Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    On a cold, windy day, Long shot -3 and is T20. Streelman was +1 and now T44. There were a lot of scores over par today due to the difficult conditions. The leader is Taylor Gooch at -16. Tomorrow should be warmer with less wind, so there will be better scoring.

The field caught up with Celine Boutier today, as she shot even par to stay at -14 after three rounds. She is now in a four-way tie for first, with Mina Harigae one shot behind (in a two-way tie for fifth). Leona Maguire shot 6-under to move into a three-way tie for seventh, two strokes back at -12. Lots of Duke blue in the top ten of this leader board.

Sunday tee times:
    Streelman 9:36 (off tee #10)
    Long 9:58 (tee #1, in group with Zach Johnson, so could get some TV time)

Boutier and Harigae finished tied for third at -18 in the CME Group Tour Championship, five strokes behind winner Jin Young Ko. Maguire finished at -14, tied for 12th.

Sunday was a beautiful day in Sea Island, and the scores reflected it. Long had a good day and finished at -11 to tie for 16th. Streelman finished at -4, tied for 51st.

The PGA Tournament of Champions kicks off the 2022 schedule this Thursday the 6th and unfortunately no Duke guys are entered. However, I am hoping some will tee it up on Jan. 13 at the Sony. It will be interesting to see who of our players will be qualified for the PGA and the Korn Ferry (which begins on Jan. 16 in the Bahamas). I expect to see Kevin Streelman, Adam Long, Alex Smalley, and, perhaps Max Greyserman, but what about Wes Roach, Ryan Blaum, Matt Oshrine and the youngster Chandler Eaton? Others? We'll see....

Per his website, Kevin Streelman will play in The American Express, January 20-23 in La Quinta, CA.
    Bob Green

Next up for the PGA, the Sony Open in Hawaii January 13-16. Adam Long and Alex Smalley will play.

The Korn Ferry Tour resumes Sunday the 16th in the Bahamas. Ryan Blaum and Max Greyserman are entered.

Adam Long (70-67) and Alex Smalley (67-71) both missed the Sony cut. The two will move on to the American Express in La Quinta next week. Kevin Streelman will also play.

Duke Starts at #1 at La Quinta

Tee times are up for this week's American Express Open in La Quinta, CA. First off the tee on #1 at La Quinta CC are Kevin Streelman and Adam Long, going off at 8:40A. The other full tour member, Alex Smalley, is off #10 at 9:00A on the same course. There are two other courses in play for this tournament. The final round will be at the Pete Dye Stadium Course; the third course is the Nicklaus Tournament Course.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Not a good day for Kevin Streelman at the American Express at La Quinta, Ca. He sits T113 (73). Alex Smalley shot a 67 for T24 and Adam Long scored a 68 for T42. All three golfers will move to the Nicklaus course tomorrow.

Boutier

Celine Boutier in 5th place, 3 back in the LPGA Champions event. No other Lady Devils qualified for this event.

Alex Smalley is T47 (70), Adam Long is T70 (71), and Kevin Streelman is 148th (74) out of the 156 player field. I look for Kevin to rally out of this funk. Tomorrow the three move to the Stadium Course in La Quinta.

Celine Boutier is in 6th position going into final round of the Tournament of Champions in Orlando.

Alex Smalley makes the cut at the American Express Open at La Quinta. He is at -10 and T-30. Adam Long and Streels will not play in the final round.
    Sage Grouse

'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

In making the cut Alex Smalley played all three courses well (67 70 69).

Alex Smalley finished T25 (70) in La Quinta. He, Adam Long, and Kevin Streelman move on to the Farmer's Ins. Open in San Diego (Torry Pines) this Thursday.

Meanwhile Ryan Blaum (T17) and Max Greyserman (T24) have easily made the cut at the Bahamas Great Abaco Classic.

Adam Long (E), Alex Smalley (+1), and Kevin Streelman (-2) began play on the tougher South Course of Torrey Pines at the Farmer's Insurance Open. They are now between 50 and 100 in the standings. This is a Wednesday thru Saturday tournament.

Last year, the South Course was the seventh toughest on the PGA Tour with a 72.53 stroke average.
    The South Course will also be the site of this year's U.S. Open.
    Sage Grouse