Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2129303132 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    Thank you for compiling that list- I’m using it while watching. It looks like Hodges was a guy who had a chance to pass Alex but just missed a putt on 18 to keep him outside.

Edit: hope this isn’t a jinx but Alex is currently sitting right at #70��
    Yes, I was watching Hodges as well, he was -6 but missed a 5-foot par putt on 18. Looks like he started too far back at the beginning of the day. Alex has been bouncing in and out of the top-70 all day. I bet this is more nerve-wracking for him than actually playing.

I'm now watching Frittelli as well. Scott not so much as he is on fire and looks safe.
    Bad officials are elected by good citizens who do not vote. - George Jean Nathan

Wyndham Clark just bogeyed 17. That may have finally secured Alex a spot next week.
    Bad officials are elected by good citizens who do not vote. - George Jean Nathan

It's not officially official, but Alex WILL be playing next week!

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    It's not officially official, but Alex WILL be playing next week!
    Looks like he is #69...

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    Looks like he is #69...
    That post was before the tournament was over, but at that time it was late enough in the tournament I didn't think anyone would move him. He is listed in the BMW Championship field on their website.

FEDEX Cup Standings (through August 14) list Alex at 71:

https://www.pgatour.com/fedexcup/off...standings.html
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    FEDEX Cup Standings (through August 14) list Alex at 71:

https://www.pgatour.com/fedexcup/off...standings.html
    Some LIV golfers are above him. He's playing Thursday.

Some LIV golfers are above him. He's playing Thursday.
    I didn’t think about the LIV factor. Good news for Alex.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    Looks like he is #69...
    ESPN has their article "Here are the 70 players who advanced in the PGA Tour's FedEx Cup playoffs" posted, and Alex is #69.

He's playing Thursday.
    I should mention Alex is also playing the weekend. No cut at the BMW.

Though tee times are not yet posted, Alex will be in the first group off. Then I'm pretty sure they re-pair and re-tee time everyone for Friday based on Thursday results (unlike regular events).

Looking forward to Alex making a run for the top-30, though it's a very steep hill to climb (likely needs a top-3 finish, and obviously these are the best and hottest golfers still playing).

Well, as always I will be pulling hard for Alex. Perhaps this is the week he puts it all together. He obviously has the talent.

When I'm wrong, I'm really wrong. Alex, paired with #70 Wyndham Clark, tees off last on Thursday at 3:00. Then he and Wyndham tee off at noon on Friday.

#1 & #2, Zalatoris & Scheffler, tee off 20 minutes before them both days.

Alex in at -2, T24. He's within striking range, good first day.

Alex having a terrible day and he won't be playing next weekend, he has dug himself too deep a hole and the competition is too stiff. It would take a miracle. He needed to play lights out to make next week anyway, he probably had at best a 5% chance at the beginning of the tournament.

Still, a very good rookie campaign for him, he should be proud. Congrats!

Alex catches fire late, birdies 4 of his last 5 holes to finish -2 on the day. Friday killed him. He can play with these guys, but one bad day (even one bad hole) will cost you at this level.

If he had shot the same score yesterday, he'd be sitting in the top-10. Alas, that's the way golf goes.

After an even front side, Alex bogeyed 11 and 13 before birdieing four of the last five holes for a 69. Tomorrow will give him another opportunity to climb in the rankings.

In the Manitoba Open in Winnipeg, Chandler Eaton (D'20) is T23 (69,68) after the 2nd round (1st rd. wiped out by weather). Two rounds will be played tomorrow.

Although Streelman, Long, and Smalley are done for the '21-'22 tour, a couple of our ex-players are still competing in the PGA TOUR CANADA. Chandler Eaton and Motin Yeung will tee off tomorrow in Brainerd, Minn. (where Fargo, the movie was filmed). This tour competes for the Fortinet Cup, and the top five advance to the Korn Ferry. The majority of the players are from the USA.

Lindy Duncan

Out of the Blue, Lindy shot a 62 to complete her Friday round in the current LPGA event. Lindy has struggled recently, not an exempt player and has earned $0 on the tour this year. She is tied for 2nd, 2 back and will earn a paycheck this week.

Mina and Leona are both currently only one shot off the lead at the Dana Open.