Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    Streeman just aced #12 in the John Deere!

Quote Originally Posted by seacap29 View Post
    Cool and may make Top 10 on SC. He’s -5 on the day, too bad he started so far back.

I just watched the replay and his little dance/celebration was great!

Streelman cards a -5 (66) today to finish the tournament at -9. He had four birdies, one eagle and one bogey. Hole 18 got ‘em.
    Bob Green

Bob Green

Smalley with his second eagle of the day on #14 and is now four under on his round and -11 overall. Long is at -12 now thru 8 holes (-2 on the day).

Nice little article on Streelman:

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/kev...dance-reaction
    Bad officials are elected by good citizens who do not vote. - George Jean Nathan

Alex Smalley will play this week in a tough international field in the Genesis Scottish Open. Meanwhile, in Nicholasville,Ky., Kevin Streelman and Julian Suri are in the Barbasol field. Suri has been playing the European Tour and recently has not done well making only one cut in the last five events.

JP McManus Pro Am

Anybody catch the JP McManus Pro-Am warmups today (on the Golf Channel).

Had a nice little scene there with Tiger Woods warming up, chipping some balls onto a green and talking with ... Leona McGuire and a caddy.
    So the commentators are watching him hit the balls, Tiger stops and walks over and is engaged in this conversation.
    leona2.jpg
    leona1.jpg
    The commentators are fascinated by this.
    They talked about Leona's status of being the first Irish women to win on the LPGA tour and her great contribution in the Solheim Cup, and how Tiger is so much more approachable now. An interesting 4 or 5 minutes.

Larry
    DevilHorse

Alex goes off early with a 7:25 AM tee time on Thursday. I believe that's 2:25 AM for those of us on the east coast. He'll be in the clubhouse by the time I wake up, so hopefully he can get by without me cheering him on.

At least the 28 MPH winds of tomorrow should be gone by the weekend. The weather looks good, always tricky where the Firth of Forth (always loved that) meets the North Sea.

Edit: I believe this will be the toughest field Alex has ever faced. 9 of the top 10 FedEx Cup players are there. Thursday morning tee times will have the advantage of lower wind speeds, but that will probably reverse on him Friday. Even then, early in the 2nd set is still probably advantageous. Wishing him the best.
    Last edited by dudog84; 07-05-2022 at 06:04 PM.
    Bad officials are elected by good citizens who do not vote. - George Jean Nathan

Kevin Streelman plays in the Barbasol Championship this week. His Thursday tee time is 07:18 am.
    Bob Green

If you can trust weather.com, Alex definitely got the good end of the draw. Winds of 7-8 mph for the morning groups tomorrow, 11-19 for the afternoon groups. On Friday, 15-19 in the morning, 20-21 in the afternoon.

Of the 9 top-10 guys in the field, only Scheffler, Smith, and Burns have Thursday morning tee times. The other 6 go off in the afternoon.

Alex Smalley shot 67 today in Scotland and is a very early T5. Nice!

Alex Smalley shot 67 today in Scotland and is a very early T5. Nice!
    A very good first round! Six shots better than the #1 player in the world. Tomorrow afternoon with 20 mph winds will test him but he's in great shape.

Kevin Streelman shot a -6 (66) this morning in Round 1 of the Barbasol Championship. He is currently T7.
    Bob Green

Looks like Smalley will go into Friday sitting on a T7. Go get 'em, Alex!

My local paper wrote today that Rory is the only top-15 OWGR golfer not in the field. The Scottish Open is one step below a major, it's a big stage for Alex.

Alex tees off at Noon:35 tomorrow (7:35 EDT). Will be a different course for him, winds in the low 20s. I hope he plays well, the cut should be +2 or +3. If he holds serve (shoots par) he should be in great shape heading into the weekend.

Alex on fire early. A good weekend could get him into The Open. The top 3 finishers not already qualified get an invitation.

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    Alex on fire early. A good weekend could get him into The Open. The top 3 finishers not already qualified get an invitation.
    Ugh, I went to check on what he was doing after reading your post- and he immediately double bogeys

Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    Ugh, I went to check on what he was doing after reading your post- and he immediately double bogeys
    Yeah, I just checked back in myself. Crap. Even I don't 4-putt from 30 feet...usually.

Lot of golf left.