Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Adam Long finished the Zozo Championship at -1, T-25, earning $78,000.

Next stop is the Butterfield Bermuda Championship at the Port Royal Golf Course, Southampton, BER • Purse: $6,500,000.
    The tour continues then with the Mayakoba tournament at Riviera Maya in the Yucatan, Mexico, where Adam was the runner-up two years ago.

There is a one-week break at Thanksgiving and three weeks off around Christmas and New Year's. Otherwise, the PGA Tour is continuous.
    Don’t forget about the RSM Classic Nov. 18-21 in Sea Island the week before Thanksgiving.

Quote Originally Posted by seacap29 View Post
    Alex Smalley will play Thursday in Bermuda. Guess traveling from Japan to Bermuda was a little much for Adam Long. He will sit this one out as will Kevin Streelman.
    Alex Smalley turned in a very nice -2 today and is T-15 in the Butterfield Bermuda championship, with a few players still to finish up on Friday morning. The median score in the first round was +2, as the wind was roaring on this mid-Atlantic location.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Alex Smalley turned in a very nice -2 today and is T-15 in the Butterfield Bermuda championship, with a few players still to finish up on Friday morning. The median score in the first round was +2, as the wind was roaring on this mid-Atlantic location.
    Alex shoots a very nice -4 67 in the second round -- four birdies and 14 pars [sigh]. He now sits at #9 on the leaderboard, but a number of players out on the course.
    Sage Grouse

'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Solid golf from Alex, 69,67. Now for the weekend.

Alex Smalley finished 69,67,70,68 in Bermuda for T9 (early finisher). He is projected to jump to #53 in the very early FedExCup race. Adam Long is #84 and Kevin Streelman is #116. Both Adam and Kevin are entered in next week's event in Riviera Maya, Mexico. Alex is an alternate.

Quote Originally Posted by seacap29 View Post
    Alex Smalley finished 69,67,70,68 in Bermuda for T9 (early finisher). He is projected to jump to #53 in the very early FedExCup race. Adam Long is #84 and Kevin Streelman is #116. Both Adam and Kevin are entered in next week's event in Riviera Maya, Mexico. Alex is an alternate.
    Alex Smalley finished T-12 in Bermuda. Except for his triple bogey on Saturday, he could have been top five. His line for the tough par 3 16th: tee shot, out of rough, trap shot, trap shot again, two putts. Alex earned a payout of $129,000.
    Sage Grouse

Alex Smalley finished T-12 in Bermuda. Except for his triple bogey on Saturday, he could have been top five. His line for the tough par 3 16th: tee shot, out of rough, trap shot, trap shot again, two putts. Alex earned a payout of $129,000.
    Huge payout for a player that just got his card. FedEx points are important but $$$ early mean a lot to young players.

At the World Wide Technology at Mayakoba tournament in the Yucatan, Adam Long is the sole Duke representative. He is -9 after three rounds, and is T-25 going into Sunday's final round. He has shot 66-70-68 in his three rounds on the par 71 course.
    Sage Grouse

At the World Wide Technology at Mayakoba tournament in the Yucatan, Adam Long is the sole Duke representative. He is -9 after three rounds, and is T-25 going into Sunday's final round. He has shot 66-70-68 in his three rounds on the par 71 course.
    Small clarification, Streelman missed the cut by a stroke so Long is the only Duke representative remaining.

Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    Small clarification, Streelman missed the cut by a stroke so Long is the only Duke representative remaining.
    Good catch. I forgot that one.
    Sage Grouse

Adam Long finished T22 in Mayakoba (66,70,68,68). He and Kevin Streelman are entered in this week's Houston Open. Alex Smalley is an alternate.

H-P Enterprise Houston Open

As noted, two Devils in the field:

Kevin Streelman off #10 at 7:02A. Adam Long off #1 at 11:58A.

Alex Smalley apparently on the waiting list.
    Sage Grouse

Houston Open delayed due to inclement weather.

https://www.pgatour.com/leaderboard.html
    Bob Green

Looks like Alex Smalley has made the field in Houston from the alternate list. Now Streelman, Long, and Smalley will compete once the weather allows.

Leona in 1st

Leona shot an 8 under, 62 today and currently leads the field by 2 (most players finished/nearly finished as tourney on east coast). Lot's of Duke players in the field.

Kevin Streelman shot +1 (71) and is currently T50. He had two birdies, 14 pars, one bogey and one double bogey.
    Bob Green

Alex Smalley shot -2 (68) and is currently T7. Four birdies and two bogeys.
    Bob Green

In Houston, Adam Long was -3 and T-6; Alex Smalley was -2 and T-12; Streels was +1 and T-78. Overall, a good start for the Duke contingent.
    Sage Grouse

In Houston, Adam Long was -3 and T-6; Alex Smalley was -2 and T-12; Streels was +1 and T-78. Overall, a good start for the Duke contingent.
    It looks like Long ended up at -4 after his first round and is even thru the first four holes today.

Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    It looks like Long ended up at -4 after his first round and is even thru the first four holes today.
    Long finishes -3 for the day and -7 overall for 3rd place with many left on the course. I expect him to be around 10th going into the weekend. Smalley and Streelman have just tied off in the last few minutes.