10:00 by the time the first game is over and the next teams have a chance to warm up.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Mount Kisco, NY
    Quote Originally Posted by Native View Post
    I’m in the same boat—I signed up for the presale but haven’t heard or seen anything. Historically, upper-level tickets for this event go for way less than the prices on the secondary market right now.
    Thanks to Native's link (above), I signed up, got my email yesterday, and just scored my tickets via Ticketmaster. Had I not flaked and logged on right at Noon instead of 3, I'd probably have gotten better seats. There are still a lot of tickets available, they are in the upper sections, but it looked like at least 500-1000.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Honolulu
    Quote Originally Posted by SilkyJ View Post
    This doesn’t sound like it was an Iron Dukes/duke ticket office email, but one that came directly from MSG?

    Anyone seen anything similar or have intel re: the Gonzaga game? I signed up via iron dukes but still waiting on intel…
    I don't know if Duke had any tickets available, but tickets for the Gonzaga game were on sale months ago. It looks like it is completely sold out except for re-sale tickets.

    I actually bought the last 7 tickets in the arena that weren't single seats (got a group of 4 and a group of 3) back on June 25.

  17. #17
    The general public sale happened today and tickets were almost gone immediately. I had a really tough time trying to find tickets on the Ticketmaster site, so much so that I gave up after about 10 minutes. I came back about a half hour later and then snagged a pair of decent pair (200 level, 1st row behind one of the baskets) by virtue of my Chase card.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Southbury, CT
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    The general public sale happened today and tickets were almost gone immediately. I had a really tough time trying to find tickets on the Ticketmaster site, so much so that I gave up after about 10 minutes. I came back about a half hour later and then snagged a pair of decent pair (200 level, 1st row behind one of the baskets) by virtue of my Chase card.
    I used the Ticketmaster iPhone app and was able to snag two tickets in Section 262, Row 10. Not the greatest but will likely be my only chance to see the team this year. Unless my nephew can get me some tickets in the Carrier Dome...

    By the way, I like using this website to see what the view from seats are when I haven't been to the arena. They often show views of the different setups for concerts and sporting events. The website is a bit clunky but it does the job.

    https://aviewfrommyseat.com/
    Good people drink good beer. -Hunter S. Thompson

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Mary's Place
    Looking now; single seats available. :-(
    "Quality is not an option!"

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooch View Post
    I used the Ticketmaster iPhone app and was able to snag two tickets in Section 262, Row 10. Not the greatest but will likely be my only chance to see the team this year. Unless my nephew can get me some tickets in the Carrier Dome...

    By the way, I like using this website to see what the view from seats are when I haven't been to the arena. They often show views of the different setups for concerts and sporting events. The website is a bit clunky but it does the job.

    https://aviewfrommyseat.com/
    The ACCT this season is at the Barclays Center. I'm tempted to go if they make it to the semis and beyond. My soon-to-arrive kid will be about 3 months old by then, so hard to make plans.

Similar Threads

  1. Tickets to the Champions Classic on Sale Oct 1st
    By jimrowe0 in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-01-2013, 10:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •