Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Sagarin's college football rankings right now --
    Factoring in the home field advantage. Having twice as many live fans VS cardboard cutouts brings a raucous environment that should put fear in the hearts of the Jayhawks.

I’m really thinking the Duke offense can be as successful, if not more, than their first half last Saturday. Hoping they can translate that success into a complete game domination.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    As I asked earlier in the week, can Duke handle success?
    In case anyone missed it, this is definitely worth a read: https://www.dukebasketballreport.com...big-ten-big-12

Duke certainly didn’t handle success with aplomb in the NW game, but they handled it well enough to win, didn’t they.

I am hoping I have no need to watch the second half of the Kansas game.
    Carolina delenda est

Duke can’t commit turnovers. Duke is even in Turnover Margin but Kansas is +2. The Jayhawks have not thrown an interception this season. Our Blue Devils need to change that.
    Bob Green

Kansas gives up 225.3 rushing yards per game, which ranks 121 of 130 FBS teams. While establishing offensive balance is always a Coach Cutcliffe priority, it is likely we will look to run the ball to setup the pass.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Kansas gives up 225.3 rushing yards per game, which ranks 121 of 130 FBS teams. While establishing offensive balance is always a Coach Cutcliffe priority, it is likely we will look to run the ball to setup the pass.
    Looking forward to Mataeo Durant channeling his inner Shaun Wilson and having a great game.

How do they do against the bubble pass though?

Quote Originally Posted by PDDuke85 View Post
    Looking forward to Mataeo Durant channeling his inner Shaun Wilson and having a great game.
    I like it. Shaun Wilson set the single game record (that Durant just broke) against Kansas in Durham. A new record for Durant would be great.

Makes sense to me but in the first half last week I loved the long pass pressure out of the gate to set up the run.

Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    Makes sense to me but in the first half last week I loved the long pass pressure out of the gate to set up the run.
    I can’t argue your point. The 50 yard completion to Darrell Harding was a tone setter.
    Bob Green

Phil Steele predicts 37-20 Duke

I'd like to think he's underselling our offense a bit. Especially if we can come of the gate firing like last week.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    How do they do against the bubble pass though?
    You sir, could use a little time out. I had concocted the perfect morning elixir of 1 part coffee to 8.5 parts cream and sugar and now it's ruined.

Quote Originally Posted by luvdahops View Post

I'd like to think he's underselling our offense a bit. Especially if we can come of the gate firing like last week.
    Last time we complained about point spreads was Charlotte...

Quote Originally Posted by luvdahops View Post

Let's hope we don't put our six guns away at half time like we did last week.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I have a bet with my boss - he took Kansas with the points. Should I be worried?
    You've fallen victim to one of the classic blunders... You know, "never get involved in a land war in Asia," "never bet on a Duke football game," etc. If you don't believe me, ask Jason about it. I imagine he's still reeling from the Charlotte wager debacle.

Screens and short passes can work just fine... when you get blocking like this: https://twitter.com/DukeFOOTBALL/sta...76500960825344
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by Papa John View Post
    You've fallen victim to one of the classic blunders... You know, "never get involved in a land war in Asia," "never bet on a Duke football game," etc. If you don't believe me, ask Jason about it. I imagine he's still reeling from the Charlotte wager debacle.
    Me... pretty much throughout the entire second half of the Charlotte game:
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by Papa John View Post
    We haven't set the stakes - he left that open. I'm going to go with $50 to the winner's favorite charity. That way, no one really loses.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Last time we complained about point spreads was Charlotte...
    Point taken. One definition of insanity...

Duke looks to win its third straight game today. The last time we won a third straight game was on 9/27/2019 when we thrashed Virginia Tech 45-10.

Duke is a 16 points favorite in Vegas.

ESPN Football Power Index gives Duke 90.6% chance to win.

I’m nervous.
    Bob Green

Duke looks to win its third straight game today. The last time we won a third straight game was on 9/27/2019 when we thrashed Virginia Tech 45-10.

Duke is a 16 points favorite in Vegas.

ESPN Football Power Index gives Duke 90.6% chance to win.

I’m nervous.
    I'm nervous too. Especially if Kansas brings their own officiating crew like NW did. That crew slowed the offense down and allowed the NW
    front four on D to continue to lollygag on and off the field. That's right a bunch of lollygagers. Plus they were a bit creative in their penalties.
    Never thought I'd say I hope ACC refs show up. Somebody put me out of my misery.