View Poll Results: Who drafted the best team of Dukies?

Voters
131. You may not vote on this poll
  • Donald's team - Zion, Shelden, JJ, Singler, Kyrie

16 12.21%
  • Jason's team - Shane, JWill, Johnny, Elton, Dunleavy

58 44.27%
  • Sam's team - Grant, Christian, Bobby, Marvin, Nolan

57 43.51%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    Give me a team over talent. Besides, I like the pre-back injury Coach K over the post-injury Coach K.
    So Battier, JWill, and Dunleavy aren’t a team? Battier and Brand?

Also, there’s a pretty darn good argument that two of the three best “pre-back injury” players for K were Dawkins and Ferry.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

I'm sure it's been done in the thread already, but how many national championships does each team have (taking each player on the team)? For some reason, I'm thinking one of the three teams has a heck of a lot more than the other two.

If I'm picking teams, those that were clutch during the Tournament and took their teams all the way to a National Title is a super priority! But to each his/her own.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    I'm sure it's been done in the thread already, but how many national championships does each team have (taking each player on the team)? For some reason, I'm thinking one of the three teams has a heck of a lot more than the other two.

If I'm picking teams, those that were clutch during the Tournament and took their teams all the way to a National Title is a super priority! But to each his/her own.
    I could be wrong but believe it’s 4,4 and 8.

They're all wonderful,but how can you pass on Laettner, Hurley and Hill?

This is a fun thread, and I have very fond memories of all the players here. But the Durham Sun's picture is on the wall of the stairs to my man cave, and if there were a similar picture of Hurley's shot against UNLV when all of us had given up, it'd be there, too. And I should get a pic of Hill's dunk on Kansas. After that dunk, I turned to my wife and said, "we're finally going to win it." Speaking of Hurley, did he ever miss when Duke needed a shot? Remember his 3 straight foul shots against the Fab Five to sent he game to OT?

Seriously, how would you rather go into March Madness with anyone else? Only Shane comes close to matching their will to win, no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I have 5... FIVE... guys who were absolutely the best player in college basketball their final season at Duke -- Dawkins, Ferry, Brand, Battier, and JWill. Five Player of the Year winners.

Sam has one, Christian Laettner. Glenn "Big Dog" Robinson won all the awards Grant Hill's senior season.

I can't believe no one is talking more about Elton Brand, who was an absolute beast in 1999. He was dominant in a way you just don't see very often in college.
    I bet you don't think Robinson was better than Grant Hill that season. I sure don't. Your team is full of great players but none with the will to win like Laettner, Hill and Hurley. Easy vote for me. I presume most of your voters were not around to see those two back to back championships. Anyway, I'm glad all those players chose Duke University.

GoDuke!