View Poll Results: Which will be the top 5 boxoffice winners of winter?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Venom: Let There Be Carnage

9 42.86%
  • James Bond: No Time to Die

9 42.86%
  • Dune

12 57.14%
  • Eternals

13 61.90%
  • Ghostbusters: Afterlife

6 28.57%
  • Encanto

7 33.33%
  • Spider-man: No Way Home

21 100.00%
  • Sing 2

8 38.10%
  • Matrix: Resurrections

10 47.62%
  • Morbius

1 4.76%
  • Uncharted

0 0%
  • Other (field)

6 28.57%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Less than a week left and other than Spider-man (which 100% of us have picked) there is nothing else getting even 60% support. Looks like it is a really tough year to pick the winners!
    I don't know what you are doing right now, but if you aren't listening to the DBR Podcast, you're doing it wrong.

It's tough, because a lot of the movies aren't "high dollar" movies.

Venom is rated R and that's going to lower it's potential, then again young males are the ones that will still brave a theater.

The Bonds have been solid consistent money makers, but they aren't mega blockbusters.

I see Ghostbusters and Matrix both in the same light. Might be good for nostalgia, but I think many will hold off given the disaster that was their most recent films. Even then, the first move in each franchise was far and away the best movie.

Sing 2 is the only family film in there (I think).

edit: Oh snap, just realized Encanto was a disney animated film. Ugh. I screwed the pooch. Always bet on Disney.

edit #2: Just watch the trailer for Encanto, maybe i'm not screwed after all. Plot looks worse than that Reya, Soul and Onward.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    edit #2: Just watch the trailer for Encanto, maybe i'm not screwed after all. Plot looks worse than that Reya, Soul and Onward.
    I very nearly left it on my cutting room floor simply from the trailer. But like you said before that, it's hard to go against Disney and kids.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Ymo is the only one that picked Morbius, that surprises me. I'm always mindful of those February movies making noise, especially a Marvel one.

I left it off since I already have three on my list, but four making the top 5 wouldn't be a shock. (I also don't like Jared Leto, so I let personal bias sway me.)
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

I think Eternals, Spider Man, and Venom are basically sure things.