Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Mark Few arrested for DUI

Just the excuse Gonzaga needs to fire him, right?
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Guess he a had a "few" too many?

But seriously folks don't drink and drive...especially when you have millions and access to car services throughout the country.

Glad no one was hurt.

(and love the Lake Coeur d’Alene area — that is about an hour east of Gonzaga’s campus in Spokane IIRC).

So, does he survive this episode? Or do they have to fire him on principle?
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Gotta think he survives.

I'm up for making jokes on lots and lots of things.

Driving while impaired is not one of them.

Shame on Few. He should know better.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    I'm up for making jokes on lots and lots of things.

Driving while impaired is not one of them.

Shame on Few. He should know better.
    Clearly a poor decision to drive because he had several drinks to get his blood alcohol that high. Perhaps just a unfortunate mistake and I suspect he will learn from it.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    Clearly a poor decision to drive because he had several drinks to get his blood alcohol that high. Perhaps just a unfortunate mistake and I suspect he will learn from it.
    Yeah that's like 3-4 drinks in an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    Yeah that's like 3-4 drinks in an hour.
    A .12? Isn’t that closer to a power hour (6)? I think one drink = .02 with variations based on weight, gender, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    A .12? Isn’t that closer to a power hour (6)? I think one drink = .02 with variations based on weight, gender, etc.
    Breathalyzer readings can be influenced by a number of factors and are not necessarily reliable.

Not saying he was right to do what he did. Just noting that the reading, in and of itself, is not Gospel.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    So, does he survive this episode? Or do they have to fire him on principle?
    No way on earth they fire him.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Breathalyzer readings can be influenced by a number of factors and are not necessarily reliable.

Not saying he was right to do what he did. Just noting that the reading, in and of itself, is not Gospel.
    Is that OPK JD speaking?

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post

It does say blood alcohol, suggests to me was a blood sample. If breathalyser, still should be very close.

I believe the guy makes $1.8 million smackers per year.

Seems to me more than enough to call a taxi, Uber, Lyft, etc. if he wants to rip a few cold ones and maybe even a couple darts to boot …

He could double or triple that alcohol content and have a grand ole time engaging in general tomfoolery playing good ole boy games of grab butt and call a taxi to take him home and none of us would be none the wiser …

Poor decision making …

Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post

Seems to me more than enough to call a taxi, Uber, Lyft, etc. if he wants to rip a few cold ones and maybe even a couple darts to boot …

He could double or triple that alcohol content and have a grand ole time engaging in general tomfoolery playing good ole boy games of grab butt and call a taxi to take him home and none of us would be none the wiser …

Poor decision making …
    You have to understand -- he was in Northern Idaho. 'Nuf said?
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    Of course, when you’ve had several drinks, it becomes harder to make the right decision. Wonder who he was with and why they didn’t stop him? At 0.12, it’s pretty obvious a person shouldn’t be driving.
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    You have to understand -- he was in Northern Idaho. 'Nuf said?
    Well I have admittedly never been there. But I am assuming it is a remote location with taxis at a premium. If that’s the case, he’s gotta be more prepared if he wants to funnel a couple cold ones and get a driver! Or stay home and drink at home! I imagine his humble abode is pretty nice! He’s Mark Few!

It looks like he was pulled over around 8 pm, too. Happy hour get a little too festive?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    Of course, when you’ve had several drinks, it becomes harder to make the right decision. Wonder who he was with and why they didn’t stop him? At 0.12, it’s pretty obvious a person shouldn’t be driving.
    True enough. As you say- you wonder who was there and how was he acting at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post

Poor decision making …
    "grab butt"---You must be kidding! In this day of law suits and cruising lawyers.