Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Too soon.

Go to HELL, Carolina.

There, feel better?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Umm, the Dukie in you should have flinched too.

There are many Duke fans who think Duke has not been the same since this moment...
    Oh right. Ugh. I uttered some words that day.

Don't sleep on the Mountaineers...

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Don't sleep on the Mountaineers...
    App State is impressive. Chase Brice is the weak link- he is just a game manager and not a difference maker.

Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    App State is impressive. Chase Brice is the weak link- he is just a game manager and not a difference maker.
    Definitely true. Their defense is pretty dang good. He has some nice pieces around him.

ASU takes the late lead against Miami...

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post

There, feel better?
    Why, yes.

Yes I do!

Thanks — must spread Sporkz…..

Two dropped passes kill ASU's upset bid. Brice was pretty dang good.

I don't really get the hate for Brice on this board. Yes, he did not fit well on a Duke team that could not protect him; he is not as mobile as a lot of quarterbacks and Duke has evolved (or is that devolved) to require mobility in their quarterbacks. But he can be useful for a team with a decent O-line. It would not surprise me if he has a successful season this year, and I would be glad for him if it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by 75Crazie View Post
    I don't really get the hate for Brice on this board. Yes, he did not fit well on a Duke team that could not protect him; he is not as mobile as a lot of quarterbacks and Duke has evolved (or is that devolved) to require mobility in their quarterbacks. But he can be useful for a team with a decent O-line. It would not surprise me if he has a successful season this year, and I would be glad for him if it happens.
    You aren't alone, but we weren't getting more than 3 wins with a good season from him as frustrating as it was to watch. It's water under the bridge.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Two dropped passes kill ASU's upset bid. Brice was pretty dang good.
    According to the ABC crawler, he wasn't the biggest news story at the Miami game tonight. Miami Hurricanes fans saved a falling cat with an American flag apparently.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nca...ium/ar-AAOlpKQ

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Because in the majority of his time on the field, he sucked. There's no other way to say it. Maybe he's improved, maybe he's on a better fitting team, but for some unfathomable reason David Cutcliffe stuck with Brice far too long last year, and Chase never made that decision worthwhile.
    He wasn't the only reason that Duke had a lousy season last year, but he was a very large part of it.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    occasional ACC participant ND trailing Toledo late in the third quarter.
    Given ND-FSU went to OT, is it a surprise that Jacksonville State beat FSU at the last second in Tally?

Quote Originally Posted by duke2x View Post
    Given ND-FSU went to OT, is it a surprise that Jacksonville State beat FSU at the last second in Tally?
    Guess who caught the winning TD?

Damond Philyaw-Johnson. Try that one on for size. He couldn't get a win over FSU at Duke but he gets one at Jacksonville State!!

Things are weird when Wake is asking FSU to please stop embarrassing the conference.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post

Damond Philyaw-Johnson. Try that one on for size. He couldn't get a win over FSU at Duke but he gets one at Jacksonville State!!
    Video clip: http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=32193433
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post

#2 on the ESPN Top 10 on a Football Saturday. Not bad!

Larry
    DevilHorse

Hate is a strong word. You must admit that he was a turnover machine with poorly thrown passes and fumbles. Hard to blame others for that. He was also very “foot” slow, meaning he couldn’t execute option plays like many of our previous quarterbacks could, thus making playing defense against us much easier. Not a lot to love there.

Quote Originally Posted by szstark View Post
    Hate is a strong word. You must admit that he was a turnover machine with poorly thrown passes and fumbles. Hard to blame others for that. He was also very “foot” slow, meaning he couldn’t execute option plays like many of our previous quarterbacks could, thus making playing defense against us much easier. Not a lot to love there.
    I have zero hate for Chase but just observed the same things the announcers did last night. He can be an adequate game manager if he doesn’t try to do too much. He simply cannot execute a downfield throw. His receivers bailed him out multiple times early and he threw behind his wide open tight end which should have been a TD- instead App State settled for a FG after he missed another couple of throws badly. He isn’t terrible but wouldn’t make Duke any better.

Quote Originally Posted by szstark View Post
    I guess my attitude was colored significantly by a poster about a week or so ago who called Brice the worst Duke quarterback ever. Regardless of what you think of him, that is a highly questionable take. In my 50+ years of following Duke football, I can think of several off the top of my head who played significantly worse than Brice ... headed by one that threw 6 interceptions against uNC and ruined a herculean effort by the best defense I've seen on a Duke team (my one and only foray into the Blue Hell football stadium).

Quote Originally Posted by DevilHorse View Post
    #2 on the ESPN Top 10 on a Football Saturday. Not bad!

Larry
    DevilHorse
    Congrats to DPJ. But some spectacularly bad play by the FSU secondary.