Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Kevin Streelman and Alex Smalley are both T41 at -8 headed to today’s final round.

Tee Times:

Streelman, 12:20
    Smalley, 12:30
    Bob Green

This week the PGA stays in Vegas with the CJ Cup. It's a no cut event and Streelman is entered.

Not a good opening day in Las Vegas (CJ Cup) for Streelman as he shot a 75 placing him near last in the small field of only 78 golfers. Looking for a rally from Kevin tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by seacap29 View Post
    Not a good opening day in Las Vegas (CJ Cup) for Streelman as he shot a 75 placing him near last in the small field of only 78 golfers. Looking for a rally from Kevin tomorrow.
    One thing for him, there is no cut in the CJ Cup. He will be around for 4 days and get a check.

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    One thing for him, there is no cut in the CJ Cup. He will be around for 4 days and get a check.
    Toss the ball all over the course and shoot an 85 and you would still get $15,600. Nice work if you can find it
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

But if it rains for a day, my $15,600 may not cover my bartab.

Better day for Kevin with a 70, but he is last in the small field.

Kept checking on Streelman during the dreadful football game and got a needed Duke uplift, Kevin shooting a 63 today in Vegas.

Kept checking on Streelman during the dreadful football game and got a needed Duke uplift, Kevin shooting a 63 today in Vegas.
    Great news! Thanks for sharing.
    Bob Green

Ten birdies, one bogey. I'm as likely to accomplish the latter as the former.

Streelman shoots-5 (67) today in a bogey free round.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by 4Gen View Post
    It's been a LONG time since I played golf. But I had lots of rounds with only one bogey.

Unfortunately, the other 17 holes were worse than bogeys.

Which is one reason I don't play golf anymore.

Another week another PGA event. This time in Chiba, Japan. Adam Long will play.

Adam Long opened with a 72 in Japan and is T52.

By the way for those interested the Korn Ferry Tour begins on January 12 in the Bahamas. The tour stays in the Bahamas for a second week then heads to Panama and Columbia before returning to Florida. Not sure who from Duke will be playing this coming season (perhaps, Roach, Blaum, others?)

By the way for those interested the Korn Ferry Tour begins on January 12 in the Bahamas. The tour stays in the Bahamas for a second week then heads to Panama and Columbia before returning to Florida. Not sure who from Duke will be playing this coming season (perhaps, Roach, Blaum, others?)
    Ryan Blaum is listed as a member of the regular PGA Tour -- although not sure what his restrictions might be. Wes Roach doesn't seem to be on either.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Thanks. Hoping we haven't seen the last of either

Adam shot -3 67 today in Japan and is T-20.
    Sage Grouse

'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Adam shot -3 67 today in Japan and is T-20.
    Adam Long finished the Zozo Championship at -1, T-25, earning $78,000.

Next stop is the Butterfield Bermuda Championship at the Port Royal Golf Course, Southampton, BER • Purse: $6,500,000.
    The tour continues then with the Mayakoba tournament at Riviera Maya in the Yucatan, Mexico, where Adam was the runner-up two years ago.

There is a one-week break at Thanksgiving and three weeks off around Christmas and New Year's. Otherwise, the PGA Tour is continuous.
    Sage Grouse

Alex Smalley will play Thursday in Bermuda. Guess traveling from Japan to Bermuda was a little much for Adam Long. He will sit this one out as will Kevin Streelman.