Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    you're posting too fast please wait 60 seconds to post again... or until the nw defense has finished switching players at light speed. whichever comes last.

but seriously, at what point does it become delay of game?
    It is annoying, but once we saw them doing the slow jog we could have stopped them by not subbing ourselves. We could have stopped it and chose not to.

On the brighter side, it's a road win against a B1G team.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Duke hung on making plays when they had to make them. The phantom pass interference call was nerve wracking. Blackwell didn’t touch the receiver.
    Just prior to that pass interference call was the 4th-and-4 pass completion by Duke... with a very generous spot for a first down... which was overturned on the replay (rightly so). There were several calls which did not go Duke's way down the stretch. I was convinced the game was slipping away. However, NW's poor quarterback play eventually sealed their fate. We won't be so lucky against better teams.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleBlue View Post
    Just prior to that pass interference call was the 4th-and-4 pass completion by Duke... with a very generous spot for a first down... which was overturned on the replay (rightly so). There were several calls which did not go Duke's way down the stretch. I was convinced the game was slipping away. However, NW's poor quarterback play eventually sealed their fate. We won't be so lucky against better teams.
    i mean not to mention the egregious uncalled pi on that play too

i mean not to mention the egregious uncalled pi on that play too
    The defender hit our receiver before the pass arrived... which is why he was short of the 1st down... and should have been called pass interference... although he caught the ball. I think sometimes the refs make up for that by giving a generous spot... so Duke got a bad shake.

Duke was +2 on turnovers: NU committed 5 to our 3.

Holmberg passed for over 300 yards. The team can build off this victory but things remain to clean up.
    Bob Green

I think we should give Hunter Johnson a game ball for his first half play. Knowing of course that he will toss it back to us.

Holmberg passed for over 300 yards. The team can build off this victory but things remain to clean up.
    Agreed... many positives. Durant with 102 yards. Time of possession Duke 38 to NW 22 (rounded off).

They still need to clean up the penalties... 10 for 104 yards.

i feel like it should be 5* since it was really six. cut was visibly livid and calling out the previous non call... and rightfully so.

i feel like it should be 5* since it was really six. cut was visibly livid and calling out the previous non call... and rightfully so.
    Agreed. The phantom PI call on Blackwell was atrocious.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post
    I think we should give Hunter Johnson a game ball for his first half play. Knowing of course that he will toss it back to us.
    They've suffered enough. I asked a NW fan that was lost on campus to pledge neither team would take Clemson transfers again. Today's backup QB will be the most popular person on campus the rest of the season.

Not a pretty 3rd quarter.

I'm glad the ACC assigns our officials next year. The PI was the worst call I've seen since the 4th quarter of the Pitt game in 2017, but it's too soon to be the worst call I've seen in Wally Wade.

Quote Originally Posted by duke2x View Post
    They've suffered enough. I asked a NW fan that was lost on campus to pledge neither team would take Clemson transfers again. Today's backup QB will be the most popular person on campus the rest of the season.

I'm glad the ACC assigns our officials next year. The PI was the worst call I've seen since the 4th quarter of the Pitt game in 2017, but it's too soon to be the worst call I've seen in Wally Wade.
    Win is good,but collapse in the second half is disappointing. Lot of lousy calls by the refs,but not the smartest moves by our team. I agree with other comments. We have to clean up our execution. Coaching needs to get better.We got the athletes,but need competent defense. Holmberg is improving as are his receivers. Durant is outstanding,but he can't fumble like he did today.

Winless Georgia State, loser by 40+ to Cheats last week, beat Charlotte and held them to under 300 total yards offense. I’m sure we’d like to replay our first game.

Jim Sumner recap on the front page:

https://www.dukebasketballreport.com...nt-acc-big-ten
    Bob Green

Jim Sumner recap on the front page:

https://www.dukebasketballreport.com...nt-acc-big-ten
    Awesome as always, Mr. Sumner. We’re lucky to have you, bud.

i’ll take it.

Quote Originally Posted by duke2x View Post

nothing will ever top the ending to the miami game. ever.
    1200. DDMF.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleBlue View Post
    Or less unlucky with better refs.

Defensive subs

Quote Originally Posted by Bike4Fun View Post
    Since the play clock is running, how long does the defense have to sub? There has to be a limit, or else you force a play clock penalty or a timeout by the offense?
    Answered my own question. How much time to defensive sub?
    The answer is promptly, so refs' decision if you are prompt or not. First time you aren't "prompt", ref gives you a delay of game. Second time, you get an unsportsmanlike. Page 60 at Penalty [c-d] http://www.amarefs.org/FR19.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Bike4Fun View Post
    Answered my own question. How much time to defensive sub?
    The answer is promptly, so refs' decision if you are prompt or not. First time you aren't "prompt", ref gives you a delay of game. Second time, you get an unsportsmanlike. Page 60 at Penalty [c-d] http://www.amarefs.org/FR19.pdf
    NW was not substituting promptly, and should have been penalized. However, as someone mentioned up thread, Duke could have adapted, and stopped substituting on offense.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    NW was not substituting promptly, and should have been penalized. However, as someone mentioned up thread, Duke could have adapted, and stopped substituting on offense.
    Maybe our staff felt our substitution was more important to winning that the NW slowness?