Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Down 6-2 (and now 9-3), it's hard to understand Paddy pairing his unquestioned best player (Rahm) with his arguably 2nd-best player (Garcia - McIlroy hasn't done much, and Hovland is a rookie). Maybe he just wanted to make sure Sergio got the Ryder Cup record.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    It ain’t over till the fat lady sings, but she’s warming up her pipes going over her scales …
    Not if we don’t get at least one 1 1/2 out of this afternoon session. Two would be much better, of course.

I don’t like the energy that the Europeans have right now.

I can’t think of a team I’d want to lose more than Poulter and Rory- glad to see them stinking it up!

Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    I can’t think of a team I’d want to lose more than Poulter and Rory- glad to see them stinking it up!
    Rory I don’t have any feelings on one way or the other. But I have actively rooted against Poulter for a long time. In fact the only two guys on the European side I genuinely don’t care for are him and Garcia.

Do we have four guys on the team that we are sure will win their individual matches tomorrow? I think we do, but I’m not positive. It would be the most epic of collapses if we didn’t win, but I’m just not sure this thing is 100% over yet.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    Do we have four guys on the team that we are sure will win their individual matches tomorrow? I think we do, but I’m not positive. It would be the most epic of collapses if we didn’t win, but I’m just not sure this thing is 100% over yet.
    Depends on the match-ups, but …. yes. All the odds in the Yanks’ favor.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Depends on the match-ups, but …. yes. All the odds in the Yanks’ favor.
    Oh, there’s no doubt the odds are in our favor. In a huge way. But I’m just trying to think about four guys on our team that I’m confident will be clutch tomorrow.

Oh, there’s no doubt the odds are in our favor. In a huge way. But I’m just trying to think about four guys on our team that I’m confident will be clutch tomorrow.
    Collin
    X
    Patty Ice

And any one of Finau/JT/DJ.

Outside of Rahm, every American tomorrow should have a higher World Golf Ranking than his opponent, and should therefore be favored. After Rahm at #1, you have 10 Americans (and a few others) before you get to the next European (Hovland).

If the Europeans should somehow prevail, it will be the biggest collapse in sports history.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Collin
    X
    Patty Ice

And any one of Finau/JT/DJ.
    As good a list as I could come up with.

As good a list as I could come up with.
    But after the 1st three, literally (in the jimsumner sense) EVERYONE ELSE has to lose.

Koepka
    Berger
    Spieth
    BAD
    Scottie
    English

All of them. To a set of Euros that haven’t exactly lit the world on fire.

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    Outside of Rahm, every American tomorrow should have a higher World Golf Ranking than his opponent, and should therefore be favored. After Rahm at #1, you have 10 Americans (and a few others) before you get to the next European (Hovland).

If the Europeans should somehow prevail, it will be the biggest collapse in sports history.
    Rankings in golf are not a great yardstick. 1 to 30 or so are nearly interchangeable and will win or lose any match on the slightest of events, moments, rubs of the green or quality of last night's sleep.

Just have to get 3.5 of 12 points tomorrow. Don’t even actually need 4 guys to win their match, although winning them would make it easier.

The Euros need to take 9 of 12 points tomorrow. Not impossible of course, but would be quite the feat.

Put another way, the largest day-3 comeback ever was 4 points. Europe has to make up 2 additional points of the largest comeback ever. Would be pretty amazing.

Unless the Euros are planning on playing Rahm in at least six of the matches, we should be able to close this out.

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Unless the Euros are planning on playing Rahm in at least six of the matches, we should be able to close this out.
    Yeah, he has had part in 3.5 of their 5 points so far. In matches Rahm has played, Europe is up 3.5 to 0.5. In all other matches, the US is up 10.5 to 1.5.

Rahm can only give them 1 more point. That means everyone else on the Euro side will have to win 8 points, when they have essentially earned just 1.5 points over the past two days.

This would be an absolutely epic collapse if we don’t hold on.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Yeah, he has had part in 3.5 of their 5 points so far. In matches Rahm has played, Europe is up 3.5 to 0.5. In all other matches, the US is up 10.5 to 1.5.

Rahm can only give them 1 more point. That means everyone else on the Euro side will have to win 8 points, when they have essentially earned just 1.5 points over the past two days.

This would be an absolutely epic collapse if we don’t hold on.
    We’ll hold on.

A better question is does Europe have 9 guys they are sure will win tomorrow? 8 of the top 10 players in the world are from the US.

Does anyone know (like, with a link) how they go about deciding the Singles match-ups?