Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by johnb View Post
    In the 11 years between 2010 and 2020, Oak Hill had 60 players sign div I bball scholarships.
    https://www.oakhillhoops.com/ncaadivisioniplayers
    Yeah, but they also had Makhtar Ndiaye, so... Kind of a wash.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    Welcome Caleb! Scheyer gets a 5 star point guard in the truck. He is recruiting his tail off thus far.

Foster will be the 4th Oak Hill alum ever to play Men’s Basketball at Duke by my count, joining William Avery, Nolan Smith, and Quinn Cook.

Cook played his first 3 years of high school basketball at DeMatha before transferring to Oak Hill for his senior season.
    The fact that all 3 of those played in a national title game certainly provides good vibes.
    "Just be you. You is Enough."

Quote Originally Posted by gam7 View Post
    I believe Harry Giles is an alum of Oak Hill too. He transferred there for his senior year, but played less than a quarter of a single game before tearing his ACL.
    That is correct, I forgot about HG3.

Good kid.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD83 View Post
    After missing on Uwe Blab in the mid 1980s I still have doubts about Coach K's recruiting ability
    " Blab Sign? How about Jimmy Miller? " Nightly echo of the Garry Dornburg show (probably years after they graduated) on at 7pm, WRAL Radio; must listen radio for evening lab dwellers.
    Yes, that was Jimmy (you ran over my dog) Miller who later committed to Virginia as Terry Holland used his can't miss AUTO-matic recruiting technique.

If the statement in bold above was the kernel of a drinking game, I never would have made it out of that semester.

And a Welcome to Caleb!!

Larry
    DevilHorse
    Last edited by DevilHorse; 09-17-2021 at 04:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gep View Post
    Sorry… already a few years past Social Security Retirement Age…
    You can still commit, just no player eligibility!

Fantastic get for the program. Really excited to see him in action.

Whoa, this came out of nowhere. I am not too familiar with Caleb, but I love big point guards, and this kid obviously has a great head on his shoulders if he chose Duke this early on. More than happy to welcome another Oak Hill product, where former national champions Nolan Smith (who I understand was the main recruiter behind this commit), and Quinn Cook played in high school. WELCOME TO DUKE!

Quote Originally Posted by SilkyJ View Post
    It’s not unprecedented, but it seems super early for a 2023 commitment…has there been any rumor of a reclass? I’m on record as a tad worried about our PG situation in ‘22…
    I would be fairly surprised (but not shocked) if Jeremy Roach declared for the draft after his sophomore year. Not that I don't think he's eventually going to be an NBA player, but he doesn't really strike me as a guy who has a ton of ability to raise his draft stock, and he's currently not projected to be draft in any 2022 mock drafts. Obviously, he could improve his shooting and playmaking (and I expect him to), but IMO, his size and relative lack of athleticism should keep him in school past this season. I think he would be a contender for All-ACC as a junior.
    Last edited by kAzE; 09-20-2021 at 11:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegas View Post
    It’s still super early to make a judgement on this…IMO.
    C'mon, dude, BASK!

It's not like we nano-pundits on fan sites have any karmic impact.

Nobody has said this to my knowledge but I get a Jeff Capel vibe from him and his videos.

Quote Originally Posted by kAzE View Post
    I would be fairly surprised (but not shocked) if Jeremy Roach declared for the draft after his sophomore year. Not that I don't think he's eventually going to be an NBA player, but he doesn't really strike me as a guy who has a ton of ability to raise his draft stock, and he's currently not projected to be draft in any 2022 mock drafts. Obviously, he could improve his shooting and playmaking (and I expect him to), but IMO, his size and relative lack of athleticism should keep him in school past this season. I think he would be a contender for All-ACC as a junior.
    Um, Don’t you go pro once your stock is at the peak? If you get to be a top 5 pick then you go pro bc your stock can’t get any higher. If he doesn’t have a chance to raise his draft stock, then why stick around? That’s why Hurt went pro. He was undrafted, but he left early bc he did everything he could in college and his stock wasn’t going to get any higher after leading Duke in scoring and shooting the lights out.

Um, Don’t you go pro once your stock is at the peak? If you get to be a top 5 pick then you go pro bc your stock can’t get any higher. If he doesn’t have a chance to raise his draft stock, then why stick around? That’s why Hurt went pro. He was undrafted, but he left early bc he did everything he could in college and his stock wasn’t going to get any higher after leading Duke in scoring and shooting the lights out.
    I’ll agree with this if Roach has a chance to be in the NBA or high level in an overseas league. But if your stock won’t be that high, why not get the degree, enjoy 4 years as high level college b-ball player and develop other career skills? Hurt’s situation and Roach’s situation don’t seem that similar to me.

I dunno, be the starting point guard for the #1 team in the country? Compete for a national championship? Play a single game in the NCAA tournament? Matthew Hurt never did.

Quote Originally Posted by kAzE View Post
    I dunno, be the starting point guard for the #1 team in the country? Compete for a national championship? Play a single game in the NCAA tournament? Matthew Hurt never did.
    Yeah, not to look too far ahead but having Jeremy back as a junior next year would be incredible with that crop of young superstars coming in. We didn’t recruit a star PG so I’m sure that’s Coach J’s hope as well - but these kids are unpredictable.

Caleb Foster was in action with the Virginia Gold AAU team in Las Vegas over the weekend. He put up a pair of impressive performances against high-major competition. On Saturday, he scored 20 points with 11 assists and 5 rebounds and the on Sunday in the Championship Game scored 15 pts 8 rebs 3 asts and 2 blks. The Sunday game was against Prolific Prep of California. Bronny James and Amari Bailey sat out the games due to injuries. Still, that roster featured many top 2022 and '23 prospects, including Dior Johnson, MJ Rice, and Adem Bona. Foster was calm, cool, and collected against the older opponents he faced, showing a number of great passes, hitting shots from all over, and generally playing with poise. He's a standout PG. He doesn't have that WOW factor that some of the very best high school prospects possess, but he plays the game at an extremely high level.

I wanted to bump up this thread on Caleb Foster bc in a recent article, this week, Foster is still making the decision if he will reclass to 2022 or not. Scheyer has options at the last starting to be: 1) a guy from the portal, 2) Keels returning or 3) Reclass Foster...

Quote Originally Posted by KKDL19 View Post
    I wanted to bump up this thread on Caleb Foster bc in a recent article, this week, Foster is still making the decision if he will reclass to 2022 or not. Scheyer has options at the last starting to be: 1) a guy from the portal, 2) Keels returning or 3) Reclass Foster...
    Link?

Quote Originally Posted by KKDL19 View Post
    if it's the same article I read, the headline was pretty misleading (surprise!). Sounds like he's pretty comfortable staying put in 2023 which I think is definitely the right move.

Caleb Foster has made the roster for the USA men's U18 3x3 team. He follows in the footsteps of Kyle Filipowski, who played for the team last year.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    Caleb Foster has made the roster for the USA men's U18 3x3 team. He follows in the footsteps of Kyle Filipowski, who played for the team last year.

Who do I have to murder or bribe (I'll do either) to get good basketball players to represent the USA in 3x3 basketball at the senior level?
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?