View Poll Results: Which will be the top 5 boxoffice winners of winter?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Venom: Let There Be Carnage

12 42.86%
  • James Bond: No Time to Die

14 50.00%
  • Dune

16 57.14%
  • Eternals

16 57.14%
  • Ghostbusters: Afterlife

9 32.14%
  • Encanto

8 28.57%
  • Spider-man: No Way Home

27 96.43%
  • Sing 2

11 39.29%
  • Matrix: Resurrections

15 53.57%
  • Morbius

1 3.57%
  • Uncharted

1 3.57%
  • Other (field)

7 25.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Quote Originally Posted by freshmanjs View Post
    Has there ever been one of these contests where the #1 movie had such a dominant lead over #2 (more than 3x)?
    2019 was like that. Just about 3x. Way more than this one in absolute dollars.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Moonfall is gonna screw y'all up.

(I didn't vote for it, so it wouldn't help me anyway)
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

It’s pretty wild Encanto didn’t make it.

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    I underestimated how much The Eternals would bring in, which, having now seen it, I would probably still do.
    As I used to say in the comic book shop I worked in, Marvel Zombies.

Sing 2 did $4.8 mil this weekend to take its total to $134.5 mil. It is showing nice legs, only dropped 17% from last weekend, so it would seem to still have at least another $10 mil or so left in the tank.

I'm seeing a screening of Moonfall this week... I really doubt it can rise up to $130+ mil, but will report back after I see it.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Of all the list, I liked the film Dune the most. To me, this movie is similar to Star Wars. I hope that the continuation will also be interesting

Moonfall was…awful. Like 2112 awful (but worse). Like The Day After Tomorrow bad (but much worse). Like Total Impact bad (but definitely worse). Might be the worst potential end of the world movie I’ve ever seen. Imagine the last 15 minutes of the last Indiana Jones movie, but taking that nugget and making it 2 plus hours long.

Suffice to say - it’s not topping $130M. Or $50M for that matter.

Too bad. Could have been good. But it wasn’t. Not even close.

JNort for the win!!

Not really, but props to him for being the only person to pick Uncharted. It has a chance to reach our top 5 over the next month (contest does not close until late March even though March releases like The Batman are not eligible).

Uncharted is currently at $57 million and will probably be at about $85 mil after this weekend. It is trying to catch Sing 2, our current 5th place film, which is at $148 million and is pretty close to done (I say it ends up at $151 mil). The key for Uncharted is how it does next weekend when The Batman sucks all the air out of the room when it comes to films in theaters. I suppose it is possible Uncharted gets some spillover from folks who find The Batman sold out (it is going to sell out a LOT), but the bottom line is that it will hurt Uncharted to not be the go-to action movie in the moment (though The Batman isn't really much of an action flick, more a noir detective story with some brief action sequences).

Anyway, if I had to place a bet, I would bet on Uncharted winding up in the $130s, but it is not outside the realm of possibility that it gets to $150...

I just wanted to note that the contest is not a done deal yet.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?