Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RIP Janet Hill

RIP Janet Hill

The Dallas Cowboys have sent out a press release sending condolences to Calvin and Grant Hill on the passing of Janet Hlll, Grant’s mother. No info on how she passed.

Janet was quite the accomplished woman in her own right, she attended Wellesley College and graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in Mathematics in 1969. As many know, she was Hillary Clinton’s roommate. Janet attended the University of Chicago Graduate School and the Graduate School of Education and, in 1972, received a Masters of Arts in Teaching Mathematics. She served on the board of directors for the Carlyle Group and was a Trustee at Duke
    if I remember correctly.

Thoughts with Grant and the entire Hill family.

Quote Originally Posted by nmduke2001 View Post
    The Dallas Cowboys have sent out a press release...
    You can find that press release here.

Stunning news. I'm reading Grant Hill's book right now.

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    You can find that press release here.

Stunning news. I'm reading Grant Hill's book right now.
    A bio on the very impressive, Janet Hill
    https://competentboards.com/leader/janet-hill/

Oh no. Oh, poor Grant and Calvin. Terrible terrible news

Very sad news. Prayers for Grant and his family. RIP Janet Hill.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

The Dallas Cowboys have sent out a press release sending condolences to Calvin and Grant Hill on the passing of Janet Hlll, Grant’s mother. No info on how she passed.

Janet was quite the accomplished woman in her own right, she attended Wellesley College and graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in Mathematics in 1969. As many know, she was Hillary Clinton’s roommate. Janet attended the University of Chicago Graduate School and the Graduate School of Education and, in 1972, received a Masters of Arts in Teaching Mathematics. She served on the board of directors for the Carlyle Group and was a Trustee at Duke
    if I remember correctly.

So sorry to hear this. She was going to get the University Medal this year at Founders day. I met her several times. She had a great love for the University.

A bio on the very impressive, Janet Hill
    https://competentboards.com/leader/janet-hill/
    What an amazing career she had. Her service to Duke alone was very substantial.

I remember stories about how strict of a parent she was with young and then teen-aged Grant. Yet another of her ventures that turned out well!

Very sad news. Brilliant and accomplished woman.

Wow this is sad news. She led a very amazing life and did a lot to make this a better world. May the Hill family find peace and remember all the good times they had with her.

I had the pleasure of meeting Janet years ago. A force of nature and an incredible person. Absolutely electric person to speak with. After 5 minutes you wanted to run through a wall of fire for her. Her passion for Duke was legendary. She recruited my mother to join a parents committee years ago at Duke...to hear her speak about how Duke developed true leaders was one of the greatest recruiting pitches. RIP

Quote Originally Posted by TheTrain View Post
    I had the pleasure of meeting Janet years ago. A force of nature and an incredible person. Absolutely electric person to speak with. After 5 minutes you wanted to run through a wall of fire for her. Her passion for Duke was legendary. She recruited my mother to join a parents committee years ago at Duke...to hear her speak about how Duke developed true leaders was one of the greatest recruiting pitches. RIP
    Here is the Duke Today story

https://today.duke.edu/2022/08/duke-...ll-dies-age-74

very sad news....condolences to the family...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Calvin was my (twin) uncles’ friend, teammate and roommate at Yale. I am so saddened for him and Grant and the Hill family generally. May you find solace in each other and hopefully a little strength from the love you’re getting from all the people you all have touched.

Grant Hill has tweeted out a statement from the Hill family: https://twitter.com/realgranthill33/...69805329915905

Apparently Janet had glioblastoma. Diagnosed last year. I had no idea she was sick.

Janet Hill.jpg
    "I swear Roy must redeem extra timeouts at McDonald's the day after the game for free hamburgers." --Posted on InsideCarolina, 2/18/2015

I'm very sorry to read this. My condolences to the Hill family.
    I will never talk about That Game. GTHC.

In The Washington Post (August 20) Sports section Kevin B Blackistone has a terrific tribute to Janet Hill’s life “In a family of all-stars, Janet Hill truly shined”

if I remember correctly.

It's a small matter, and the focus should obviously be on what a great person Janet Hill was and on condolences to the family--but she was not Hillary Clinton's roommate--though she was her classmate and they knew each other at college. https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/race-activism-and-hillary-clinton-at-wellesley
    Apprently, according to the cited article, this belief stemmed from a misstatement by Dick Vitale.

Quote Originally Posted by WV_Iron_Duke View Post
    In The Washington Post (August 20) Sports section Kevin B Blackistone has a terrific tribute to Janet Hill’s life “In a family of all-stars, Janet Hill truly shined”
    Blackistone is a good guy. His many years in Dallas also well acquainted him with the Hill family, and that comes through in the article.

Quote Originally Posted by MCFinARL View Post
    Apprently, according to the cited article, this belief stemmed from a misstatement by Dick Vitale.
    Surely, you jest.

Quote Originally Posted by 75Crazie View Post
    Surely, you jest.
    Quit calling him Shirley