Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Adam had three birdies and zero bogeys today, excellent, steady round.

Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    Long finishes -3 for the day and -7 overall for 3rd place with many left on the course. I expect him to be around 10th going into the weekend. Smalley and Streelman have just tied off in the last few minutes.
    I severely underestimated how hard the course would play in the afternoon. Long stayed in 3rd three shots off the lead. Smalley and Streelman both made the cut(+1) at Even.

Streelman and Smalley playing together in 3rd round. They tee off #10 at 11:32 am.
    Bob Green

The final round is in the books in Houston: Adam Long is T-11; Alex Smalley is T-15, and Kevin Streelman fades to T-50.

Next up for the PGA Tour is the RSM Classic on Sea Island, GA, November 18-21.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Long 168k
    Smalley 125k
    Streelman 18k

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    The final round is in the books in Houston: Adam Long is T-11; Alex Smalley is T-15, and Kevin Streelman fades to T-50.

Next up for the PGA Tour is the RSM Classic on Sea Island, GA, November 18-21.
    I believe all three are playing in the RSM.
    I will be carrying a score sign again this year, and hope I get a Duke player 🤞🏻

So the three head for Sea Island this week. Adam is FedEx#43, Alex is #51, Kevin is #126. I look for Streelman to step it up soon, perhaps on the coast this week.

After day 1 at RSM classic, Long is tied for 34th at -5, Smalley is tied for 83rd at 13, Streelman is 106th at -2. It was a very calm day and so scores were low. But tomorrow the winds should pick up and Long will be playing the course that is tougher in the wind (Seaside). Streelman and Smalley played that course today, and so could pick up a few strokes on the half of the field that moves to Seaside tomorrow.

I carried the sign for a good group: Kisner, English, Streb. Kisner had a bad day and Streb ended up at -4. English finished at -3 after giving back three strokes on the last two holes. It was a beautiful day in Sea Island!

Quote Originally Posted by Tooold View Post
    After day 1 at RSM classic, Long is tied for 34th at -5, Smalley is tied for 83rd at 13, Streelman is 106th at -2. It was a very calm day and so scores were low. But tomorrow the winds should pick up and Long will be playing the course that is tougher in the wind (Seaside). Streelman and Smalley played that course today, and so could pick up a few strokes on the half of the field that moves to Seaside tomorrow.

I carried the sign for a good group: Kisner, English, Streb. Kisner had a bad day and Streb ended up at -4. English finished at -3 after giving back three strokes on the last two holes. It was a beautiful day in Sea Island!
    Nice! Sounds like a great day.

I assume you meant to say that Smalley is tied for 83rd at -3?
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

Nice! Although my son doesn't know this yet (all of this is a surprise), we have a tee time to play the Seaside course on December 27th, as we make our way down to Ponte Vedra to play TPC Sawgrass. Happy Holidays to us!
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Nice! Sounds like a great day.

I assume you meant to say that Smalley is tied for 83rd at -3?
    Yes I did intend to say that!

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Nice! Although my son doesn't know this yet (all of this is a surprise), we have a tee time to play the Seaside course on December 27th, as we make our way down to Ponte Vedra to play TPC Sawgrass. Happy Holidays to us!
    Wow! I think you will like Seaside (as well as TPC Sawgrass. Ponte Vedra is very nice). Will you stay at the Lodge at Seaside, or will you drive straight to Ponte Vedra?

Have some Southern Soul if you like BBQ. It’s just on the other side of the airport from entrance to the golf courses.

Wow! I think you will like Seaside (as well as TPC Sawgrass. Ponte Vedra is very nice). Will you stay at the Lodge at Seaside, or will you drive straight to Ponte Vedra?

Have some Southern Soul if you like BBQ. It’s just on the other side of the airport from entrance to the golf courses.
    We'll come down in the morning, against a Noon'ish tee time, and stay a night at the Inn. We'll drive to Ponte Vedra the next day, and play Sawgrass the following morning before heading to St. Augustine (with tee times set to play King & Bear and Squire & Slammer at the World Golf Hall of Fame).

This is our last Christmas trip with him before he heads to college, so we figured why not blow it out.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

We'll come down in the morning, against a Noon'ish tee time, and stay a night at the Inn. We'll drive to Ponte Vedra the next day, and play Sawgrass the following morning before heading to St. Augustine (with tee times set to play King & Bear and Squire & Slammer at the World Golf Hall of Fame).

This is our last Christmas trip with him before he heads to college, so we figured why not blow it out.
    If possible, hang out at the Lodge after your round and watch the bagpiper. He plays every night around sunset over by the ocean and the 10th hole for Plantation course, and you can watch from the Lodge patio. He should be playing around 5:00ish, I think. The Golden Ray (the huge car carrier, fully loaded with cars, that capsized in the St Simons Sound in 2019) should be about gone by then! They have been working to dismantle it for 2 years…pretty amazing engineering project.

Nice! And jealous!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

If possible, hang out at the Lodge after your round and watch the bagpiper. He plays every night around sunset over by the ocean and the 10th hole for Plantation course, and you can watch from the Lodge patio. He should be playing around 5:00ish, I think. The Golden Ray (the huge car carrier, fully loaded with cars, that capsized in the St Simons Sound in 2019) should be about gone by then! They have been working to dismantle it for 2 years…pretty amazing engineering project.
    Ah yes, new thread title: "Dukies on the 2022 PGA and LPGA Tour Courses."
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Ah yes, new thread title: "Dukies on the 2022 PGA and LPGA Tour Courses."
    Thanks and both Boutier and Harigae in 2nd place one back of leader in important finale of LPGA.

Streelman (-5) and Long (-4) both made the cut. Smalley missed at -3. The leader is Taylor Gooch at -13. It was extremely windy today and there were some high scores.

Celine Boutier has a 4 stroke lead at -14 after two rounds, with Mina Harigae one of three tied for second. Leona is tied for 19th at -6.

Saturday tee times:

Kevin Streelman, 9:36 am, #10
    Adam Long, 10:20 am, #10
    Bob Green